Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you in favor or against pools for private sales? - page 3. (Read 948 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 10
Personally, I have never participated in a pool. Perhaps this has its benefits, as with large investments you get a big bonus. But I think that these schemes are bad for the project itself, because there should be as many participants as possible so that the project develops further.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
We are not really given a choice anymore. Most good ico's are not even having a crowdsale and sell out at private sale so the only way in is via pools. pools have become a thing to combat whales taking over ico's.

Go Green!

Yes, I basically agree with you here. By joining forces we can become whales too. That's why our pool is named Crypto Whales Pool.
There was a time when ICO was not regulated.
Today, they are regulated a bit and regulation is increasing more and more.
Tomorrow it may be the time of pools regulation. Who knows...?
Nope, they are more than risky. I hear about a lot of people losing hundreds of dollars worth of ETH because of this kind of classic scams, i am never gonna trust my money to a random guy that we do not even know him.

Ever since ICOs became so damn popular and mainstream, pools like the Crypto Whales Pool started pursuing the best presale deals and sometimes they are the only possible way to have access to the best tokens before exchanges.

On the other hand, some project deny access to pools. Or at least they claim so.

Are you in favor or against pools for private sales?

You are completely right about being careful. Crypto Whales Pool for example has some reputational guarantees that make bad behaviors more costful to the admin than any benefit from stealing the money.

However, many other pools don't have such guarantees. In such cases all you have is a person's word: usually an unknown or even anonymous or pseudonymous person.
Ever since ICOs became so damn popular and mainstream, pools like the Crypto Whales Pool started pursuing the best presale deals and sometimes they are the only possible way to have access to the best tokens before exchanges.

On the other hand, some project deny access to pools. Or at least they claim so.

Every action we take in life is for a purpose. I cannot say exactly that I am against or in favour because the Crypto Whales pool serves its purpose to the investors.

True. Max Weber used to call it "social actions". That's an interesting sociological approach to the topic.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
homt.net

Every action we take in life is for a purpose. I cannot say exactly that I am against or in favour because the Crypto Whales pool serves its purpose to the investors.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
Crypto is done in the money world if you need to finally make money and evaluate investments. After all, everyone has a single goal to make money.
Activity: 181
Not really i am against with the private sales because i feel being tortured with the rates of these sale,ICOs shouldnt have private sales, pre-ICO and ICO are enough.Dont rely to these private sales because you might need some KYC verifications with these privileges as we all know our IDs might be leaked or sold to the deepweb which i why we shouldnt be participating these KYC thing.
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
Nope, they are more than risky. I hear about a lot of people losing hundreds of dollars worth of ETH because of this kind of classic scams, i am never gonna trust my money to a random guy that we do not even know him.

Activity: 252
Merit: 12
I do not mind the private pool but I think I think for them should be set but the coin purchase limit. That they could not buy more than half of the coins and thus influence the course of the coin. This would be a fair decision for each ICO.

Exactly, I personally do not support it in any way. Many private sale I have encountered as given me a bad experience about private. Most developers are using it to scam people, they tell new investors that there is an already conducted sales which will make new investors to rush in to invest. And at the end of the day, it ends up been a scam. 
Activity: 182
Merit: 11

I am against to private sales because  i dont want to be unfair to most of the people,its like you are cheating with the other investors.ICO or initial coin offering should be always in public so that your team members are in public and those investors can be sure that you wont be going to cheat in your own signatures,.
I do not mind the private pool but I think I think for them should be set but the coin purchase limit. That they could not buy more than half of the coins and thus influence the course of the coin. This would be a fair decision for each ICO.

I believe early contributors (private sale participants) should get a bonus but should also be in charge of a bigger commitment. It means they should face a lock-up in my opinion.
Activity: 140
CRYPTASSIST.io
I have nothing against pools for private sales as long as the projects are honestly telling other investors what discounts they gave them. By giving large discounts and not telling other investors they are hurting new investors.

That's the main problem of private sales! It is really "private" there fore we don't know what conditions other people are getting in terms of bonuses and vesting schedules for example. When I organize http://cryptowhalespool.org/ pools I am always concerned about this kind of transparency, or lack thereof.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
Cryptocurrency is a high risk investment from the beginning. Participating in an ICO brings higher risk than buying in an exchange as you do not know what will happen when the token is released. Private sales is even higher risky business as they impose some rules that you cannot trade them until few months after token release.
Activity: 68
Merit: 19
The best way to predict the future is to invent it
I have nothing against pools for private sales as long as the projects are honestly telling other investors what discounts they gave them. By giving large discounts and not telling other investors they are hurting new investors.
Merit: 13
https://eloncity.io/
The appearance of a private pool is still an arrangement for the team. In fact, I'm not opposed to doing this. If there is a really strong person to join, I think it is a priority. It doesn't matter much to me. I don't have much investment.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
We are not really given a choice anymore. Most good ico's are not even having a crowdsale and sell out at private sale so the only way in is via pools. pools have become a thing to combat whales taking over ico's.

Go Green!
Merit: 100
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
I do think it is unfair, but many ICOs are attempting to combat this type of scheme by having a minimum investment, KYC, and other tactics.

Personally, I never used pools yet, since I did not see them in the open access, and I always thought that this is a closed information.  But many projects close their sales due to big players (and pools are also included in this number)  so it's very interesting and I would like to try

Crypto Whales Pool is open.

https://t.me/CryptoWhalesPool_Announcements
https://t.me/CryptoWhalesPool
Pages:
Jump to: