Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you sick of cliche trading advice? - page 2. (Read 184 times)

Activity: 249
Merit: 100
February 25, 2018, 10:43:32 PM
that is because it is cliche advice to you , but not to new people here. it is important to keep telling people these things because they keep making the same mistakes. and to be honest most of it is good advice but i understand where you are coming from. but just ignore it and think that it helps new people .
Activity: 505
Merit: 35
February 25, 2018, 10:40:03 PM
I've been in cryptocurrency trading for a while, and one of my pet peeves is hearing the same regurgitated advice.  The two most frequent are "Buy low and sell high" and "Buy the dips".  When the market corrects, "You should have taken profits."  When it recovers, "You should have hodled."  It gets old.  What do you think?

Actually you have a point, sometimes it is really annoying to read same topic over and over again. I don’t know if I’m guilty with this cliché most especially my last post I made here. But in fairness with my last post, all I really want is to share my recent experience which I think will help the trader and also the long term investors of crypto.

Well, we are in the trading discussion section maybe all we can do is just get use with it. Whether we like it or not this will be the common denominator topic we can read here.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
February 25, 2018, 10:14:18 PM
Without a doubt tired of it, but I do know that it won't be going away at any point. Once HODLing makes someone losses mass amounts of money (or a good amount of people lose out due to it) that's when the cliche of HODLing will die, but at the moment it really is the only way to win against a market which is insanely volatile.

I hate hearing it, but that's the kinda thing you get when you're involved in trading so you gotta get used to it. Do remember that hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20
Activity: 266
Merit: 106
Floki Robot
February 25, 2018, 08:56:56 PM
You forgot the two most imfamous cliche trading tips of all time and those are

-DYOR (do your own research for those who don't know Wink)
-Invest what you can afford to lose
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
February 25, 2018, 08:55:08 PM
Trying to time the market and predict the highs and bottoms isn't really the ideal strategy; that's why a good number of people only buy the dips and just straight out hold the coins, taking selling out of the equation. Day trading and timing the market is really just very stressful in my opinion.

Activity: 473
Merit: 11
February 25, 2018, 07:50:31 PM
I've been in cryptocurrency trading for a while, and one of my pet peeves is hearing the same regurgitated advice.  The two most frequent are "Buy low and sell high" and "Buy the dips".  When the market corrects, "You should have taken profits."  When it recovers, "You should have hodled."  It gets old.  What do you think?

I think that was the only point for trading right now. When we go into trading theres only those two option. Sell or HODL right ?
The only point is to make profit and not just waste time or money.
Activity: 224
Merit: 9
Bitcoinus Community Manager
February 25, 2018, 07:47:20 PM
Old tricks actually work. The other question is - you try to follow all of that. I believe, if you are half successful in making these things happen, you'll do good.  Smiley
Activity: 62
Merit: 11
February 25, 2018, 07:14:50 PM
Pages:
Jump to: