Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you using a hardware wallet to store your coins? - page 4. (Read 924 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100
     I use myetherwallet online wallet to keep my coins from rewards campaigns. Some money keeps them on the exchange I made the deal. Myetherwallet is the safest online wallet, but it is also prone to hacker attacks if we do not improve account security. For those who have huge profits, a hardware wallet like Ledger Nano S would be good. The Ledger Nano S has a great advantage. If you lose it, you just lose your stick, not what you have in your account.
Activity: 714
No, I'm using myetherwallet for storing my coins and tokens. I know this is very prone to hacker's attack but that's only possible if you're not careful enough with handling online security. Actually the very effective way to protect your coins is don't be fooled by true good too be true promises whether when you click those shitty links of them you will earned something like this. Oh no better to stop listening and entertaining those guys. Chances that a deadly link coming your way that will lead to hacking of your wallet.
I also use the same wallet, Myetherwallet. MEW is very easy to use too and as you say it's very easy to hack too. But all of that is true if we are careful of phishing links, of course, certainly safe. And Myetherewallet also if you can bookmarks in the future to make transactions, the original link will be safer.
Activity: 91
Merit: 1
No, I'm using myetherwallet for storing my coins and tokens. I know this is very prone to hacker's attack but that's only possible if you're not careful enough with handling online security. Actually the very effective way to protect your coins is don't be fooled by true good too be true promises whether when you click those shitty links of them you will earned something like this. Oh no better to stop listening and entertaining those guys. Chances that a deadly link coming your way that will lead to hacking of your wallet.
Activity: 504
Merit: 14
Miracle Tele
         I do not use a hardware wallet at the moment. I expect to make more money in my wallets online to buy one. I know Ledger hardware wallet is the best. I currently use ERC20, the myetherwallet wallet, and the investments keep them on the exchange. It is recommended, however, to use the wallets for more security and for more efficient management.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 310
not really a fan of hardware, if it fails you money or coins is gone unless you have a backup,
but dont rely on hardware so much , once it fails , then the rest is history
its okay if you keep it via web just make sure you have multiple security features
and don't ever forget the password
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Waiting for Bitcoin 1k
Activity: 499
Merit: 268
PAYJOE93 DESIGN SERVICE
Im not use it.. my money is not for crypto only and i feel enough use web wallet.. I think hardware wallet just for someone who have a huge value of crypto asset..
Just HOLD
copper member
Activity: 54
Merit: 11
no i dont. i am afraid that one time i cant open it anymore.

This is a common misconception. It doesn't matter if your device stops working, is lost, or stolen. As long as you have your recovery phrase you can always access your accounts.

The most popular hardware wallet devices, Ledger Nano S and Trezor, allow you to recover your accounts on any hardware or software wallet that supports the same standards as the ones used by the device, which is BIP39/BIP44. All you need is your recovery phrase.

Activity: 2
When is growth?Huh
Activity: 826
Merit: 518
Sure I will put my coins on my ledger nano S everytime it can handle that token. I really don't understand why people still don't use hardware wallet now prices are quite cheap for them.
Because lot of people still don't understand the different types of wallets we have to store our cryptos,most of the users using the online wallets like blockchain.info wallet or bitcoin to store their coins that is why they are losing their coins and when we can teach the importance of using a hardware wallet we can save lot of hacks happening in personal.
Activity: 602
Sure I will put my coins on my ledger nano S everytime it can handle that token. I really don't understand why people still don't use hardware wallet now prices are quite cheap for them.
Activity: 8
I don’t see any reason to keep funds on such a wallet, I never heard that the usual wallet would be hacked  Huh
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
no i dont. i am afraid that one time i cant open it anymore. i do use web wallets where there are customer service representatives to help in access. i do keep my keys responsibly and it is more economical.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Yep it's true. If anyone lose their hardware wallet they'll be able to recover it by buying another one but the problem is the price of a hardware wallet is not really cheap Smiley). For me, I'm not using a hardware wallet but until now, all my cryptocurrencies are still fine without being hacked.
When will growth begin?
Activity: 555
Merit: 12
Yeah I think hardware wallets are the best options. I'm using a ledger Nano S right now. It's a good one when it comes to security, better than software wallets which may warrant you to keep copying and pasting private key or importing, creating more exposure to hacking.
Activity: 336
Merit: 5
Culotte Jaune Officielle
I prefer to store my coin with a node. It gives you a percentage interest. This is what I do with Horizen, at least my coins are working while I sleep  Grin
But other than that I also own Ledger wallet to store  a few coins, this is my main vault.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
I am quite surprise to read the first few comments. I guess their online wallets have not been compromised yet. I just bought one and waiting for it to be delivered. I agree that it is the safest wallet available out there. You have full control and no need to worry about phishing.
Activity: 490
If we are talking about safe use, I would probably all the same advised to use this kind of wallets, because cryptocurrency as a whole is a very important matter for me, because I think that using a hardware wallet is a necessity.
Pages:
Jump to: