Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you worried about the high Bitcoin price volatility at the moment? - page 3. (Read 1031 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
So, if volatility does not tell the story, is it transaction numbers or pool sizes (or network numbers in general) then?
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
The volatility is part of Bitcoin's history on free market.
People seem to not care of volatility while the price increases, whether slowly or very quick. Same people may be quite concerned if the price decreases, especially if the happens over long periods of time.
It may look strange, but much more than other assets, people really expect from Bitcoin to reach very high valuation.
At least this is my guess.
The Bitcoin's price is always volatile and that's a known fact about it since its creation almost. There is no new thing here, just you need to deal with it. But in the near future, the price will (most likely) keep rising for a while.

I agree, this has been an ongoing debate for so long. Bitcoin's price had been volatile ever since so I don't know why people keep on asking about its volatility.

Well, I have a lot of discussions with non-Bitcoin users (i.e. my PhD supervisor or research partners) and volatility is the number they look at (next to the price).
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
The Bitcoin's price is always volatile and that's a known fact about it since its creation almost. There is no new thing here, just you need to deal with it. But in the near future, the price will (most likely) keep rising for a while.

I agree, this has been an ongoing debate for so long. Bitcoin's price had been volatile ever since so I don't know why people keep on asking about its volatility.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
SPIN ICO starts November 7, 2017
Bitcoin, as well as other crypto currencies, doesn't depend on the local economy or some industry, like AUD or ZAR. The volatility cannot be easily predicted and you cannot build your forecast on the well-known factors.
There is the general expectation that BTC will reach $25,000-50,000 in 2020-2022, but it is the estimated forecast without any exact evidence.
Hey,

thanks for your reply and interest. I agree, quite high volatility has been here and will be here, but from a personal standpoint I am a bit worried about the price rise as I do not understand the reason for that at the moment.

But back to the question: What would be indicators which would let your alarm bells ring?

Thanks for the help,
Marcel
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
I am not sure, if I can agree to your second sentence  Wink

but, at which point would you be worried?
Hi,

I have a question as developer of the Bitcoin Seismograph (http://www.bitcoinseismograph.com). The tool has identified a high Bitcoin volatility (above 25% for 60 days) due to recent price rises!

So my question is, if you see that as a warning sign or just normal behavior of Bitcoin. At which volatility level would you be concerned?

The Bitcoin Seismograph is intended to support Bitcoin community to monitor the Bitcoin ecosystem and identify unexpected developments earlier. It needs your feedback for finetuning the analysis algorithms.

Thanks for your help,
Marcel
Pages:
Jump to: