Pages:
Author

Topic: ARGENTINA COULD BE THE 1ST COUNTRY USING BITCOIN AS OFFICIAL CURRENCY - page 3. (Read 7111 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
The Argentinian monetary disaster will be good for the people as they will become more aware of Bitcoin and what it means.
So I feel Bitcoin will gain popularity fast.

That the Argentinian government would adopt Bitcoin? ... Never
They are "Regulators". They will never surrender any of their power (specially economic) to anybody or anything.
So if their Peso gets so devaluated and it becomes worthless, they could probably adopt another strong Fiat currency like US Dollar or Euro.
Or keep on fooling their people by issuing an "electronic currency" of their own like Ecuador's president is trying to do.

Regards,
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
why dont they use the US dollar first right?

since adopting US dollar is easier just like in the zimbabwe

but if they really use bitcoin as their country currency, i can foresee bitcoin price shoot pass 10,000 dollar each

It is quite possible that some people in Argentina are stashing up with Bitcoins and now are trying to encourage someone in their government to make it official there because they are aware of fact that they can earn lot of fiat and they are trying to exploit situation there.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
why dont they use the US dollar first right?

since adopting US dollar is easier just like in the zimbabwe

but if they really use bitcoin as their country currency, i can foresee bitcoin price shoot pass 10,000 dollar each
Activity: 672
Merit: 507
LOTEO
I heard Andreas Anotonopoulos talk about Argentina and how close they are to their 3rd fiat crash. I really hope they could give bitcoins a try at least. But it's sort of farfetched for now, imagine the elderly etc, they won't have any idea what they are doing.

It will be great if Argentina give chance to Bitcoin.
In their current financial situation, they have nothing to loose and a lot to gain.
But, I don't think they are ready for this step.

I think it's a good time for them to try, as they are facing big financial problems. This could help them
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
I heard Andreas Anotonopoulos talk about Argentina and how close they are to their 3rd fiat crash. I really hope they could give bitcoins a try at least. But it's sort of farfetched for now, imagine the elderly etc, they won't have any idea what they are doing.

It will be great if Argentina give chance to Bitcoin.
In their current financial situation, they have nothing to loose and a lot to gain.
But, I don't think they are ready for this step.
Activity: 588
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
Activity: 40
Of course it would be great...but cant believe in it...too awesome to be the truth
agree with you
Activity: 28
Of course it would be great...but cant believe in it...too awesome to be the truth
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Ecuador has decided a state-backed digital currency might help it to avoid a financial crisis.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/08/07/ecuador_follows_bitcoin_ban_with_digicurrency_proposal/
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
That would be awesome, but im afraid its too good to be true. But, if they have heads on their shoulders, they would at least look at it..
Activity: 490
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
If Argentina ever make Bitcoin official that would be great propaganda and it will ensure that Bitcoin keeps living and raising in its price!
Activity: 48
You could have physical bitcoins/ satoshis circulated. This would solve the problem of access/ training.

Where would they come from? Argentina can't produce Bitcoins, physical or otherwise, out of thin air to circulate.

Argentina would have to buy them.
You will have to do the same things that you do when you dollarize an economy.

Buy them with what? Sell half their assets? 90% of the population probably has no extra assets they can sell. They rely on salaries which cannot be paid because they have to be paid in non-existent Bitcoin.

You can borrow dollars. You can't borrow Bitcoins.  Get real.
The citizens generally do not have extra assets, but the employers likely do.
ffe
Activity: 308

If you can borrow dollars, you definitely can convert them to bitcoins.  Grin

You win. Let's see you convince them of this.
legendary
Activity: 1358

If you can borrow dollars, you definitely can convert them to bitcoins.  Grin
ffe
You could have physical bitcoins/ satoshis circulated. This would solve the problem of access/ training.

Where would they come from? Argentina can't produce Bitcoins, physical or otherwise, out of thin air to circulate.

Buy them with what? Sell half their assets? 90% of the population probably has no extra assets they can sell. They rely on salaries which cannot be paid because they have to be paid in non-existent Bitcoin.

Activity: 784

They wouldn't peg to bitcoin… too much volatility.
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Seems very radical.
Everyone in Argentina would need access to it,
not be scared to death of it,
many would need training in it,
there would need to be special groups set up to help counteract the influx of scammers and con artists.

Would a country need it's people on side to change it's currency, or is it just a government decision?

These could be easily counterfeited and would remove the ledger system (blockchain) that bitcoin uses. Most people would have no way to know for sure that there is a balance in the physical coin, nor would they know what it would look like. This would just open up too many possibilities for scams.
legendary
Activity: 1358

legendary
Activity: 1022
This is a fantasy.  Bitcoin is a deflationary currency. Argentina tried a relatively stable currency and got hammered as its neighbors allowed their currencies to depreciate.  Maybe the people of Argentina will see bitcoin as electronic gold and hold some in hopes of using it as a store of value, but offical adoption is not going to happen, unless maybe you have an inside track to be the next dictator of Argentina.
ffe

Pages:
Jump to: