Pages:
Author

Topic: ARK - DPoS 🔹 ARK Protokol 🔹 MarketSquare 🔹 IPFS 🔹 Staking on Binance 🔹 - page 16. (Read 781277 times)

Activity: 1806
Merit: 515
The 11th episode of ARK Adventures is here! This adventure covers the Bitcoin halving and ARK inflation.

Read more and watch the episode at https://blog.ark.io/ark-adventure-vlog-ark-inflation-and-bitcoin-halving-comparison-venice-beach-ca-a058fa79a8b7

Hello.

Do I have to update the mobile wallet?
I have a version 1.3.1.

If I need to update how to do it? Do I need to uninstall the current version and
go again to the playstore to install the latest version.

I do not see any update option in the current wallet.
Thanks.

That seems like a pretty old version. I would suggest you make a backup of passphrases (if you haven't done yet) and uninstall and then install the newest version if you want to interact with ARK blockchain.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 534
Hello.

Do I have to update the mobile wallet?
I have a version 1.3.1.

If I need to update how to do it? Do I need to uninstall the current version and
go again to the playstore to install the latest version.

I do not see any update option in the current wallet.
Thanks.
The February Development Report is out. With over 694,000 lines of code added, it was a very productive month in the #ARK Ecosystem. Let's go into more detail in this blog post.

Read more on https://blog.ark.io/ark-development-report-february-2020-37a995d1dab9

Activity: 323
Merit: 19

First you need to vote for a delegate from your wallet. Then you get rewards just by having a balance in your wallet. There is no need for the wallet to be running all the time.

Ark is DPoS (delegated PoS). This means that only the delegates need to have their nodes running all the time (51 of them with the most votes). The rest just vote.

It's a good idea to check the wallet every now and then. If your delegate stops paying, it's time to change to a new one Wink

Do I choose any delegate or is there a criterion about choosing them?

This might help you
https://arkdelegates.io/delegates/
Activity: 1666
Merit: 267
Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com

First you need to vote for a delegate from your wallet. Then you get rewards just by having a balance in your wallet. There is no need for the wallet to be running all the time.

Ark is DPoS (delegated PoS). This means that only the delegates need to have their nodes running all the time (51 of them with the most votes). The rest just vote.

It's a good idea to check the wallet every now and then. If your delegate stops paying, it's time to change to a new one Wink

Do I choose any delegate or is there a criterion about choosing them?
Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

ARK is upgrading to Core v2.6.
The only requirement is to update the ARK Desktop Wallet/ARK Mobile Wallet to the latest version (will be released around the time Core v2.6 goes out) in order for you to continue to interact with the ARK blockchain. Just keep an eye out on the notification in the Desktop Wallet/Mobile Wallet when an update becomes available or follow our blog/social media."

I checked my ARK wallet and I was last paid on the 9th of February. I am now downloading the latest wallet. Do I always need the latest wallet downloaded to continue getting rewards?

This posted within the post just above seems to answer my question: " The current Desktop Wallet version is 2.8.1, any wallet below 2.8 is no longer compatible with the ARK blockchain due to the recent network upgrades including schnorr multisigs, multipayments, nonces and more. You don't have to upgrade your wallet if you don't want to, you wont lose your ARK, you just won't be able to interact with it or the network."

You need the new wallet to interact with the network. If you want to send cons for example... You are still receiving rewards, you just can't see it because the old wallet cannot connect to the new network.

How can I receive rewards? just by having my ARK wallet running with a balance on it? like PoS reward?

The only requirement is to update the ARK Desktop Wallet/ARK Mobile Wallet to the latest version (will be released around the time Core v2.6 goes out) in order for you to continue to interact with the ARK blockchain. Just keep an eye out on the notification in the Desktop Wallet/Mobile Wallet when an update becomes available or follow our blog/social media."

I checked my ARK wallet and I was last paid on the 9th of February. I am now downloading the latest wallet. Do I always need the latest wallet downloaded to continue getting rewards?

This posted within the post just above seems to answer my question: " The current Desktop Wallet version is 2.8.1, any wallet below 2.8 is no longer compatible with the ARK blockchain due to the recent network upgrades including schnorr multisigs, multipayments, nonces and more. You don't have to upgrade your wallet if you don't want to, you wont lose your ARK, you just won't be able to interact with it or the network."

You need the new wallet to interact with the network. If you want to send cons for example... You are still receiving rewards, you just can't see it because the old wallet cannot connect to the new network.

How can I receive rewards? just by having my ARK wallet running with a balance on it? like PoS reward?
The ARK Deployer now utilizes the newest ARK Core v2.6. Build your own blockchain with the ARK Deployer today!

Visit https://ark.io/deployer to learn more!

February is done and so is the February GitHub Bounty Program. Let's go over the winners and their pull requests.

Read more at https://blog.ark.io/ark-github-development-bounty-program-february-2020-1c6fc1c9c41

Join the program at https://bounty.ark.io

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

Activity: 552
Merit: 110

Activity: 66
Merit: 3
Good that I was having the wallet version after 6xx because before that one the new ARK version would no support below version 6. I bet for those not updated their Ark wallet they might lose their coins for having an old wallet?

I really don't follow what you are saying here or where you got 6 from, but nothing is stored in your wallet. ARK is stored on the blockchain, the wallets are just access points to the blockchain. If you have your passphrase, you can access your ARK on the blockchain anywhere in the world at anytime(with internet connection of course). The current Desktop Wallet version is 2.8.1, any wallet below 2.8 is no longer compatible with the ARK blockchain due to the recent network upgrades including schnorr multisigs, multipayments, nonces and more. You don't have to upgrade your wallet if you don't want to, you wont lose your ARK, you just won't be able to interact with it or the network.
Good that I was having the wallet version after 6xx because before that one the new ARK version would no support below version 6. I bet for those not updated their Ark wallet they might lose their coins for having an old wallet?
The 64th episode of the ARK Crypto Podcast is here! This week, class is in session as we get into part 2 of blockchain concepts.

Listen on https://ark.io/podcast/ark-crypto-podcast-064-blockchain-concepts-101-part-2

Announcing the newest members of the ARK Advocate Program! Please welcome Samuel, Nico, Cameron and Mike. Together they will assist in spreading ARK and blockchain awareness at community meetups, small conferences, and workshops around the globe.

Read more about new members and program at https://blog.ark.io/new-members-announced-in-ark-advocate-program-750388369f8e

I'm having problems sending from my Ark Windows Desktop wallet to an exchange.  I have sent from it once before and I have no more information saved than I did last time.    I have the 12 Word phrase and a password that was asked to be set up.  I never had a SmartBridge
code set that I know of.

I get:

The 'Passphrase' does not match the 'address'

Do we have to have both fields filled for it to send out?

In case this gets ignored, I use about 15 cryptocurrencies and it's very hard for people to know all the different styles of wallets and so on.  Making wallets unique deters from great acceptance in the public, as does ignoring people's questions in threads like this (or wherever I should ask it).

Again, a main point is I have all my information and I sent it out before.  The only thing different now is that there is another wallet created with a zero balance in addition to one that has a balance.

It's telling me The 'Passphrase' does not match the 'address' but it's the passphrase I used to log in.

Are you using the latest ARK Desktop Wallet? If it opens a different address once you import with your passphrase it means you are using different passphrase than before (is it BIP39 compliant or does it show warning trying to import?) . For further help please join our Slack as help there will be quicker (https://ark.io/slack, #help channel)
Activity: 2646
Merit: 550
I'm having problems sending from my Ark Windows Desktop wallet to an exchange.  I have sent from it once before and I have no more information saved than I did last time.    I have the 12 Word phrase and a password that was asked to be set up.  I never had a SmartBridge
code set that I know of.

I get:

The 'Passphrase' does not match the 'address'

Do we have to have both fields filled for it to send out?

In case this gets ignored, I use about 15 cryptocurrencies and it's very hard for people to know all the different styles of wallets and so on.  Making wallets unique deters from great acceptance in the public, as does ignoring people's questions in threads like this (or wherever I should ask it).

Again, a main point is I have all my information and I sent it out before.  The only thing different now is that there is another wallet created with a zero balance in addition to one that has a balance.

It's telling me The 'Passphrase' does not match the 'address' but it's the passphrase I used to log in.
ARK Desktop Wallet v2.8.1 is now available. This release fixes multipayment amount display, along with adding new features like new API price providers, initialization loading screen and much more.

You can download from https://ark.io/wallet or use the update function within the wallet!

Hashes for 2.8.1 of Desktop Wallets (SHA256)

Linux (ark-desktop-wallet-linux-x64–2.8.1.tar.gz)
- c55c04a4aa016a97057d2085f0e167807fd05dca11e97ffc7a658f43a642da0f

MacOS (ark-desktop-wallet-mac-2.8.1.dmg)
- fb455c3080e4894df1f0320b5559d265c2750d7c0f45c9808245d586effe7eaf

Ubuntu (ark-desktop-wallet-linux-amd64–2.8.1.deb)
- 1ed1da1c19ea6735e1c4dbcb6f8ba5c4b60f922fe88fcd0d7a588870ab849c61

Windows X86 & X64 (ark-desktop-wallet-win-2.8.1.exe)
- 1926fa31cf8d8971e2fb10dbe96187d570be7b50b675fec24776fd56aff6d5e8

Linux-AppImage (ark-desktop-wallet-linux-x86_64–2.8.1.AppImage)
- ee245996cf479e94269816be9329e5244965dbaa25e9eff3ae9125fd784637b5

Is this a mandatory update or can we just keep with wallets from 6 months ago?
New Let's Explore ARK Core v3 blog series is here! In Part 1 we will focus on the infrastructure improvements that have been implemented (how the application is bootstrapped, how components are wired up and how it has become easier to extend, complement and test the system with your functionality without having to modify our default implementations directly).

Read on https://blog.ark.io/lets-explore-ark-core-v3-part-1-infrastructure-5c8ba13c9c42

Pages:
Jump to: