Pages:
Author

Topic: Armory 0.96.2 is out (SegWit enabled) - page 2. (Read 9229 times)

legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
September 16, 2017, 12:33:04 PM
Turn off auto bitcoind in File -> Settings and manage bitcoin-qt manually.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
September 16, 2017, 10:46:02 AM
 I Have Armory Wallet 0.96.2 and when it's downloading syncing to blockchain the notification at the bottom left says connected to Bitcoin Core re-established it keeps popping up every seconded and making a dinging and it's slowing down the download of the blockchain and when I click on the X at the top right that on all windows apps the menu to minimize or close pops up  and when I click close at the top beside the Armory- Bitcoin Wallet Management it says Not Responding and it does this every time and I have to force close so how do I fix it or stop it from doing that it's very ignoring so why is it doing that I need some help PLEASE. And my computer is a new HP Omen with Intel i7-7700HQ with 12GB of ram and Nvidia Geforce 1050 and 1TB 7200 Hard Drive I don't know if this info will help to fix the problem. But my old computer was an HP Pavilion DV7 with duo core 2.0ghz with 4GB of ram and 500 GB hard drive but it died I fixed the charging port the first time and the plastic that holds it on the outside got broke off so the port moved around when it was plugged in and the wire on the charging port broke off again so I went and fix it again I was putting the power board back on and hooking up the ribbon cable into the port the little plastic piece that locks the ribbon cable in was missing so I tried superglue bad mistake the superglue got in the port and the metal would not conduct power so I was screwed and it was a dead computer. But on that computer, I had Armory 0.95 on it and it worked fine. I don't know why I'm having so much problem with Armory 0.96.2 on my new computer now I just need HELP PLEASE. 
legendary
Armory Developer
September 16, 2017, 10:15:50 AM
It's a false positive, known bug, stop freaking out...
September 16, 2017, 09:46:42 AM
 I Have Armory Wallet 0.96.2 and when it's downloading syncing to blockchain the notification at the bottom left that says connected to Bitcoin Core re-established it keeps popping up every seconded and making a dinging so how do I fix it or stop it from doing that it's very ignoring so why is it doing that I need some help PLEASE.
September 15, 2017, 07:57:53 PM
I downloaded the 0.96.2 and when I was type in my restore codes the bitcoin core connects kept connecting and disconnecting it would work like it should if it was for that. I hit the X to exit and it asks the question it always does to minimize or close I clicked close and Armory was responding had to close Armory and then close db something. But want I want to know is why is the connection to blockchain keep connecting and disconnection every second.
September 15, 2017, 04:12:08 PM
I have Armory Wallet 0.96.0.4 and when I had 0.96 it doesn't work like it used to. My old computer that died had 0.95 on it and it would sync Bitcoin Blockchain thought Armory. I got a new computer HP omen and had Bitcoin Core d/l and install like I had to done since I started using Armory Wallet for years and download Bitcoin Core then d/l Armory Wallet 0.96 and install and click on Armory an expecting for it to sync to Bitcoin blockchain though Armory Wallet but it wouldn't I figured out I had to let Bitcoin Core sync then Armory will sync up to what Bitcoin Core has sync too. I download 0.96.0.4 and it doesn't show the command prompt anymore but still doesn't sync though Armory, like I like it or like it should, is this the new way that it works or is something not working right? I'm going to d/l the 0.96.0.2 because I see it the latest version and the one I got is a beta version maybe it wil work like it use to or is this the way it going to be for now on going back and forth between bitcoin Core and Armory Wallet I hope not that would be very ignoring.
Activity: 471
Merit: 252
September 15, 2017, 08:24:10 AM
Is it OK to use Armory with bitcoind built with

Code:
./configure --disable-wallet

?

I use bitcoind from official released binaries, I added this option in the bitcoin.conf as disablewallet=1.
If I need to run bitcoin-qt as a wallet I run bitcoin-qt -disablewallet=0 in command line.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 4373
diamond-handed zealot
September 14, 2017, 01:54:49 PM

Let it go as long as it can, then report here. If it fails, I need these logs.

yeah, it hooked up and worked that time, I am online.  Thanks guys
legendary
Armory Developer
September 14, 2017, 01:22:58 PM

Code:

?

Yes. That's how I use it personally.
Activity: 21
September 14, 2017, 12:44:21 PM

Code:

?
legendary
Armory Developer
September 12, 2017, 12:28:10 PM
paste...bin

pastebin.com

edit/  hmmmmm, so I deleted those log files and restarted like you said, and now it is building databases, which it was not doing before

Let it go as long as it can, then report here. If it fails, I need these logs.
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
September 12, 2017, 11:53:30 AM
paste...bin

okey dokey, I guess I'll google that and try and figure out what it is...sorry I'm doing it wrong

edit/  hmmmmm, so I deleted those log files and restarted like you said, and now it is building databases, which it was not doing before
legendary
Armory Developer
September 12, 2017, 11:45:09 AM
1) Delete your logs, start Armory and post the fresh logs.

2) Post dbLog.txt as well

3) Use pastebin to post the logs, not the forum itself.
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
September 12, 2017, 11:08:37 AM
Thank you for the reply.  I apologize for my ignorance and frustration.

It isn't the new database format. Armory does not use Bitcoin Core's databases. Please do not assume that the one thing you know changed is what breaks the software.

fair enough, noted

The reason your old Armory is failing is because segwit changes the block format, and old versions of Armory do not understand the segwit block format.

Upgrading to Armory 0.96.2 and deleting the databases folder in Armory's datadir should fix your problem.

unfortunately this does not seem to change the programs behavior

Also, post your log files.

OK, working on doing that right
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
September 12, 2017, 09:52:14 AM
fired up my old armory and, of course, it acked on the new DB format
It isn't the new database format. Armory does not use Bitcoin Core's databases. Please do not assume that the one thing you know changed is what breaks the software.

The reason your old Armory is failing is because segwit changes the block format, and old versions of Armory do not understand the segwit block format.

Upgrading to Armory 0.96.2 and deleting the databases folder in Armory's datadir should fix your problem.

Also, post your log files.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
September 12, 2017, 04:03:16 AM
updated core to 0.15.0cr3, which caused a full resync, so 10 hours crunching on that

Really? The thing that changed is the chainstate directory, which Armory doesn't use afaik? The blocks database format should be unchanged...
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
September 12, 2017, 02:44:47 AM
sigh

so my old stuff all broke this morning, what with segwit and all

updated core to 0.15.0cr3, which caused a full resync, so 10 hours crunching on that

got 0.96.2-beta-95dc55907f installed and got my wallets imported...and Armory just camps offline

OS is win7 64, File\Settings\General\Bitcoin Software Management is pointing to the appropriate directories

I know that, eventually, we will get it all working, but you will understand that in the mean time this is most stress inducing.  Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Activity: 27
September 11, 2017, 02:58:11 PM
I really appreciate your work - especially in supporting the dumping of this nonsense shitcoin - thanks again.

legendary
Armory Developer
September 11, 2017, 02:44:55 PM
Gotcha; that's gonna be a little difficult on an offline machine for a Linux noob like me. Guess I'll use Windows instead - thanks for your help + development time!

I'll fix the CPU fuckery for the next version if you wanna revisit this in ~1 month.
Activity: 27
September 11, 2017, 02:38:55 PM
Gotcha; that's gonna be a little difficult on an offline machine for a Linux noob like me. Guess I'll use Windows instead - thanks for your help + development time!
Pages:
Jump to: