Pages:
Author

Topic: Armory - Discussion Thread - page 49. (Read 521749 times)

Activity: 255
Merit: 250
Senior Developer - Armory
May 15, 2014, 11:58:01 AM
3) Is the torrent blockchain downloader included in all new armory versions (linux, windows, mac os)? I am not sure if it works on Mac OS. I started Armory, than bitcoin-qt. As far I can tell it does download the blockchain only with bitcoin-qt.

Yes, the torrent code doesn't work under OS X. I'll see if something can be worked out. The torrents really do speed things up.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:30:49 AM
Can Armory made to run portable? I know it needs bitcoind to load the blockchain. I have a portable version of bitcoind running. So i should get a connection somehow.

And can i run armory portable and without bitcoind once the blockchain is loaded? Or is bitcoind needed all the time? It sounds a bit risky to use armory then when bitcoind has to run all the time anyway. I mean if i have to use bitcoind anyway it would only add another layer of insecurity to add another software to it. I guess it would be easier then to use bitcoind when i have the disadvantages of bitcoind anyway.
Activity: 337
May 14, 2014, 09:45:54 PM
Thanks for the replies.  Looks like Armory runs as a full node just fine.  Go to command prompt, navigate to your directory that contains bitcoind.exe:  bitcoind getinfo

Result is 10 connections so far.  I guess when I say full node, I am meaning a full validating node, which is what I want.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1360
Armory Developer
May 14, 2014, 09:44:17 PM
Hi,

1) Which is the recommend version for setting up a new (offline) wallet?
0.91.2 for creating & broadcasting and 0.90 for the offline one? I am afraid of the recent bugs.

2) I don't want to transfer the created & signed transactions by usb (ultra paranoid Wink). After I move the armory offline bundle to the offline machine and back upped the wallet I never want to have a cd/usb stick in the offline computer again.How large is the average transaction and how long do you think will it take to type it by hand? if it can be done in 10minutes I am totally okay with that.

3) Is the torrent blockchain downloader included in all new armory versions (linux, windows, mac os)? I am not sure if it works on Mac OS. I started Armory, than bitcoin-qt. As far I can tell it does download the blockchain only with bitcoin-qt.

Thanks!

1) For now old versions, even 0.8x can run as an offline signer. We highly recommend upgrading to 0.91.2, for the added security of the wallet sanity check on each run. Eventually, when we put out the multisig version, you'll have to upgrade, as the transaction distribution format has changed to accomodate for multisig. With 0.92, we'll ship the new wallet format, so then you'll have to upgrade to create the new wallets.

2) A single in with 2 outs (spend + change) is something like 65 bytes for the uncompressed the public key, 65 for the sig, about 25 bytes per outputs so give and take 180 bytes. At 2 characters per bytes (hex encoded) you should be able to do it under 10 minutes. There no signature on the way in of course, so that gives you an idea. Make sure to thouroughly verify the spend and change addresses. After 0.92, I should have enough time to finally complete the audio data channel.

3) Last time I checked, it doesnt work with OSX. Granted Im not sure how that part is evolving, ask Doug directly about that part.

Hi there,

I tried to perform a search for this, but didn't get any straight answers.  Can you launch/run Armory and also have it function as a full bitcoin node?  If this isn't possible...I think it should be.

Thanks,

Quantum

There currently isnt a version of online Armory that doesnt require a full bitcoin node in the background. We will come up with a lite node eventually, but also a supernode.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
May 14, 2014, 08:29:38 PM
Hi there,

I tried to perform a search for this, but didn't get any straight answers.  Can you launch/run Armory and also have it function as a full bitcoin node?  If this isn't possible...I think it should be.

Thanks,

Quantum

Armory, requires a full node, so technically you are running a full node, but armory itself is not a full node.
Activity: 337
May 14, 2014, 06:34:54 PM
Hi there,

Thanks,

Quantum
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
May 13, 2014, 04:39:56 AM
Hi,

1) Which is the recommend version for setting up a new (offline) wallet?
0.91.2 for creating & broadcasting and 0.90 for the offline one? I am afraid of the recent bugs.

2) I don't want to transfer the created & signed transactions by usb (ultra paranoid Wink). After I move the armory offline bundle to the offline machine and back upped the wallet I never want to have a cd/usb stick in the offline computer again.How large is the average transaction and how long do you think will it take to type it by hand? if it can be done in 10minutes I am totally okay with that.

Thanks!
Activity: 23
May 12, 2014, 11:33:08 AM
in the signtx function there the unlock function are threaded seperatly as follows (just unlocking needed addresses):
Code:
 numInputs = len(txdp.pytxObj.inputs)
      wltAddr = []
      for index,txin in enumerate(txdp.pytxObj.inputs):
         scrType = txdp.scriptTypes[index]
         if scrType in CPP_TXOUT_STDSINGLESIG:
            scrAddr = txdp.inScrAddrList[index]
            addr160 = scrAddr[1:]
            if self.hasAddr(addr160) and self.addrMap[addr160].hasPrivKey():
               wltAddr.append( (self.addrMap[addr160], index, 0))
May 12, 2014, 11:31:10 AM
yeah but the entire unlock just takes to long, it takes all the addresses from wallet -> not just the implicated tx addresses:
Code:
 for addrObj in (sorted(self.addrMap.values(), 
                             key=operator.attrgetter('chainIndex'))):
         Progress(naddress, addrCount)
         naddress = naddress +1

needToSaveAddrAfterUnlock = addrObj.createPrivKeyNextUnlock
         if needToSaveAddrAfterUnlock and addrObjPrev is not None:
               ChainDepth = addrObj.chainIndex - addrObjPrev.chainIndex

if ChainDepth > 0 and addrObjPrev.chainIndex > -1:
                  addrObj.createPrivKeyNextUnlock_IVandKey[0] = \
                                             addrObjPrev.binInitVect16.copy()
                  addrObj.createPrivKeyNextUnlock_IVandKey[1] = \
                                          addrObjPrev.binPrivKey32_Encr.copy()

addrObj.createPrivKeyNextUnlock_ChainDepth  = ChainDepth

addrObj.unlock(self.kdfKey)
         if addrObj.chainIndex > -1: addrObjPrev = addrObj

if needToSaveAddrAfterUnlock:
            updateLoc = addrObj.walletByteLoc
            self.walletFileSafeUpdate( [[WLT_UPDATE_MODIFY,
                                         addrObj.walletByteLoc,
                                         addrObj.serialize()]])

self.isLocked = False
      LOGDEBUG('Unlock succeeded: %s', self.uniqueIDB58)
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093
Core Armory Developer
May 12, 2014, 11:29:04 AM
Yes -> armoryd

what do you mean with re-unlock it?
just setting: self.wallet.isLocked = False ?

You call self.wallet.unlock() to unlock hte wallet to make the keys available for signing.  If you don't do this immediately before signing, it could relock itself before you attempt to sign (it's like 5 or 10 sec timeout).
May 12, 2014, 11:25:34 AM
Yes -> armoryd

what do you mean with re-unlock it?
just setting: self.wallet.isLocked = False ?
legendary
Core Armory Developer
May 12, 2014, 11:22:33 AM
Hi there!

After making some test with 100.000 addresses in Wallet, we have a problem signing the Tx's on offline server.
It takes several minutes to sign, I tried some tweaks on unlock method (just taking the addrObj which I need, and not all of the 100.000 addresses to unlock)
But later on self.wallet.signTxDistProposal(txdp) it stucks.

Before stuggling into modifying more code, wanted to ask if someone of armory see some
fast way to sign a TX in a hugh big wallet?

Best regards!

I'm fairly certain that this can be done without unlocking the entire wallet (which checks the validity of each key).  In fact, I was pretty sure we had done this already, but perhaps not.  Or maybe it wasn't sent to armoryd (isn't that what you're using?)

The problem might be that the wallet relocks itself after 10 sec and you are not getting to the signing before then.  So you have re-unlock it by the time you get to the signing procedure (and make sure you only unlock the specific keys you need, again.
May 12, 2014, 07:24:21 AM
Hi there!

After making some test with 100.000 addresses in Wallet, we have a problem signing the Tx's on offline server.
It takes several minutes to sign, I tried some tweaks on unlock method (just taking the addrObj which I need, and not all of the 100.000 addresses to unlock)
But later on self.wallet.signTxDistProposal(txdp) it stucks.

Before stuggling into modifying more code, wanted to ask if someone of armory see some
fast way to sign a TX in a hugh big wallet?

Best regards!
legendary
Core Armory Developer
May 10, 2014, 12:45:27 PM

Simulfunding Now Implemented!

Updated the top post in the multisig thread:  we have been able to remove most of the limitations of the lockboxes, and now even have a clunky-but-usable simulfunding interface:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/teaser-multi-sig-lockboxes-now-with-simulfunding-559776

The whole multisig section of the "devel" branch is extremely usable right now.  It now does P2SH for everything by default (but you can optionally use bare multisig), it handles signature merging, and now allows for multi-party simultaneous funding of lockboxes (and should be easy to expand for general-purpose, manual CoinJoin).

If you are already familiar with things like buyer-seller escrow, I'm hoping that the simulfunding stuff will be somewhat straighforward (despite there being lots of steps and moving things around) -- it's a complex process, but I think I've made it about as easy as possible for a totally decentralized app.  Besides cleaning up a bunch of things, I will work on documenting how to use the interface, and the things that can be done with it.

I think I will merge all the steps/options into a single "dashboard" which sorts everything by "organizer" and "participants".  It will show something like:

• Create Lockbox:
    • Organizer: Collect Keys
    • Participants:  Provide Pub Key
  • Deposit (regular):  Send Funds
  • Deposit (simulfund):
    • Organizer:  Merge Notes
    • Participants:  Create Promissory Note
    • Participants: Review and Sign
  • Spend:   
    • Organizer: Create Proposed Spend
    • Participants: Review and Sign

(Not sure what's up with the table formatting, but you should get the idea...)
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
May 09, 2014, 10:18:00 AM
@etotheipi / dev-team

In the wallet properties view, there is a button named "Remove Imported Address".
It wants me to select which address to remove, tough im unsure which i imported.
As the wallet is deterministic, its possible to find out which addresses are imported. Is there a way to display said addresses?

I don't know if you tried but it will fail if the address wasn't really imported

Seems the wallet i was checking had no imported keys.
Another one has. Seems the feature i asked for already exists.

In the Wallet Properties, the first cell (#) will show Imported instead of the N'th seeded address

Yup just tested it https://i.imgur.com/E2sMkoP.jpg
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
May 09, 2014, 10:17:20 AM
@etotheipi / dev-team

In the wallet properties view, there is a button named "Remove Imported Address".
It wants me to select which address to remove, tough im unsure which i imported.
As the wallet is deterministic, its possible to find out which addresses are imported. Is there a way to display said addresses?

I don't know if you tried but it will fail if the address wasn't really imported

Seems the wallet i was checking had no imported keys.
Another one has. Seems the feature i asked for already exists.

In the Wallet Properties, the first cell (#) will show Imported instead of the N'th seeded address
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
May 09, 2014, 10:11:51 AM
@etotheipi / dev-team

Also they're clearly labeled https://i.imgur.com/E2sMkoP.jpg
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
May 09, 2014, 10:06:12 AM
@etotheipi / dev-team

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1360
Armory Developer
May 07, 2014, 04:00:50 PM
So you would want to hide the balances per wallet. I think that's a great idea. Perhaps we can hide the balance of specified wallets and only show it in hover text.

Yes, I think so - although then I don't know what you would do with the totals.  As I said, it's still a bit of a thought-in-progress.

roy

For now you could flag other loaded wallets as not yours then choose to only display the ones you marked as owned. Not very convenient but can get things done while we implement something better

Is it possible to export a private key out of Armory, such that it can be used to sign transactions on some other platform or with outside code/script?

Start Armory in Expert mode, go to your wallet's properties window, choose 'Backup This Wallet' from the right panel options then pick the 'Export Key List' option.
Activity: 300
Merit: 253
Ok Check!
May 07, 2014, 10:32:19 AM
Is it possible to export a private key out of Armory, such that it can be used to sign transactions on some other platform or with outside code/script?
Pages:
Jump to: