Pages:
Author

Topic: Armory or Electrum? - page 3. (Read 2364 times)

Activity: 312
Merit: 250
July 21, 2014, 01:42:32 PM
I've been using Electrum since I was starting out. Wouldn't change. Very portable, fast, no downloading the blockchain, good interface.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1000
Fica Tranquilo
July 21, 2014, 01:29:15 PM
Electrum for ease of use and beginners.
Armory if you need more security.
legendary
Activity: 1358
July 21, 2014, 01:26:24 PM
Electrum is the lighter client.
Beginners are advised to use Electrum,
Activity: 672
Merit: 504
a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub
July 21, 2014, 12:42:15 PM
I'm looking for a non-hosted wallet, and I've narrowed down my choices to Armory or Electrum, since I don't have the resources to support Bitcoin Core, and MultiBit has some bugs that aren't preferred for what I'm doing.

I suspect you already have a good feel for the basic differences between wallet choices, but if not, this link might help: http://gurnec.github.io/btc-wallet-comparison/
Activity: 868
July 21, 2014, 12:38:25 PM
I'm looking for a non-hosted wallet, and I've narrowed down my choices to Armory or Electrum, since I don't have the resources to support Bitcoin Core, and MultiBit has some bugs that aren't preferred for what I'm doing.

So which one would you choose to hold your Bitcoin? Armory or Electrum?

Also let's say I have an nondescript number of Bitcoin waiting to be moved, for this we'll say 3BTC.

I prefer Electrum because it is not only a deterministic wallet (meaning that I can backup the private keys of all my generated addresses and future addresses by just writing down the seed) but it is also a SPV client (very easy to use). Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
July 21, 2014, 12:10:06 PM
If you need a client for regular transactions then I will recommend electrum wallet, because In Armory you have to download whole blockchain, unless you want to run offline armory.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
July 21, 2014, 12:05:17 PM

So which one would you choose to hold your Bitcoin? Armory or Electrum?

Also let's say I have an nondescript number of Bitcoin waiting to be moved, for this we'll say 3BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: