Pages:
Author

Topic: Armory states not to be online and does nothing to change this - page 2. (Read 403 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 4
I tried the option with the config file. That doesn't work, since Armory and Bitcoin Core are crashing without error message during start of Armory.

Maybe I made sth. wrong:
Do I have to write "D:\Blockchain" or "D:\Blockchain\blocks"?
Do I have to put this file into the directory of Armory or into the corresponding AppData folder from Windows?
Is it neccessary not having Bitcoin Core running while Armory runs?
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
There are examples. At least examples of everything you need:

Code:
satoshi-datadir="/custom/blockchain/path"
dbdir="custom/database/path"

If your blockchain is stored in D:/Blockchain, then put this into the config file:
Code:
satoshi-datadir="D:/Blockchain"

Pasting this one line into the config file is everything you need to do.

Another option would be to start armory with the startup parameter --satoshi-datadir
So it would look like this when stating from command line:

Code:
armory --satoshi-datadir="D:/Blockchain"
I don't understand the statements of that website. Sad Having at least an example conf file in the directory would be helpfull. Need the better options of the upcoming version as soon as possible!
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
If Armory is not able to find the blockchain within its non-default location there should be an easy to use configuration option. The options offered by the gui simply don't work. Sad

The link provided by you also is just confusing.

The debug window states: "D:\Blockchain"

There's a better GUI option in the upcoming version. For now the best way for pathing is to use config files: https://btcarmory.com/docs/pathing
If Armory is not able to find the blockchain within its non-default location there should be an easy to use configuration option. The options offered by the gui simply don't work. Sad

The link provided by you also is just confusing.

The debug window states: "D:\Blockchain"
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
I use the portable version of Bitcoin Core. The blockchain is fully synced.
Huh

You mean you're just running the bitcoin-qt.exe (or bitcoind.exe) and haven't used the windows installer?

If so, there is a chance that Bitcoin Core is NOT using the "default" location for the blocks database... If you run Bitcoin Core, what does it show in the "Help -> Debug Window -> Information" tab where it says "Datadir"?

It's likely that you'll need to specify this path explicitly when running Armory (using Armory.conf or commandline arguments), so that it can find the blocks folder: https://btcarmory.com/docs/pathing

Also, you'll need to setup Bitcoin Core so that it allows "incoming connections"... otherwise Armory probably won't be able to connect to your local node.

If none of this works, you'll need to post your Armory logs so we can get a better idea of why Armory is not finding your Bitcoin data directory.
Thanks for the hint, but I want to use Armory.

I use the portable version of Bitcoin Core. The blockchain is fully synced.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
As HCP has mentioned, to properly use armory you'll need to have core downloaded and fully synced.

But you don't need core if you only want to access/move your coins. You can simply open armory, export the private keys and import them into another wallet (e.g. a ligtweight client: electrum).

To export the private keys, start armory -> click 'Backup this wallet' -> 'Export key list' -> Then tick 'Private key (Plain Base 58)'.

In electrum: Create a new wallet -> 'Import Bitcoin addresses or private keys' -> Paste the private keys.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
Have you installed (and fully synced) Bitcoin Core? https://bitcoincore.org/

Also, where did you get the "Armory zip" from? Is it version 0.96.4 and did you download it from here: https://btcarmory.com/ ? Huh

If you don't have Bitcoin Core installed (and fully synced), Armory will not be able to go "online"... as there won't be a local Bitcoin Core node to connect to!
I downloaded the Armory zip under Win 10 recently and recreated my wallet from the paper backup. But Armory states me it is offline and doesn't do any effort to prepare the database or anything like this. So my question is, what else do I have to do?
Pages:
Jump to: