Pages:
Author

Topic: Armory, two problems (online and scanning transactions history) - page 2. (Read 224 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 4
EDIT,
Maybe/seems like I've goen over my head a bit here. In worst case senario, so I am able to transfer those $30 to another wallet? Obvisly I have the recieve-adress from Armory left.
Yes, as long as the address is either SegWit or Legacy, you'll be able to export it to other wallets.
Here's a tutorial by HCP on how to export the key(s): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.43255691
Then you can import it to a wallet that has "import" feature.
But I'd suggest to use that as the last resort.

On the other hand, what version of Armory are you using?
You should be using the latest version 0.96.5.

It doesn't seem to have.

My Armory version is 0.96.5-beta-8730390989

Any thoughts on post #3? No rush, when you've got the time. Invaluable help.

Kind regards,
Martin
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 5297
Self-proclaimed Genius
EDIT,
Maybe/seems like I've goen over my head a bit here. In worst case senario, so I am able to transfer those $30 to another wallet? Obvisly I have the recieve-adress from Armory left.
Yes, as long as the address is either SegWit or Legacy, you'll be able to export it to other wallets.
Here's a tutorial by HCP on how to export the key(s): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.43255691
Then you can import it to a wallet that has "import" feature.
But I'd suggest to use that as the last resort.

On the other hand, what version of Armory are you using?
You should be using the latest version 0.96.5.
Here is its, doesn't look good:  Embarrassed

(ERROR) ArmoryUtils.pyc:3735 - Unsupported language  specified. Defaulting to English (en)
(ERROR) BDM.pyc:268 - setSatoshiDir: directory does not exist: C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin [This do exist, Appdata shows as hidden though]
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:1862 - Failed to setup SDM
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 1857, in startBitcoindIfNecessary
  File "SDM.pyc", line 190, in setupSDM
BitcoindError: bitcoind not found
(ERROR) BDM.pyc:268 - setSatoshiDir: directory does not exist: C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin [Same here]
(WARNING) SDM.pyc:402 - Spawning DB with command: C:\Program Files (x86)\Armory\ArmoryDB.exe --db-type="DB_FULL" --cookie --satoshi-port=8333 --datadir="C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Roaming\Armory\" --dbdir="C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Roaming\Armory\databases"
(ERROR) BDM.pyc:197 - DB error: C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Roaming/Bitcoin/blocks is not a valid path

Please let me know if I'm sharing any sensitive information

For Armory I just did a test-transaction ~$30 US.

Should we take it from where I've posted the logs?

Thanks so far.

EDIT,
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 5297
Self-proclaimed Genius
Can anyone help a n00b with this?
As per usual, you should share armorylog.txt from Armory's data directory.

1) My first problem is that Armory is still offline, how do I get it online?
Without the logs, try to use the usual troubleshooting for "offline" issues: Armory might be looking at the wrong satoshi directory (bitcoin's data directory).
This happens when you set a non-default data directory in bitcoin core and didn't set Armory to find that directory.
You can set it in the "File->Settings->Blockchain and Database Paths", under "Bitcoin Home Dir".

Quote from: deliciousdelux
2) My second problem is that Armory "Scanning Transaction History" hasnt began yet.
If it's offline, it won't be able to scan for transaction history.

Quote from: deliciousdelux
3) My third problem is that I made a test transaction, that I wasn't supposed to do due to the warnings signs that Armory might not get online.
You have the option to export the private keys but since you already got the full blockchain, you might want to finish setting-up Armory instead of importing the keys to a less secure/private client.
Hi,

My first post here so please be gentle.  Smiley

I installed Armory and then BitCoin Core and waited 6-7 days for the blockchains to catch up. Done.

1) My first problem is that Armory is still offline, how do I get it online?

2) My second problem is that Armory "Scanning Transaction History" hasnt began yet.

3) My third problem is that I made a test transaction, that I wasn't supposed to do due to the warnings signs that Armory might not get online.

Can anyone help a n00b with this?

I've googled and watched tutorials but none of them seem to help me.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Kind regards,
Martin, Sweden
Pages:
Jump to: