Pages:
Author

Topic: Armory Wallet, with Bitcoin Depot issues - deposit is lost? - page 2. (Read 408 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 5
Bitcoin Core is running, it says 1.84% 20 hours estimated time until synched. 

It is just coincidental reading that led me to install Bitcoin Core. 

Does that mean that a faster internet connection will synch faster?   What happens if the internet goes out or a power loss?

I am a technical user. 
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
If it comes to Bitcoin's performance regarding speed of transaction, your "Deposit" was already "there" 24 Hours ago.
The problem is your client's synchronization which will take time depending on different (PC specs.) factors, that's why Armory isn't the best choice for newcomers and non-technical users.
The best move is to export the funded address' private key from Armory then import it to Electrum.

One quick FYI: Bitcoin is a decentralized network, meaning, there's no central authority, no central server or mediator in transactions, there's no one liable on any mishandling.
On the other hand, Armory is not officially a part of Bitcoin, it is just an open-source client just like Electrum, Mycelium, etc.

But just relax, as long as you have the ROOT Key, you still have full control of your funds.

If you want to contact the main Developer of Armory (for technical inquiries), here's the link to his profile: goatpig, Github Page contributors.
Version 0.96 only worked in offline mode so the upgrade did not work.   One the Windows 7 Kernel Desktop Armory will not run at all now.  

Changing any of the Armory installation on the laptop might cans subsequent installs to work improperly.   This looks like a terribly buggy program.  Not sure why anyone anywhere would recommend this for a wallet.   No technical support either.  It's a really awful situation.

So the laptop needs to be on and connected to the net?  This laptop with the armory installation is offline all the time.  How long is it going to take before the bitcoin shows up?   If it is going to take too long to show up, it may just be easier to file a Police Report against the "Armory" url, and the FTC and be done with this.  No bitcoin by tomorrow, there is a local police Sargent that deals with bitcoin, that's easier than waiting.

Far too much time wasted just for one small transaction.   Or maybe the parts of the bitcoin system need to be shut down?   Maybe the other cyber currencies are better?  Maybe a letter to congress or something?    A bitcoin atm is  the most time consuming and least beneficial way to lose $93 imaginable.   Much better to give the money to a homeless person or friend or just someone walking down the street.   Then you loose your $93.00 and it goes to a better cause or even to a bad cause but still does not waste your time after you have given the money away.
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
The version that you're using was already outdated, in fact, the site (www.bitcoinarmory.com) has a link to the new official website.
I know a hardware wallet is better but I just wanted to try Bitcoin if for only one transaction.
An alternative (req. a full-node) client like Armory isn't the best choice then, just extract the address' Private key and Import it to Electrum (Electrum.org).
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
The wallet appears to be connected and synchronized.   It says Conneccted (119873 blocks) with 0 spendable funds.

That actually shows at which block your Armory is synchronized if I'm not wrong. The latest block is 560,000+ so you still have a long way to go before your Armory is fully synchronized. If you don't want to do this, then you should use an SPV client like Electrum.

How can I tell if it is synchronizing?   Cash is immediate with banks and normally currency exchanges do not take very long.

It's a bit of hassle but you can check the block height online and compare it to your connection status. If it shows offline then it means your wallet is not connected, but if it shows "Connected (xxxx blocks)" it means it's synchronizing. The funds are actually already on your address, but your wallet is not yet detecting it because it needs to download the entire blockchain (it's a full node). If you use SPV like Electrum, you should be able to access it as soon as the transaction is confirmed.

How many days does it take for cash to show up in a wallet?    This Armory software is very touchy, it will not even open on an other Windows 7 based computer.     I know a hardware wallet is better but I just wanted to try Bitcoin if for only one transaction.

Why did you choose Armory in the first place? Any full node requires you to download the entire blockchain, which could take days, weeks, depending on the speed of your connection. I suggest you use SPV client if you just want to try Bitcoin transaction or something similar.
The wallet appears to be connected and synchronized.   It says Conneccted (119873 blocks) with 0 spendable funds.

How to tell if it is synchronizing?   Cash is immediate with banks and normally currency exchanges do not take very long.

How many days does it take for cash to show up in a wallet?    This Armory software is very touchy, it will not even open on an other Windows 7 based computer.     A hardware wallet is supposedly better but I just wanted to try Bitcoin if for only one transaction without purchasing an expensive hardware wallet.

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Does anyone recommend reporting the possible theft of these funds to to a law enforcement agency?  FTC? FBI?
Lol, no, please stay calm Cheesy

Armory requires to download the full Blockchain, 200+ GB. My guess is your wallet is still synchronizing, and your funds probably will show up when it's done.
If you enter your Bitcoin address in a block explorer, you'll see your funds are on your address.
Bitcoin Client Software and Version number:  Armory v 0.95.1
Operating System:  Windows 7 Professional SP1 with all current Windows Updates Installed
System Hardware specs:  Intel Core I5-3320M at 2.6GHz with 16mb memory and 320gb hard disk AMD Radeon HD7500/7600M
Bitcoin received in system but not in wallet
2c411715fb and af73e5187c
19V9RMaFe5Pj9mT5qCk9o3sugYietNA42S

Two bitcoin transactions from the Bitcoin depot one for $73.00 and another for $20.00 both transactions occurred on 1/27/2019.   Bitcoin Depot says that the funds are in the wallet.

After much difficulty Amory wallet version 0.95.1-beta-374627b751 was installed and online on an up to date Windows 7 computer.    Previously there were issues where Armory remained offline.  This was resolved by downgrading to v0.95.1 and/or installing bitcoin core.
The wallet is online but no funds are in the wallet, and Bitcoin Depot says the funds are deposited.

Armory has no phone number and their email address "[email protected]" returns as "unknown address."  

Is there another way to contact the armory site?    A website dns lookup for https://www.bitcoinarmory.com found a name "Alan" and a phone number with a 703 area code (virginia).

Does anyone recommend reporting the possible theft of these funds to to a law enforcement agency?  FTC? FBI?  

My cash deposited funds are not in the wallet.  

Please show me how to retrieve my funds so that I can complete my transaction.  

The log file is too long to post, it exceeds the maximum characters and will eat up bandwidthhttp://[img][img][img][img][img][/img][/img][/img][/img][/img].  Is there any way to post the log file as an attachment?

Pages:
Jump to: