Pages:
Author

Topic: Arrow Glacier upgrade / ETH minable till June 2022 / difficulty bomb delaying - page 2. (Read 319 times)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
If this happens a new ethereum classic will spin of the hardfork. GPU miners will probobly sell all ethereum, because they tend to back the coins they make money on. Moving from POW to POS has always failed. There are a number of coins that have collapsed aftwer moving to POS...

I never invested in pos, defi or token coins, in my entire life I only invested in proof of work coins, to me anything else is just scam. As soon as eth go to proof of stake, i will not invest on it anymore. I do have principles in that regard.
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
If this happens a new ethereum classic will spin of the hardfork. GPU miners will probobly sell all ethereum, because they tend to back the coins they make money on. Moving from POW to POS has always failed. There are a number of coins that have collapsed aftwer moving to POS...
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
I dont believe this bs but anybody who think of buying gpus for mining must pay attention to this. I think this is a message to miners --> buy eth, dont buy gpus to mine eth. I suppose manipulators want to increase eth value a lot coming months by inducing hype anyway they can, so I guess the bullrun is not over yet, will have a last bulltrap, investors are smarter than in 2018, they are buying only few coins, they are not buying everything like they did in 2018. However they love rising altcoins in order to sell 20x more than they bought easily and with that money to pump those few coins. Anyway, in theory even if you buy gpus right now for mining, 6 months down the line plus the bulltrap that is coming, you can easily roi if you sell at whatever top coins will hit but selling at top is very hard and that top will last for few minutes at best, gambling right now is hard, only invest what you are willing to lose and that loss could go as much as 99.99% in minutes. Anyway, I would not buy anything right now, if you have gpus keep mining and if you have eth, keep it for now. For all we know this could be a huge trap and btc at 69k was the top.
Activity: 375
Merit: 15
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
Sounds like very soon ETH mining won't be the most profitable and later the PoW algorithm will be gone but not for good cos I still believe that ETH is better off with its pow algorithm instead of PoS but we will see how things will go I'm just hoping that other coins will be able to keep up
Activity: 1498
Merit: 597
At Ethereum block height 13,773,000 the network will implement the Arrow Glacier upgrade which aims to postpone Ethereum’s Difficulty Bomb.
The Arrow Glacier network upgrade will go into effect around 10 December, delaying the “difficulty bomb”, an increase in mining difficulty, until June 2022 as the blockchain transitions from proof-of-work (PoW) mining to PoS.
The Difficulty Bomb was supposed to happen 4,000,000 blocks or 611 days after the Muir Glacier network upgrade. However, Arrow Glacier will push the bomb back further to June 2022. This will give ethereum PoW miners another six months to continue mining the Ethereum blockchain until the June 2022 change. Once the Difficulty Bomb does happen the mining difficulty will make it so PoW miners get phased out because it will be too difficult.
Pages:
Jump to: