Pages:
Author

Topic: Art Exhibit Of Michael Brown’s Lifeless Body Opens in Chicago - page 2. (Read 634 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Not sure they got those pants low enough.

I wonder if the artist put Swisher Sweets next to him on the ground?
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
                                                  http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--SXsTqPf5--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/1342124259499766954.png

In Chicago, a new art exhibit will feature a life-size installation of Michael Brown’s corpse lying face down on the floor surrounded by police caution tape.

The exhibit, according to WGN, at Gallery Guichard is called “Confronting Truths: Wake Up!” and includes the Brown work by New Orleans-based artist Ti-Rock Moore. Moore, a white woman, says the work represents “white privilege in America and how it negatively affects the black community now and has for generations.”

Read Here

White privilege didn't kill Brown, his upbringing and environment probably had more to do with it than anything else. All this is doing is stirring up emotions and instilling the thought that blacks are getting the short end of the stick and paying for it with their lives and it's all because of the white man.

This exhibit is tasteless, incendiary, and even Brown's parents are against it, although I don't know the exact reasons why.
Pages:
Jump to: