Pages:
Author

Topic: Art of quitting !!!! - page 5. (Read 647 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
April 02, 2019, 08:42:59 AM
it depends on whether you are actually quitting or exiting. and also it depends on what is it you are quitting, is it bitcoin or an altcoin or something else? i am going to assume it is bitcoin:
to quit, there is no strategy. you just sell and say bye bye to bitcoin.
to exit, you usually want to sell at a price that you know is a bubble or is a mini bubble or basically anything that is going to be followed by a correction during rises.

for example today where price went up fast, it was a good time to sell but you had to sell at $5000 or anywhere near it and then buy back again when the market calmed down around $4650 to $4750.
which means 25% profit on the rise and buy back of same amount or more with the profit at 5-7% after the correction.
Activity: 364
Merit: 127
April 02, 2019, 08:39:39 AM

That not what OP meant, you didn't have to google search the meaning of "quit". Art of Quitting is a strategy of knowing when to stop to reduce a loss in profit or income.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 588
April 02, 2019, 08:12:29 AM
Lets discuss about Art of Quitting . Entering any market or business is required lots of research , dedication as well as patience . I think its also applies for Quitting . Based on some research people successfully gained money in Crypto market or any other trading Market  They know the skill Art of Quitting . Could some experience people can give their Strategy about Exiting market in Right time .

I cannot classify that strategy as quiting. They just know when and how to take and entry or to take out their entries and that is how they gain advantage to crypto market. Because if that is being classified as quitting there might be no coming back in the market

Quit = "leave (a place), usually permanently."

https://www.google.com/search?q=quit&rlz=1C1CHBF_enPH837PH837&oq=quit&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61j0l4.1479j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
April 02, 2019, 08:02:03 AM
The trick is, you need to have a target price or a target net worth.

If you don't have either one of these, you'll get trapped in the markets forever and never able to get out. This is because it can always go higher for better profits and it can also go always lower so you can accumulate more.

There is no end to this.

Set a target price/net worth and get out when you accomplish your goals.

Making money is fun but there are other things in life too.
Activity: 364
Merit: 127
April 02, 2019, 07:57:13 AM
From my understanding of the art of quitting means that knowing when to quit in trading even though the potential profit might grow. It's like the market is good but you are afraid that it might fall down in a couple of hours and decided to stop the process of trading.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 117
April 02, 2019, 07:51:52 AM
I think knowing when to quit is important in a lot of area of life and not only when we are talking about investment. When something goes wrong and you know you can't achieve it quiting is probably the best option for you but the problem is most people have learned to never quit so they go on and end up failing. People have this bad mentality that they should never quit but that's wrong.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 357
April 02, 2019, 07:39:41 AM
Lets discuss about Art of Quitting . Entering any market or business is required lots of research , dedication as well as patience . I think its also applies for Quitting . Based on some research people successfully gained money in Crypto market or any other trading Market  They know the skill Art of Quitting . Could some experience people can give their Strategy about Exiting market in Right time .

Quitting means cutting your losses but not earning profit. Those who quit are usually panic sellers who bought on peak and too stressed to have it on hand. They quit not because they earned something but to avoid further losses on the price drop. Theres never a good thing in quitting so never quit.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
April 02, 2019, 07:32:55 AM
I purchased the Bitcoins when their price was *3 of what it is right now and the only reason I didn't sell the Bitcoins is because I had already lost a lot and I was unsure that it could go worse , therefore even now I have some Bitcoins in my wallet waiting for the bull run.
But I think the first red flag should be decrease in value by 20% that's when you are already loosing and when it's less than 50% of it's value the exit strategy should depend on the amount of money that you have invested.
Generally if it's more than 500$ then the loss percentage is countable and then also you need to see how much of this loss is valuable to you , if you are willing to loose that amount then I think you should wait a little maybe you get lucky.
This is entirely dependent on your income , your amount of investment and your choice.
It's different for everyone, thus I think it's purely a personal matter no one can give you any advice about it.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
April 02, 2019, 07:19:44 AM
i wouldn't call it "quitting". it is more like taking profit out. of course this is only concerning when you are making an investment and care about nothing else.

to take profit you have to have set a target for yourself. this target is set based on things such as the profit you want to take, the market state, the asset you have bought, the potential of that asset, and a dozen other things depending on what you have invested in.
for example in an altcoin that is getting pumped, that target for me depends on how much power that pump has, how much hype is circulating in the media about it and also about how much volume i see going into that pump. then i try to speculate a top and dump my altcion a little below that target because i don't want to be late.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
April 02, 2019, 06:40:48 AM
Not sure if I'm qualified to answer this question, but just like with buying in whereas you should have a sort of target buy price, you should also have a target sell price. I think you should simply set a price goal whereas you set your sell offer, instead of trying to sell at the very top, because it's going to be very difficult to guess the price roof.

I think you should move this to the Trading Discussion subforum though.
Activity: 910
Merit: 252
April 02, 2019, 05:54:10 AM
Pages:
Jump to: