Pages:
Author

Topic: Article claims bitcoin mixers are no longer safe - page 2. (Read 323 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 281
It's been known for some time that bitcoins can be tracked even with the use of mixers. Perhaps the mixers add some complication for investigators, but they exhibit detectable patterns. I'd assume all bitcoin transactions are potentially trackable.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I came accross this article https://news.bitcoin.com/dont-trust-bitcoin-mixers-and-other-opsec-lessons-from-the-darknet/?omhide=true&utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Coin+360+Provides+Color-Based+Crypto+Market+Data&utm_campaign=email-May+7%2C+2019+Daily+Newsletter

Not sure if this info is already known or not but I am interested in hearing peoples opinion on the claims that bitcoin mixers are no longer safe. It lists a few specifics ones there. The main questions are

1. If this article is true, are there any mixers that work differently than the ones mentioned in this article?

2. Would using 2 mixers help? For example sending the coins to a wallet using a mixer, then sending the coins somewhere else again using a different mixer to another wallet.  So if one mixer is compromised, at lest you have the other to fall back on.

3. Article states blockcahin analysis  was used to track the bitcoins. Therefore making mixing completely useless since software and tools can now defeat them.

Pages:
Jump to: