Pages:
Author

Topic: As of the latest diff change.... WHERE DID ALL THE HASHRATE COME FROM?!?!?! - page 2. (Read 2320 times)

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Thanks for the insight =) I hope ur right! =)
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Seriously the blocks have been flying since diff change, 10-12% increase projected & nonstop?! This isnt just variance, its outright slaughter.
I thought AM was fucking halted for the time being
Bitmain hasnt been doing anything or planned anything that I know of lately
spondoolies is sitting around twiddling there dicks

What 33PH just randomly came online?!

Im pissed & very confused lol!
I cant wait till sub $100 btc prices so all these megamines fucking go out of business.

Bitmain started shipping Batch 5 this week. That could be part of it. Antpool and Slush have also been extraordinarily lucky compared to their reported hashrate. The hashrate numbers you're referring to likely are derived from the number of blocks solved over a certain period of time - that doesn't mean the hashrate actually increased, it could be luck.

For example, look at the spike in hashrate from March 10-12 on the following chart - the network wasn't 400 Ph/s then, and it probably isn't now. But unlike then, there is almost certainly some increase coming from Bitmain's shipments.

http://www.coinwarz.com/network-hashrate-charts/bitcoin-network-hashrate-chart

It should be easy to estimate at least somewhat how much is due to luck. Antpool reports its hashrate, so it is fairly easy to calculate how many blocks it should have solved and compare it to how many it actually solved. For this difficulty period, we've solved 45 blocks more than would be expected if hashrate were stable. (See https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qmF2knc5rSrJLESgQJYBz8mPzpKihmSzPPQUGH7pT8g/edit#gid=561061211)

I don't have time to run the numbers now, but I'd be surprised if less than half of those extra blocks were due to luck from Antpool and Slush alone. bw.com has been lucky as well, and from what I can tell no major pool has been unlucky. f2pool stopped reporting their hashrate (or I can't find it), but they're solving blocks at about the rate they were before.

Edit: That said, the luck happened, and it would take an equal amount of bad luck to reverse it, which obviously isn't guaranteed. That's why right now it looks like the increase will be 7-8%, but the round is early so the confidence in that prediction isn't that high.
legendary
Bitmain is shipping upwards of 30PH per fucking BATCH?!?!?!?!?!?!? thats madness...
jmumich I get what ur saying about variability, I realize that could be a factor, but this has been sustained since diff increase, which is really rare for variability =P
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Seriously the blocks have been flying since diff change, 10-12% increase projected & nonstop?! This isnt just variance, its outright slaughter.

I cant wait till sub $100 btc prices so all these megamines fucking go out of business.

Bitmain started shipping Batch 5 this week. That could be part of it. Antpool and Slush have also been extraordinarily lucky compared to their reported hashrate. The hashrate numbers you're referring to likely are derived from the number of blocks solved over a certain period of time - that doesn't mean the hashrate actually increased, it could be luck.

For example, look at the spike in hashrate from March 10-12 on the following chart - the network wasn't 400 Ph/s then, and it probably isn't now. But unlike then, there is almost certainly some increase coming from Bitmain's shipments.

http://www.coinwarz.com/network-hashrate-charts/bitcoin-network-hashrate-chart
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
The only hardware we know is a batch of S5's.  But they shipped now. 

So whoever it is I don't believe has made a announcement.  There is lot's of speculation but no real info yet.
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: