Pages:
Author

Topic: ashton kutcher talks about bitcoin, again - page 2. (Read 2323 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
It's nice though that someone famous talks about bitcoin, I've seen his tweets retweeted about his bitcoin related tweets. So he has sparked some wondering of bitcoin to some of his fanbase.

Any celeb mentioning it is good and especially great exposure on Twitter and Facebook etc.Each time it's posted it has the potential to reach millions and will at least peak the interest of a lot of people at least.
It really needs to be more then them just mentioning it. It needs to be more of an endorsement.

The MSM has reported on bitcoin enough so that most people at least know somewhat about bitcoin or at least have heard of it, which is what a celb mentioning it would accomplish.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
Why should i care more about what this retard says than what my neighbor or brother thinks about bitcoin ?

Not like he knows more than anybody...

Fuck this pretentious fuck.
Activity: 252
put money in bitcoin and physical silver
thats my bets in the next 5-10 year horizon
Activity: 756
It's nice though that someone famous talks about bitcoin, I've seen his tweets retweeted about his bitcoin related tweets. So he has sparked some wondering of bitcoin to some of his fanbase.

Any celeb mentioning it is good and especially great exposure on Twitter and Facebook etc.Each time it's posted it has the potential to reach millions and will at least peak the interest of a lot of people at least.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Activity: 756
Kutcher responded to the interesting question: “What are some smart ways I can put $25 to work for me?” in which he, among other things, suggested the poster buy bitcoin.

He writes:

I would deploy a barbell strategy. Go to stockpile.com and buy fractional shares in blue chip stocks. Then buy bitcoin. Do this every other week for four weeks and on the fifth week buy a beer for someone you admire or gift someone either some bitcoin or fractional shares of stock. I’m a firm believer that generosity has a multiplying effect. Happiness, freedom, peace, and financial security are only sustained by sharing them with others.

Was with him up until the last bit. I'd keep that bear money for yourself and put that into bitcoin as well.

He talks about bitcoin because he invested a lot in BitPay.

And what's your point here? Most people who promote bitcoin have something invested in it including the majority of people here.
Activity: 342
Merit: 0
good endorsement
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
That's far more aggressive exposure to Bitcoin than I would ever recommend. Well, besides the fact that I am selling my house and buying more bitcoins but tell people to not be like me because I am crazy.
Activity: 406
This isn't exactly the most ringing endorsement, because by portraying bitcoin as the other side of the "barbell" against blue chip stocks, he's suggesting it's the hyperaggressive high risk portion of the barbell strategy. Probably pretty accurate advice, but the implication is probably not what people invested in bitcoin necessarily want to hear.
Bitcoin does have a very serious amount of risk. It is far from a sure thing that bitcoin will be viable 10 years from now. There are a number of things that could impede the sucess of bitcoin, namely the amount of regulation by government.
Activity: 342
He talks about bitcoin because he invested a lot in BitPay.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
This isn't exactly the most ringing endorsement, because by portraying bitcoin as the other side of the "barbell" against blue chip stocks, he's suggesting it's the hyperaggressive high risk portion of the barbell strategy. Probably pretty accurate advice, but the implication is probably not what people invested in bitcoin necessarily want to hear.

talking about bitcoin as a high risk is actually good and sound investment advice, afterall we dont want noobs buying bitcoin and then crying because their favorite actor said they should buy it, as if an actor is guaranteeing them compensation if they lose.

proper investors see this as a good thing, that they would weigh up the pro's and cons and make good investment decisions. bitcoin should not be thrown in the faces of people that have never day traded in their life, it should be approached with atleast a moderate amount of research.

this is why average joe is not ready for bitcoins, because bitcoin has not yet reaches the pivital point of daily use mainstream wise. throwing in life savings of a noob i would never recommend, but telling a noob to invest $25, to dip their toe in and learn about bitcoin i would fully endorse
Activity: 667
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
Kutcher responded to the interesting question: “What are some smart ways I can put $25 to work for me?” in which he, among other things, suggested the poster buy bitcoin.

He writes:

I would deploy a barbell strategy. Go to stockpile.com and buy fractional shares in blue chip stocks. Then buy bitcoin. Do this every other week for four weeks and on the fifth week buy a beer for someone you admire or gift someone either some bitcoin or fractional shares of stock. I’m a firm believer that generosity has a multiplying effect. Happiness, freedom, peace, and financial security are only sustained by sharing them with others.

source: http://www.quora.com/What-are-some-smart-ways-I-can-put-25-to-work-for-me/answer/Ashton-Kutcher?srid=AMq&share=1
Pages:
Jump to: