Pages:
Author

Topic: ASIC MINING - Newest hardware and the future - page 2. (Read 6050 times)

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
November 10, 2015, 02:51:08 AM
Am I missing something or no new hardware showed up? Undecided

Did you miss Antminer S7 batch 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ,6? 4-4.8TH/s@ 1000-1200w, Also the Avalon6 at 3~ths 0.3J/GH. And the Spoondoolies SP50 that are 110TH/s units.

And the B-Eleven - https://www.bw.com/pool/miner  14nm miner there... so I'm hoping good things but we don't know much yet as far as final products.

There is a LOT of new gear hitting the street's and data centers right now.  And with jump in price a lot of old gear got some extra life.

How legit are these guys....do they go under a different name in english and/or thru a 'distributor' ?

not like I'm gonna buy any ...but buying any new miners scrypt/sha-256 of any kind for mining is kinda like 'fantasy sports' for me now...I run the numbers and watch ..but don't play Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
November 09, 2015, 11:36:03 PM

Did you miss Antminer S7 batch 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ,6? 4-4.8TH/s@ 1000-1200w, Also the Avalon6 at 3~ths 0.3J/GH. And the Spoondoolies SP50 that are 110TH/s units.

And the B-Eleven - https://www.bw.com/pool/miner  14nm miner there... so I'm hoping good things but we don't know much yet as far as final products.

There is a LOT of new gear hitting the street's and data centers right now.  And with jump in price a lot of old gear got some extra life.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
November 09, 2015, 11:31:37 PM

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
November 09, 2015, 04:21:34 PM
legendary
September 17, 2015, 10:44:51 PM
Personally I believe there's going to be some more Acic companies coming out next year.  It seems like there were a ton then they all went bankrupt now they're coming back.

If new or old companies come back, Bitmain will just swat them down like they did last time with the S5. If you were hooked in at that time, you'll remember S5 being rushed, lower quality than S3's and sold to undercut all competitors. Then later on, they more or less fixed it and brought back the ability to down volt. But err yeah.

Bitmain has such a bit chunk that i'm pretty sure they will make sure to swat down any competitors that try to sell to the public.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
September 17, 2015, 09:26:45 PM
Personally I believe there's going to be some more Acic companies coming out next year.  It seems like there were a ton then they all went bankrupt now they're coming back.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
September 15, 2015, 03:51:21 AM
MBP is easy to guess - they're one of 2 rates, depending on if their actual mining location is in Chelan county or in Douglass county. US rates are (usually, and IIRC by law) PUBLIC - and neither of those counties are likely to negotiate a "lower" rate with a small company like MBP (for perspective, Alcoa has an ALUMINUM SMELTING plant in the area, THAT is a "big" power consumer).

I do agree that most of the "big farms" have been located in cheap power areas - though that "sale" in another thread by a certain Polish farm with at least some association with MBP indicates that at least one early farm didn't chase the cheap power well enough.
legendary
September 14, 2015, 04:54:16 PM

If you have very cheap electricity, home mining is fairly profitable. If you have high electricity cost (around 0.1/kWh). It's going to be hard, with the S7 being so expensive.

The very sad part for home miners is that 10 cent electric is NOT "high", it's actually a bit lower than average - at least in the USA.

It's not high from one American's perspective, but it's pretty high from a global perspective. Basically the biggest competitor is China, so that has to be the standard. Its hard to say exactly how much they pay because its heavily subsidized but it's probably a few cents, 3 or so cents per kWh or something like that. At this point i'm just scrapping/guessing from multiple unclear reports.

But that would make the 0.1/kWh of "American's not high", actually "Very High" from a global BTC mining perspective.

This seem like a pretty fair educatedish guess when you consider also here you can get electricity at 0.02-0.05/kWh.

We can only guess on the mega mining data centers.   It for sure is a lot less then 10 cents.  But they put in a ton of money in most cases to follow the cheap electricity.

I hope at some point a company opens up hosting in a place where under 5 cents is normal.  One that is built for hobby miners to send equipment to.   But I think that will be looked into more after having. 
legendary
September 14, 2015, 01:42:22 PM

If you have very cheap electricity, home mining is fairly profitable. If you have high electricity cost (around 0.1/kWh). It's going to be hard, with the S7 being so expensive.

The very sad part for home miners is that 10 cent electric is NOT "high", it's actually a bit lower than average - at least in the USA.

It's not high from one American's perspective, but it's pretty high from a global perspective. Basically the biggest competitor is China, so that has to be the standard. Its hard to say exactly how much they pay because its heavily subsidized but it's probably a few cents, 3 or so cents per kWh or something like that. At this point i'm just scrapping/guessing from multiple unclear reports.

But that would make the 0.1/kWh of "American's not high", actually "Very High" from a global BTC mining perspective.

This seem like a pretty fair educatedish guess when you consider also here you can get electricity at 0.02-0.05/kWh.
legendary
September 14, 2015, 06:05:13 AM

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
September 13, 2015, 08:02:14 PM
Bitmain already launched their new equipment. Bitmain and its dependent Hashsnest, are the most reliable mining hardware company in the industry!
legendary
September 13, 2015, 01:14:47 PM
Home mining is dead. Deal with it!

Maybe for you, but that's just not the truth. People that have cheap electricity are and will still do wonderfully with S5's. And probably the S7 when the price comes down to Earth.

with legitc loud like hashnet everyone can do profit , the problem is the very long roi, which is also true if you work with your own hardware

i mean the long roi put you kind off, because with the instability of bitcoin, you never know how it will end in 5-7-11 months...

Absolutely correct, but your returns are much faster, your risk much lower, when your expenses to keep them running is less than half the hosting fee of Hashnest or such. (Typically 0.08$/kWh i believe?)
legendary
September 13, 2015, 05:52:11 AM

Home mining is only dead in places with non-cheap electricity, or for folks that insist on actually making money at it.

The only big change is that the classification of "non-cheap" has gotten somewhat narrower in the last year.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
September 13, 2015, 03:27:11 AM

Maybe for you, but that's just not the truth. People that have cheap electricity are and will still do wonderfully with S5's. And probably the S7 when the price comes down to Earth.

with legit cloud like hashnet everyone can do profit , the problem is the very long roi, which is also true if you work with your own hardware

i mean the long roi put you kind off, because with the instability of bitcoin, you never know how it will end in 5-7-11 months...
legendary
September 12, 2015, 06:28:15 PM

Activity: 462
September 12, 2015, 03:39:33 PM
legendary
September 10, 2015, 08:42:17 AM
Part of it is about what you enjoy.  For example mining is a passion for me.  I truly enjoy it.  So I will keep on doing it.

I can see why not everyone does it.  But for many it works.

When it comes to passion you don't care how much you spend right? Cheesy

Yes and no.  I care overall as I don't want to lose a fortune on it.   If you did it wrong you could lose a lot and it would not make much sense.   

But will I always be mining... most likely yes.   I see it as a fun hobby, hobby's cost money.  So if I made a mistake I can chalk it up to that and not feel so bad.   But I do try to always ROI.  That is part of the fun.
Activity: 350
September 10, 2015, 08:36:36 AM
Part of it is about what you enjoy.  For example mining is a passion for me.  I truly enjoy it.  So I will keep on doing it.

When it comes to passion you don't care how much you spend right? Cheesy
legendary
September 09, 2015, 11:55:10 AM
I think more profitable trading than mining. I am sorry  if i am wrong  Grin

Your answer is generic. Low experienced traders tend to lose money instead of making them, moreover we have many types of trading, like many types of mining. Homemade rigs are long gone, it's almost impossible to make ROI with Bitcoin volatility and increasing difficulty.
My advice: if you are a "home miner", try something else. If you are determined to open a new farm, do your maths carefully, you could waste a lot of money.

I agree, but:

It's not all about the BTCBTCBTCTongue

If you can utilize the heat, home mining isn't that bad!
Beats a http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/8123-lyf16L._SL1500_.jpg anyday!  Wink

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
September 09, 2015, 11:10:29 AM
I think more profitable trading than mining. I am sorry  if i am wrong  Grin

Your answer is generic. Low experienced traders tend to lose money instead of making them, moreover we have many types of trading, like many types of mining. Homemade rigs are long gone, it's almost impossible to make ROI with Bitcoin volatility and increasing difficulty.
My advice: if you are a "home miner", try something else. If you are determined to open a new farm, do your maths carefully, you could waste a lot of money.

I agree, but:

It's not all about the BTCBTCBTCTongue

If you can utilize the heat, home mining isn't that bad!
Beats a http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/8123-lyf16L._SL1500_.jpg anyday!  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: