Pages:
Author

Topic: Asics + 4G internet / Is this working? - page 2. (Read 453 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
August 28, 2021, 07:27:00 AM
I can answer because I only use the shared connection from 4G via my Iphone.
its works perfectly

I connect my Ubuntu server via WIFI ( 4G shared) and I share this connection via ethernet to a ethernet switch. From here RJ45 to my ASICs. Works very well h24. the iphone stays here always reloading battery.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
August 27, 2021, 06:57:01 AM
BTW with a 5G instead of 4G, would latency be better? (I know it's a noob question, but I usually got internet with fiber or wired phone)

In theory, it should be an order of magnitude better, although mining doesn't require that super-low latency, 4G as is pretty solid and has an average latency below 70ms according to my own experience, and mind you, the infrastructure here is not the best, so I doubt you will have any issues mining over 4G in terms of latency, your issue will be the bandwidth consumption, if you have a few gears that will be doable, if not, you have some issues.

To solve that you could use a mining proxy, but I have yet to find a stable proxy that I can trust with a few PH worths of hashrate, so that could be an issue.
Activity: 26
Merit: 35
August 26, 2021, 09:39:54 AM
I've been mining with 9x Antminer S9 inside a Windmill for about a year now using 4G.
Its working pretty good. Haven't really had any problems with shares being transmitted too late or anything.
I can't tell you though how good this scales as I haven't tried with more than 9 devices simultaneously.
I will expand this operation later this year though and if I encounter any problems I will let you know!
Activity: 4
Merit: 4
August 25, 2021, 07:38:27 AM
Depends on your location and the quality of the 4g/5g network.
If were talking about a good quality network and you have good reception theres no reason you cant do it.

Latency is not an inherent problem with 4g/5g or really any network technology thats used but it can be a local issue.
You could check network uptime stats if theyre available but really the only way to know for sure is to try it out.
Activity: 41
Merit: 2
August 25, 2021, 06:24:08 AM
Yes this was my point, I'm not sure latency will work.
BTW with a 5G instead of 4G, would latency be better? (I know it's a noob question, but I usually got internet with fiber or wired phone)
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
August 24, 2021, 05:32:09 PM
Latency is probably the biggest issue here, but I would love to hear from anyone doing this with a commercial grade 4g modem/router like a Cradlepoint.   Not a cell phone, or consumer grade "hot spot".
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 2904
Block halving is coming.
August 24, 2021, 10:22:50 AM
If it has stable internet then you can but you will need some device to connect your ASIC with wifi

And I think it also depends on how many ASIC machines you have?

Why not buy a modem instead? A modem that can support a sim card network? Then directly connect all your miner if you have more than 4 miners then you would need a router with more slots.
Activity: 41
Merit: 2
August 24, 2021, 09:26:52 AM
Hi guys,

Have you guys ever try to mine with couple of asics connected to the Internet via 4G phone network.

Is it reliable long term or some issues are to be expected and this is not a viable option?

Many thanks for your feedbacks.

Larson311
Pages:
Jump to: