Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICs any proof they are coming for ANY of the companies? - page 3. (Read 9148 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
BFL has shown production boards (though has yet to show that they actually work). They are so far the only company to show a physical product.

Though all three companies, Avalon, btcfpga, and bfl have all had past products in the fpga market so it is reasonable to assume they are not scams (I hope).

I threw some cash at "BTCFPGA" but ignored the other two, purely because BTCFPGA allowed the use of a credit card.
Any no show would be wire fraud, plus the CC company cover for non-delivery.
The other two have managed to convince me I'd rather not take the risk until they have at-least one device out in the public, basically because they are black hole financing, with ZERO chance to recover funds if something goes wrong.

um, I bought my BFL SC with Paypal...with my credit card.

I had also considered that, but
 you paid an extra 5% and you will NOT be covered by the credit-card insurance.
The responsibility is then.... "you"-"paypal"-"BFL"  as opposed to  "You"-"Credit Card company"-"BFL", and I can tell you now that Paypal does not take kindly to credit card reversals against a paypal account.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Uh no. Not likely to happen this month either. MAYBE next month...if you're not naughty...but nice. Cheesy
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
I haven't logged in before today in a while.  Last I remember was that BFL ASICs were coming out last month.  Did that ever happen?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
asic companies are poisoning cats.
I fucking hate cats.

I actually decided against investing with ASICMINER in the end because of the project leader's forum name.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032
If the ASICs turn out to be a scam, the scam side here will be all over the forum with "I told you so"s.

I wonder what will they say if the ASICs don't turn out to be a scam? As I don't think anyone from the asic side were 100% sure, so can't say I told you so.

Bitcoin is like a variation of Schrödinger's Cat. Everything about it is both scam and fully legit at the same time until you open the box.

Where x is do they exist and psi is do you get your money back, solve for both in

and wait for the ponzi-wave function to collapse. It depends on when in scam-space-time you evaluate.
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
BFL has shown production boards (though has yet to show that they actually work). They are so far the only company to show a physical product.

Though all three companies, Avalon, btcfpga, and bfl have all had past products in the fpga market so it is reasonable to assume they are not scams (I hope).

I threw some cash at "BTCFPGA" but ignored the other two, purely because BTCFPGA allowed the use of a credit card.
The other two have managed to convince me I'd rather not take the risk until they have at-least one device out in the public, basically because they are black hole financing, with ZERO chance to recover funds if something goes wrong.

um, I bought my BFL SC with Paypal...with my credit card.
Activity: 295
As long as you do not open the box all is well.

Next thing you know people are going to be screaming asic companies are poisoning cats.

The problem is people pay good money for the box, so they care for the well being of the cat.

Well... I worked INSIDE a number of Chinese companies, so I have a unique perspective of what goes on.

As for shipping products in the past, it's hardly cutting edge stuff just a bog standard FPGA+ support circuit thrown on a PCB.

HC

You can use Paypal for BFL purchases. Hell I read somewhere someone used BillMeLater for a Jalapeno.

PayPal DOES NOT guarantee return of your funds, EVEN if you flag the payment.
(something interesting I found out recently after a run in with a Chinese company selling fake goods).

HC
Activity: 246
Team Heritage Motorsports
As long as you do not open the box all is well.

Next thing you know people are going to be screaming asic companies are poisoning cats.
Activity: 150

Well... I worked INSIDE a number of Chinese companies, so I have a unique perspective of what goes on.

As for shipping products in the past, it's hardly cutting edge stuff just a bog standard FPGA+ support circuit thrown on a PCB.

HC

You can use Paypal for BFL purchases. Hell I read somewhere someone used BillMeLater for a Jalapeno.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Bitcoin is like a variation of Schrödinger's Cat. Everything about it is both scam and fully legit at the same time until you open the box.

Touche! This quote is signature material ... too bad I'm participating in this contest, lol. I call it dibs though.

This should go well with the signature:

Disclaimer: found it in someone's profile on the portal.butterflylabs.com

ok well, got it. Atlas lately is absent anyway so I might as well Wink
Activity: 560
Merit: 256

Touche! This quote is signature material ... too bad I'm participating in this contest, lol. I call it dibs though.

This should go well with the signature:

Disclaimer: found it in someone's profile on the portal.butterflylabs.com
Activity: 26
Merit: 2
If the ASICs turn out to be a scam, the scam side here will be all over the forum with "I told you so"s.

I wonder what will they say if the ASICs don't turn out to be a scam? As I don't think anyone from the asic side were 100% sure, so can't say I told you so.

I rather like this analysis.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

HC

Activity: 540
Merit: 500
COINDER

This doesn,t say anything about new products witch are 1000x harder to produce and they could abuse the trust build up ..but give them the benefit of the doubt for some 6 weeks or so...the boards they show are no proof at all looks just like some more bait.to me  .its up to you if you will bite...i hope they are for real.. Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33835.0;topicseen
Activity: 154
At least this guy didn't start out his expression of disbelief by formally stating "I have no idea what I'm talking about, and posses no knowledge on this subject, but I firmly believe that it is impossible for these devices to ever exist."

Those posts are my favorite and I want to die.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Activity: 540
Merit: 500
COINDER
If they are, they aren't in the same state where they use their PO Boxes:

- Butterfly Labs "Address": PO Box 413671 Kansas City, Missouri 64141-3761
    Missouri Business Entities : Result - no Butterfly Labs

-  btcfpga "Address": P.O. Box 246 Hannibal, NY 13074
    New York Business Entities : Result - no BTCFPGA

Have you ask the companies themself how they registerd maybe BFL has another name Registerd orso?
Shady it is but online they are trusted by the mass..mmm u can ask Inaba he is always posting en answering question in treads around here.  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: