Pages:
Author

Topic: Ask for bitcoin address while signing up - page 2. (Read 1893 times)

Activity: 166
Merit: 100
Marshall Mathers
September 16, 2015, 06:38:04 AM
The user must enter his bitcointalk address along with a signed message while signing up.And there should be an inbuilt message verifier.So that he could recover his account if it gets stolen or hacked by re-signing with the same address with the time stamp.

I cannot think of a better way to stifle forum growth than this idea!

Maybe we should hide the domain name as well!   Wink
How is it going to stifle up the forum?
Its only going to add an extra layer for security.
What if your email account gets hacked too and your address wasn't quoted by anyone?
Then there would be no way to recover it.
Unless the database has your address stored.
I think you got the the idea in a wrong way.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
September 15, 2015, 04:42:21 PM
The user must enter his bitcointalk address along with a signed message while signing up.And there should be an inbuilt message verifier.So that he could recover his account if it gets stolen or hacked by re-signing with the same address with the time stamp.

I cannot think of a better way to stifle forum growth than this idea!

Maybe we should hide the domain name as well!   Wink
administrator
Activity: 3738
Merit: 2948
September 15, 2015, 02:57:18 PM
I like this and hope something similar gets implemented. We know 2FA will definitely be added and IIRC there were talks about adding address signing to the list of 2FA solutions.
Activity: 166
Merit: 100
Marshall Mathers
September 15, 2015, 01:06:43 PM
Pages:
Jump to: