Pages:
Author

Topic: Ask Google: What is the best performing asset in 2020 - page 2. (Read 657 times)

Activity: 2548
Merit: 666
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
I agree with it but you can also see it as Google algo being what it is. From what I understand of how it works, you have had to had expected this kind of result because of how much attention Bitcoin has had in the past decade. Just counting the times it's been searched in google and the number of articles that compared BTC and Gold is enough to warrant both of them being at the top of the search list. And here's also the thing, if you were to read a few articles when you search for the best performing asset, you'd see BTC because it beat Gold after most of the crisis of the virus was over, around April - May.

Basically, Google was just stating facts from what happened in the past few months. Gold failed to make a comeback bigger than BTC, while on the other hand, BTC jumped from a $4k bottom last March to the around $10k right now.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 219
Screw this one in particular though(1st spot below the snippet on Google): https://www.paulsonwealth.com/resource-center/investment/best-performing-asset-classes
It's just that Google is at it again. I've noticed the behavior, results and Ads are quite suspicious over there: crypto YouTubers kicked off the platform, fake crypto Ads running like crazy and almost fooling me a few times too, false/biased results upon crypto searches, the giveaway scams that ran wildly on YT and so on.

Can't be just a coincidence. Screw Google overall, all of these could've been very easily prevented if there was a will to do so.

It is too obvious even if you don't google it, most of the people who are updated about our technology will say bitcoin is the best performing asset. Although we know that bitcoin is just for a short-term investment, we should know how to manipulate it properly so that we can benefit profit to this cryptocurrency.

There are still some countries who are not legalizing the use of cryptocurrency, that's why even in the social media, they try to prohibit the promotion of bitcoin in a certain platform. Sometimes we need understand a specific government, "why is that they don't allow its citizen to have an access in bitcoin?"

Google should allow all the bitcoin advertisement and promotion because soon, maybe they can also benefit to the advantages of this cryptocurrency.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
It's just that Google is at it again. I've noticed the behavior, results and Ads are quite suspicious over there: crypto YouTubers kicked off the platform, fake crypto Ads running like crazy and almost fooling me a few times too, false/biased results upon crypto searches, the giveaway scams that ran wildly on YT and so on.

Can't be just a coincidence. Screw Google overall, all of these could've been very easily prevented if there was a will to do so.

I can't speak for the ones concerning YouTube and Google Ads because there certainly are some big problems with those platforms, but as for the search results, I wouldn't say it's necessarily biased, but it sure can be circumvented(I personally have a good grasp on internet marketing in general). The search results are mostly managed automatically by Google's algorithm and not manually by people, hence, as with most software, there will almost always be loopholes.

P.S.: https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597
Screw this one in particular though(1st spot below the snippet on Google): https://www.paulsonwealth.com/resource-center/investment/best-performing-asset-classes

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
When I searched for "the best performing asset in 2020" the first result was an ad of some investment fund,but it disappeared,after I searched the same keyphrase for the second time.
The second search result is an independent.co.uk article about Bitcoin being the best performing asset.
I guess that independent.co.uk is a very authority website,with lots of backlinks and social media shares pointing to this article,so that's why the Google algorithm picked it as number 1 result on first page.
According at Ahrefs,this article has 588 backlinks,88% of them are dofollow and the domain authority is 92.

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏
Is that so? I am lazy enough to try to look at the figures of other leading assets, but if we are to compare the price of Bitcoin when this current year opened with the price right at this very moment, we have already registered a growth of around 25%. That must be a nice ROI after almost 6 months.

Well, anyway, why don't you try to widen the coverage? Try asking for the best performing asset of all time. It will probably give you the same answer.

Let's give it up for Bitcoin for growing from "zero to hero" in just a decade.
mk4
legendary
Paldo.io 🤖
The Duck says bitcoin too

*snip*

Yeap. It's really mostly going to be Bitcoin articles on the search results of whatever search engine as probably 95% of articles are pointing towards bitcoin(rightfully so) anyway.

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
The Duck says bitcoin too

Come to think of it, I haven't read a lot of negative criticisms about BTC lately other than the report by goldman sachs. I usually see a lot of not-so-friendly reactions from these so called financial experts everytime it pumps and dumps like what happened couple of days ago.
mk4
legendary
Paldo.io 🤖
Just a quick heads up for those people who might immediately conclude that "Google is bullish on Bitcoin" or something:

Such snippets mostly appear on Google search results because of good SEO, and definitely not because the people at Google manually chose to show that short snippet and article. It's mostly Google's algorithm and the people who manage the website's SEO.

It's also why while Google's chosen snippets are mostly decent and relevant, the software manages to pick some bad ones too, like this one:

Activity: 2632
Merit: 546
Lol, pretty much the vote goes to BTC. However, we all know that it is best performing asset for now, but we need to understand that it is very volatile and there are huge risk involved. The price is constantly fluctuating, and we have seen the bubble burst in 2018 after reaching all time high at almost $20k last December 2017.

"Only invest what you can afford to lose"

Pages:
Jump to: