Pages:
Author

Topic: ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ Motherboard Spectre Bios Patch v1.60 w/ PCIe Slot Detection - page 2. (Read 884 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Update: System freezes are almost certainly not related to the BIOS.

Reinstalled OS and disabled auto-updates, flashed the 1.10 BIOS but my system still freezes randomly. Rules out the 1.20 BIOS as far as I can tell.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
Why would you want to patch perfectly fine system?
Patching these vulnerabilities is not something a miner machine really requires
Activity: 21
When published news about this vulnerability, he says it only can be patched on software mode, this is mean some performance issues
Activity: 34
Anybody experienced random system freezes with the Bios v1.2? Read about the possibility of Spectre+Meltdown BIOS updates causing it.

I am having issues with random browser crashes, too (Opera). Going to install new OS without the latest updates. If it keeps freezing, I'll try flashing back the v1.1.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
More than 6-8 GPU's on Windows 10 requires more RAM. 8GB should be good even with future updates which typically increase RAM requirements.
Activity: 312
Nice.
Isnt the ram usage high? I thought 4gb would be enough, but u are using all that..
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
ASRock has released a Bios update to patch the Spectre vulnerability on their motherboards, including the H110 Pro BTC+. I copied the v1.60 Bios to a USB flash drive and updated to the latest Bios via the Instant Flash utility in the Tools section of the Bios.

Be sure to save your Bios configuration profile settings to an external USB or disk from the OC Tweaker section of the Bios before updating as the new Bios will return to the default settings. There was no noticeable drop in performance for me.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110%20Pro%20BTC+/index.asp#BIOS

The latest Bios also adds a PCI-E slot detection diagnostic module to the Bios setup page that dispalys the PCI-E slot state for troubleshooting, similar to the Asus B250 Mining Expert motherboard.

It also gives information on the CPU & Memory installed.

Pages:
Jump to: