Pages:
Author

Topic: AsRock H81 PRO BTC R2.0 Does not start BIOS, no POST - page 2. (Read 1686 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Same problem here
Activity: 25
I had similar trouble with the last board i purchased and only had one stick of ram available.  If the computer wouldn't boot, I would just shut down the power supply, pull the ram and reset it in the other socket and it would boot (no idea why).  While testing for best overclock, if the miner crashed then it wouldn't boot until swapping ram slots yet again.   I have other boards running with only one stick, so I am not sure what is going on. I am using the board, and it has been hashing for 6 weeks no problems.  Good luck.
Activity: 578
Merit: 508
I have this MB.

I think you need one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-Desktop-ATX-Power-On-Reset-Switch-Cable-With-HDD-LED-Light-For-PC-Computer-/400486054729

It will help in your trouble shooting at the minimum.

Activity: 2
To try and isolate where the problem is:

Remove the graphics card and attempt to boot using the integrated graphics with one monitor.

If you still aren't getting anything on the monitor, power everything off and clear CMOS before trying again.

If that still doesn't work, power everything off and reseat the CPU & RAM, then try again. If you have another compatible motherboard, I would suggest testing both the CPU and RAM separately to confirm that both are functioning properly.

Can you give us some more information about your PSU, or is it a no-name "1300w"?

Thanks for advice. I did it all pretty much before asking for a help.
1. i did boot without GPU - nothing happened.
2. I di clear CMOS
3. I unplugged RAM, SSD and CPU, plugged CPU back and runned - nothing.

And here are some more pics of mu setup: http://imgur.com/a/uu8CY
Activity: 336
Merit: 253
Gone phishing...
To try and isolate where the problem is:

Remove the graphics card and attempt to boot using the integrated graphics with one monitor.

If you still aren't getting anything on the monitor, power everything off and clear CMOS before trying again.

If that still doesn't work, power everything off and reseat the CPU & RAM, then try again. If you have another compatible motherboard, I would suggest testing both the CPU and RAM separately to confirm that both are functioning properly.

Can you give us some more information about your PSU, or is it a no-name "1300w"?
Activity: 41
You should have bought some desktop motherboard for home PC instead of buying professional MB for mining as a newbie.

I suggest You to reinstal all your setup componentry, try to reset bios as the MB guide tells to do it and try to run it again.
Try to run it without GPU installed, use integrated one.
Also you could try to put your SSD to other SATA port - maybe it haven't drivers for Plug & Play like some of the motherboards do so try to run it as SATA II instead of SATA III port or reverse, because it maybe needed to install extra drivers after system is installed - same for USB 3.0 it may not work without extra drivers. Also you should know that USB supply will be powered after bios boot up.

Do your MB has a beep speaker installed, does it give any sound after starting the rig? If not - install it and listen to it.

Regards
Activity: 2
Hi everyone!
I’m building my first mining rig and there are one issue i face it right now that I can’t figure out the solution myself.
Here are the specs:
MB asrock h81 pro btc r2.0
SDD
Intel Celeron G1840 Dual Core 2.8GHZ
8 gb ddr3 ram
MSI AMD Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 4gb
1300w PSU

I have one more GPU the same RX 580 and one more to come. Stil haven’t receive my PCI-E risers, so I want to set up bios, install windows and everything. For that one GPU is enaugh, right?

So I installed everything on my motherboard and it worked very well. I mean fans on CPU, PSU and GPU are rotating and…, … that’s it. Nothing happens. Fans rotate for some time, then slow down and then rotate again as normal. I connected monitor using hdmi straight to GPU - nothing showing. I plugged other monitor using D-Sub connector on MB and nothing. I also noticed that my keyboard (Works perfectly on my other PC) I plugged in MB doesn’t work (for example num lock button desn’t light on/off when pressed). Looks like all usb slots on MB are without power. Also this D-sub slot for monitor doesn't give any signal or sign that it's doing something. Monitor is just blank. I expected to see bios startup, so I could install windows, but nothing.
Do You have any idea where is the problem?
Do You need any additional data to understand where the problem is?

Thanks in advance.

Here are how it looks: http://imgur.com/a/bxitZ
Pages:
Jump to: