Pages:
Author

Topic: ASUS MINING-RX470-4G - page 3. (Read 14548 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
September 12, 2017, 04:19:14 AM
Activity: 10
September 12, 2017, 03:58:17 AM
Activity: 10
September 11, 2017, 05:30:27 PM
Im test running some Asus Mining 470-4G at the moment but Im stuck at 25MH@85W. Its the Hynix memories on the card and the MAx Power Limit is about 85W. But does anyone now to get 30MH ETH with 85W? I havent managed to get that out of the card with claymore miner. windows 10.
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
September 10, 2017, 08:53:15 PM
Any updates specifically on the reported hashrate for these ASUS mining cards? Do they perform significantly better than regular rx470?
Note: My rx470s mine ETH at around 26-27 MH dual mining.
Activity: 893
Merit: 135
Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT
July 25, 2017, 04:08:36 PM
i also found this on official link, any idea about release date or rates?
https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/MINING-RX470-4G/

Thanks for the link.. I was waiting to see something official.. This is great news because I was waiting to buy a huge number of mining cards anyway. Thanks again man.

Are you still planning to buy huge number of cards?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
July 14, 2017, 09:55:27 PM
The Sapphire cards are available - in fairly small quantities.

I managed to sneak in one order on Newegg, card arrived last night (didn't have time to work with it yet).

IMO though they should have dropped the DVI connector and kept one of the HDMI connectors, then opened up the mounting plate a lot more since they DO have the find pointed the right way it would actually have HELPED cooling on non-riser rigs.

Up side - no bloody backplate (unlike the Nitro cards these seem to be based on).

Too many folks and many newbies have gotten spoiled - between the Litecoin/X11 crash and the massive price jump starting about 3 months back for most altcoins, 5-6 months to achieve 100% ROI was quite GOOD.

The sub-3 month ROI seen if you got in at just the right point recently was a MAJOR abberation in cryptocoin mining, and has only been seen 2 or perhaps 3 times for a few months at a time.

Activity: 285
Merit: 105
July 13, 2017, 10:25:29 PM
still waiting for anything to come from this "rumor"
hahahahahah
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
June 27, 2017, 05:31:59 AM
They are not even using dual ball bearing as stated...

what? its one of the reasons I chose them (and cheap, as well)
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
June 27, 2017, 05:00:27 AM
They are not even using dual ball bearing as stated...
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
June 27, 2017, 02:59:38 AM
Some of the Sapphire mining-specific cards are listed on NewEgg - but "out of stock".
 What I don't get about the MSI card listings I've seen is that they don't have the fins running horizontal - what's the point of expanding the holes in the bracket when the air doesn't GO that way.
 Sapphire and Asus have the cooling fins going the right way.

The Asus Expedition cooling is very bad... It's like Asus Dual, those fans are very noisy. I don't know why they don't use Strix cooling.
legendary
June 26, 2017, 08:33:52 PM

Thanks for the link.. I was waiting to see something official.. This is great news because I was waiting to buy a huge number of mining cards anyway. Thanks again man.

On the same link in mining series they are launcing nvidia mining card as well, MSI will also launch same mining series soon

Some of the Sapphire mining-specific cards are listed on NewEgg - but "out of stock".
 What I don't get about the MSI card listings I've seen is that they don't have the fins running horizontal - what's the point of expanding the holes in the bracket when the air doesn't GO that way.
 Sapphire and Asus have the cooling fins going the right way.

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1233
June 26, 2017, 03:49:41 PM
Profitability is going down rapidly so it is a lost investment if you buy these cards now for mining you will not make ROI for at least 5-6 months for a card which is a big time in crypto. I can agree with you if you want to just mine coins and hold them for a future when price will  be higher.
Activity: 893
Merit: 135
Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT
June 26, 2017, 03:18:42 PM

On the same link in mining series they are launcing nvidia mining card as well, MSI will also launch same mining series soon
Activity: 242
Merit: 11
June 26, 2017, 03:12:16 PM

No, it's based on the fact that a $200 RX 470/570 4 GB card has the best cost/hash performance for just about any algorithm

But try FINDING a 470/570 at $200 for the last month.
 I also disagree with the "just about any algorithm" part of that statement, though they WERE competitive to superior on the algos used in most or all of the LARGE MARKET CAP coins on both a hahs/$ and a hash/watt basis *IF YOU MODDED THE BIOS*, and fairly close even on non-modded cards.

I do suspect they'll sell the things without a problem for a while - just based on there not being enough cards to go around at all - but once the "crash" happens, they're going to have to price them quite a bit less than the consumer version to get any sales at all due to the very very low resale value.

Actually I bought four new Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 4 GB cards for $190 each less than two weeks ago. If you buy the cards right and don't give in to the hype, then I don't think that will change. You also keep saying the RX 470/570 is only good for certain algorithms, first only for ETH based coins and "small-market-cap coins" and now you say the opposite LARGE MARKET CAP coins. Modding the memory timings only affects memory based algorithms. For others like Equihash it has almost no effect. How about you just name an algorithm and a card that supposedly does better than a RX 470/470 4GB card on a cost/hash basis?

RX cards are going to be obsolete for mining Ether in a few months...increase in DAG size.

That is nonsense based on Claymore future epoch benchmarks, which are only an estimate and in my own testing I found to be overstated. It also assumes that there is nothing AMD can do from a driver or Bios update issue to correct the problem. From a hardware platform standpoint, I don't think there is anything that keeps AMD from being able to address it.

This video does a good job explaining why the Dag epoch issue with the RX cards is overstated. Even if the Dag issue is not corrected, there are at least 6 months left where the RX series can mine ETH and dual mine with other coins effectively compared to other alternatives in a cost/hash basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQE9WdhupAg

We've already seen the drops from recent epochs... why the fuck take a chance when you can sell you AMD cards for a free upgrade to a 1070? Doesn't make sense does it? If you have the capability to help yourself, and get more performance all at no cost to you, why wouldn't you do it?

Loosers.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
June 26, 2017, 03:03:04 PM

No, it's based on the fact that a $200 RX 470/570 4 GB card has the best cost/hash performance for just about any algorithm

I also disagree with the "just about any algorithm" part of that statement, though they WERE competitive to superior on the algos used in most or all of the LARGE MARKET CAP coins on both a hahs/$ and a hash/watt basis *IF YOU MODDED THE BIOS*, and fairly close even on non-modded cards.

I do suspect they'll sell the things without a problem for a while - just based on there not being enough cards to go around at all - but once the "crash" happens, they're going to have to price them quite a bit less than the consumer version to get any sales at all due to the very very low resale value.

Actually I bought four new Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 4 GB cards for $190 each less than two weeks ago. If you buy the cards right and don't give in to the hype, then I don't think that will change. You also keep saying the RX 470/570 is only good for certain algorithms, first only for ETH based coins and "small-market-cap coins" and now you say the opposite LARGE MARKET CAP coins. Modding the memory timings only affects memory based algorithms. For others like Equihash it has almost no effect. How about you just name an algorithm and a card that supposedly does better than a RX 470/470 4GB card on a cost/hash basis?

RX cards are going to be obsolete for mining Ether in a few months...increase in DAG size.

That is nonsense based on Claymore future epoch benchmarks, which are only an estimate and in my own testing I found to be overstated. It also assumes that there is nothing AMD can do from a driver or Bios update issue to correct the problem. From a hardware platform standpoint, I don't think there is anything that keeps AMD from being able to address it.

This video does a good job explaining why the Dag epoch issue with the RX cards is overstated. Even if the Dag issue is not corrected, there are at least 6 months left where the RX series can mine ETH and dual mine with other coins effectively compared to other alternatives on a cost/hash basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQE9WdhupAg
Activity: 242
Merit: 11
June 26, 2017, 02:57:08 PM
Anyone already have this on-hand? Would like to know if there is significant increase in hash rate compared to normal rx 470s. Thanks

How can there be? Look at it! read the specs! Stock its not going to be any faster!

Its irrelevant anyway, too little too late. The only feasible choice for new cards is Nvidia. Their 1060 mining card makes more sense in that aspect.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
June 26, 2017, 02:43:28 PM

Activity: 784
Merit: 282
June 26, 2017, 01:45:18 PM
Anyone already have this on-hand? Would like to know if there is significant increase in hash rate compared to normal rx 470s. Thanks
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
June 26, 2017, 01:14:44 PM

legendary
June 26, 2017, 12:58:24 PM

Pages:
Jump to: