Pages:
Author

Topic: ATTENTION EVERYONE! MEW isn't safe to use right now. - page 2. (Read 414 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
This topic is very hot on reddit but I think this time myetherwallet is normal again but seriously this makes me paranoid to use mew website. For now i think the safest way today is using a wallet hardware like trezor, btw its metamask its still safe to use?

Exactly, as I also heard this topic on Reddit and really makes us wonder upon the current situation on MEW. Technology once again tend to be outdated and hackers attack for stole the funds. But there is no news on the official site which indicates that company will try to recover the things as soon as possible and does n't create a situation of panic where everyone starts selling their funds, in way to save from stolen.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Hot topic, everyone speaking on Reddit
Activity: 1829
Merit: 134
This topic is very hot on reddit but I think this time myetherwallet is normal again but seriously this makes me paranoid to use mew website. For now i think the safest way today is using a wallet hardware like trezor, btw its metamask its still safe to use?
Activity: 420
Merit: 107
#MEW there were news that the CSN was broken and you are redirected to a phishing site. We recommend that you do not use the MEV for a while, until the details are clarified. A source:https://www.reddit.com/r/MyEtherWallet/comments/8ek0jj/think_i_got_scammedphishedhacked/
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
Hijack of Amazon’s internet domain service used to reroute web traffic for two hours unnoticed. Far the only known website to have traffic redirected was to MyEtherWallet.com, a cryptocurrency website. This traffic was redirected to a server hosted in Russia, which served the website using a fake certificate — they also stole the cryptocoins of customers.
Activity: 196
Thank you for this post. Now that I'm updated to it. I won't do any transaction till the issue will be fix.

This will be horrible to those who got hacked. I know, that it was hard that all your effort will be nothing.

Stay safe guys.
Activity: 362
I know it will get back soon. They are live and active on twitter they will get back soon. Those hackers will have no place on earth. Grr.. I remember the last time i was hacked by phishing site. That's why i'm very careful on my wallets.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
I read the news regarding this issue on their twitter account. And now everything seems to be normal again and they give us a pro-tips on how to avoid to be scammed and phised. Wish it'll help us to stay safe.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 109
I have read this on twitter and the page of Myetherwallet even notified it's user about this. They said that as long as there's a certificate on the site it is good to use. The site gets redirected to a phising site and almost 200+ eth was snatched from other users. I read an article that only certain regions were hacked such as:   Italy, Pakistan, Thailand, Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand. But, it's always better to be safe.
Activity: 32
Shameful. How this useful site can get hacked?

They didn't get hacked, but public Google DNS got compromised. Their addresses 8.8.8.8. and 8.8.4.4. were down in some parts of the world, not sure if they still are. An attacker hacked into those addresses and pointed MEW domain name to a different IP. That is how when people opened even their bookmarked MEW URL, they went to a compromised IP and when they entered their private key, the hacker snatched it (because it was entered into his own server). The certificate should have warned people from doing so (because the certificate was missing and was not green), but it is easy to be a smart now, when things are over.

I'm checking that green url and I have Cryptonite, which is a great help.
Very dangerous setup from hackers. Thanks for explanation.
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
Presale Starting May 1st
It was not hacked, they are the group of people who are really experts in  hijacking so let us be careful so that we won't be a victim, we must be thankful that a lot of people here are concern for other people.
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
It seems to me that if MEW hackers could hack, then maybe the market will go down. Hackers now have no barriers whatsoever, they can hack everything and it's very bad.
Activity: 742
Merit: 12
Seriously I feel paranoid using mew at this time, btw here one of the hacker address : 0xb3AAAae47070264f3595c5032eE94b620A583a39 ( I got it from telegram community chat). That Means for now the safest path is to use hardware like trezor right? Or use metamask still safe?

Hardwares are the safest option while everyone don't have it. In that case, Metamask is fairly safe, but I'd suggest to use offline transaction. So that you are out of risk. Smiley
Activity: 273
Merit: 15
Seriously I feel paranoid using mew at this time, btw here one of the hacker address : 0xb3AAAae47070264f3595c5032eE94b620A583a39 ( I got it from telegram community chat). That Means for now the safest path is to use hardware like trezor right? Or use metamask still safe?
Activity: 742
Merit: 12

They didn't get hacked, but public Google DNS got compromised. Their addresses 8.8.8.8. and 8.8.4.4. were down in some parts of the world, not sure if they still are. An attacker hacked into those addresses and pointed MEW domain name to a different IP. That is how when people opened even their bookmarked MEW URL, they went to a compromised IP and when they entered their private key, the hacker snatched it (because it was entered into his own server). The certificate should have warned people from doing so (because the certificate was missing and was not green), but it is easy to be a smart now, when things are over.

Update 1:
MyEtherWallet says, everything is normal now. [however, I'm advising to stop transaction for few more hours and learn from more users]
here is the official tweet https://twitter.com/myetherwallet/status/988836522974572544

Stay safe.
Activity: 231
Augmented Reality World Discovered
This is awful,those people who used mew and put their rmoney to these keys probaby got hacked as long as these people arent going to put their keys thru researching because it can be easily hacked,then the time i dont like to dos so if iwere you i wont be wasting my time and effort for this campaigns as there are uncertainty between the two.
Activity: 504
Merit: 3

Activity: 308
Merit: 101
Hacker is the greatest problem confronting cryptocurrency ecosystem. However, I think this will be sorted out as soon as possible.

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111
We just need to wait and let them solve the problem.
MEW will not let this slide for a long time and issue will be gone soon.
though this one will be a big lesson to them and will improve their security more.
it's bull run days btw, so let it stay their and dont open your wallet.
Activity: 252
Merit: 14
Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

Thank you for warning! I will not today to make transfers from the wallet.
Read, that have them hacked DNS server.It puts us in danger.

It is better to wait for official news from the developers before continuing to use MEW
Pages:
Jump to: