Pages:
Author

Topic: AUCTION - 10 rolls of new 0.5BTC Casascius Coins - page 4. (Read 4503 times)

Activity: 284
Merit: 250
I bid 25.5 BTC for any available roll.
Activity: 702
Merit: 500
I bid 32 for any one roll
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
That said, you're welcome to make private offers on rolls I haven't listed.  I can accept offers on future production, as well as unlisted production (for example: I've listed 1000 coins, but actual coin production for that day was a little bit higher, the extra roll(s) just may come from multiple lots... and I didn't list all of April 6's production either).  The worst I can say is no.  You don't have to pledge bitcoins as part of your offer, but it helps your offer, especially if I don't know you or haven't done business with you in the past.
Instead of asking for private offers, which are decoupled from this auction, you should allow for full-filling tailing bids of this auction: top 10 bidders get their roll for sure, other bidders are ranked by their offers and get filled sequentially as long as supply lasts. This brings everybody to the same market place.

or everyone gets one roll at the nth-best bid, where n is the number of rolls auctioned.
donator
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
I do want to deliberately skew the market place for the purpose of favoring those reselling my coins over those who may simply want to collect rolls of 50 for themselves.  So, I will show a prejudice toward those who are 1) reselling my coins, 2) have good history with me, 3) already winning or close to winning my rolls through the auction process.  So, asking for private offers may be closer to what I have in mind.
In that case I would have expected that you also ask for a minimum purchase via a private offer. E.g. 10 rolls minimum per private offer.

But of course you're free to choose a sales method of your liking. If you want to favor a particular group of buyers, that's totally acceptable. But the criteria are a bid wishy-washy. E.g. what defines good history? At which volume am I a reseller? If I bid here and almost win, do I qualify for a future delivery at the lost-bid price? ...

Anyway - I don't want to make this auction any more confusing. So please ignore my comments, since they are likely to derail this auction.
Activity: 308
Merit: 102
Wow - these are wayyy beyond my affordability  Sad wish I could get some.
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
Thanks 2weiX for the helpful info on reverse auctions.

I might consider a method where I make some sort of offer that gets accepted by the first person to send the right number of bitcoins to a pre-designated address.  The right number of bitcoins decreases with time, and I'd offer a webpage that shows what that price is.  That might also work well, and I could have new rolls coming out all the time.
vip
That said, you're welcome to make private offers on rolls I haven't listed.  I can accept offers on future production, as well as unlisted production (for example: I've listed 1000 coins, but actual coin production for that day was a little bit higher, the extra roll(s) just may come from multiple lots... and I didn't list all of April 6's production either).  The worst I can say is no.  You don't have to pledge bitcoins as part of your offer, but it helps your offer, especially if I don't know you or haven't done business with you in the past.
Instead of asking for private offers, which are decoupled from this auction, you should allow for full-filling tailing bids of this auction: top 10 bidders get their roll for sure, other bidders are ranked by their offers and get filled sequentially as long as supply lasts. This brings everybody to the same market place.

I do want to deliberately skew the market place for the purpose of favoring those reselling my coins over those who may simply want to collect rolls of 50 for themselves.  So, I will show a prejudice toward those who are 1) reselling my coins, 2) have good history with me, 3) already winning or close to winning my rolls through the auction process.  So, asking for private offers may be closer to what I have in mind.
donator
vip
That being said: reverse auction, plz?

Can you help me understand how this would work?

Just as a side note, I am open to private offers, especially if they were on a simple "take-it-by-(time)-or-leave-it" basis.  I would be willing to dispense PGP-signed bitcoin addresses where I promise to either a) return the funds you sent to me, or b) accept whatever offer you have made.

Benefits I see from doing this:
1. It's convenient for me, and I routinely value convenience and finality to transactions to the point that I will often pay for it (or, in turn, be more open to a less favorable-to-me price).  I consider chasing payment highly inconvenient, as well as not knowing whether one might complete or cancel a seemingly completed transaction.  In turn, I routinely pay as agreed and don't cancel completed transactions without good cause, if ever.  Putting bitcoins where I can either grab them or return them appeals to me and entices me to accept an offer that might not necessarily be the top amount I could get for something by working an auction for all it's worth.
2. It's a relatively novel form of price discovery, something this community already needs to adapt to anyway with MtGox's unpredictable eruptions
3. It allows me to make an evaluation on more merits than just "who's the highest bidder" (I value those reselling my coins and giving good service more than who is strictly willing to pay me the most for the coins)
4. I understand that participating in an auction is a pain in the butt, having to be up and available at some arbitrarily chosen time that might be terribly inconvenient or totally unworkable.

donator
Activity: 1064
I increase my bid to 28 BTC for any roll Smiley
//DeaDTerra
legendary
Merit: 1003
27 on any one roll.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
I'm guessing there's no way to bid with CAD or USD?
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
31 btc for any one roll.
28 for another roll.

That being said: reverse auction, plz?
donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
Many thanks, please to hold the previous auction's win to go with any of these latest.

I bid 25 btc each on any 2 rolls, my old bid now superseded by this new bid.
vip
Yes all shipping is combinable.

International shipments limit 4lbs for a single shipment, that's about 250 1btc coins or 300 0.5btc coins in a single shipment.
donator
I bid 30 BTC for any available roll
donator
Activity: 1064
26 at any one roll.
//DeaDTerra
donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
25 btc on any single roll & hopefully you can do combined shipping if I win a roll/s from both of your current auctions & ideally as requested in your previous auction thread combined shipping with the first roll that I won, so say all 3 rolls to go for the $50 P/P that I've already paid, many thanks.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
30 on any one
Activity: 896
29 each on any 5
Pages:
Jump to: