Pages:
Author

Topic: [AUCTION] 2013 Casascius 0.5 btc silver Series 3 hologram "1Agj3S8R" - page 3. (Read 826 times)

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
curious as to why this was transferred after someone had put a bid in on the original auction - noting it was higher then the current high bid here.

I guess more curious why they have not bid here on this one.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 3596
Activity: 1101
Merit: 512
I won a ungraded one on Oct. 2020 and BTC was around 11500 at the time. Yeah, that should be
neater than this coin. The bad-looking boy might be cast off absent mindedly by a layman deep at a corner of a drawer for a very long time.

After looking at the word file on my computer, I've found out
that I was wrong. In fact, it's a ICG 68 graded coin.
I won a ungraded one on Oct. 2020 and BTC was around 11500 at the time. Yeah, that should be
neater than this coin. The bad-looking boy might be cast off absent mindedly by a layman deep at a corner of a drawer for a very long time.

copper member
Activity: 531
Merit: 212
What a change of market mood! 3 years ago, I won a similar coin: a Series 3 Cas silver 0.5 for 0.705 btc on an auction here.

Bidding will pick up. Also was the coin you purchased as dirty as this silver is? Did you purchase an ungraded or a graded coin? Exchange rate of Bitcoin at the time of purchase? Many variables at play....

Best,
BTCOVERFIAT

Agreed. Premiums vary wildly based on many factors. I expect this coin will fetch far less than an ungraded one in better condition. A silver .5 that is graded high would for sell for even more.
Activity: 440
Merit: 41
Holder of last resort
What a change of market mood! 3 years ago, I won a similar coin: a Series 3 Cas silver 0.5 for 0.705 btc on an auction here.

Bidding will pick up. Also was the coin you purchased as dirty as this silver is? Did you purchase an ungraded or a graded coin? Exchange rate of Bitcoin at the time of purchase? Many variables at play....

Best,
BTCOVERFIAT
legendary
I will sound stupid, but does the coin have the private key engraved upon it or somewhere else?

The private key is underneath the hologram, printed on a small circle of paper

0.5525 BTC

Current high bid
Ends in about 2.5 days
Activity: 406
Merit: 896
I will sound stupid, but does the coin have the private key engraved upon it or somewhere else?
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3238
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
I didn't want to clean it and risk damaging the information ok? Sad

Never ever clean a coin.... as found thru a search engine as follows.... Collectible or valuable coins should not be cleaned as cleaning almost always reduces their value and rarely improves their grading.
copper member
Activity: 9
Merit: 1
I didn't want to clean it and risk damaging the information ok? Sad
Activity: 354
Merit: 23
This coin has a lot of character
 Smiley

Such as...

I think that was a nice way of saying it looks more like a 4X4 that's been driven off-road than a Mall Crawler...if I understand rsincognito correctly.
copper member
Activity: 490
Merit: 40
This coin has a lot of character
 Smiley
copper member
Activity: 9
Merit: 1
Activity: 440
Merit: 41
Holder of last resort
Activity: 1211
Merit: 135
Krogothmanhattan alt account
legendary
2013 Casascius 0.5 btc silver Series 3 hologram "1Agj3S8R"
https://mempool.space/address/1Agj3S8Rr2QFW4m2mLFiR6JHG2zrbaUDj6

STARTING BID: 0.5000BTC
MINIMUM BID INCREMENT PER LOT: 0.0025BTC
**Please limit bids to ONLY 4 decimal places**
END TIME: SEPTEMBER 30th, 2023, 14:00:00 PDT
**Payment due within 24 hours of auction end!!**
SNIPE: Any bid made in last 5 minutes will extend the auction 5 minutes beyond the ending time.
If within those 5 extended minutes, a new bid is made, 5 minutes will be added to the auction from the time of that bid.

PAYMENT: bc1qu6638gau0k653j63dschxmceeh34lm37x8ntpt
SHIPPING: Based on location and preference
OWNER: jon_flop_boat
Pages:
Jump to: