Pages:
Author

Topic: Auction for a 1g gold mini bar until block number 95,000 - page 2. (Read 4183 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
Apparently I inspired this image.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers

brocktice leads at BTC50

Anyone at 60 ?

Edit.  Please notice I won't always be able to aknowledge bids as quickly as I've been doing it so far.  I'm a human being and sometimes I have to sleep, work, eat, and so on...  Wink

60BTC would be a steal, I'll bid it.
legendary

brocktice leads at BTC50

Anyone at 60 ?

Edit.  Please notice I won't always be able to aknowledge bids as quickly as I've been doing it so far.  I'm a human being and sometimes I have to sleep, work, eat, and so on...  Wink
Activity: 292
Apparently I inspired this image.
legendary
Now this is interesting.  BTC V Au.  Clearly the seller wishes to exit gold and invest in bitcoin, whereas most people would want to exit [everything else] and invest in gold.

It somehow looks like real gold - I presume it comes with a certificate stating it's origin and quality?  Will the posting be insured, even to foreign destinations [where are you based?]?

Current market value would put 1g gold at about US$45, maybe BTC190.  However, just to get the ball rolling and see where this goes, I'll base my (first?) bid on some arbitrary future expected value of bitcoins.  I bid BTC25.

I think it is the fourth time I sell gold on this forum.  Each transaction occured with no problem.  Ask around.

I bought these mini bars with some certificates, but I dumped them.  I'm not interested in owning paper.

I think 1g is enough a small amount so that it doesn't require any insurance.  I'll hide the bar carfully inside the enveloppe, and I'll send it as a normal letter.  It should be fine.

I aknowledge your bid of 25 BTC.

So, fergalish leads the auction with 25 BTC.
Activity: 440
Now this is interesting.  BTC V Au.  Clearly the seller wishes to exit gold and invest in bitcoin, whereas most people would want to exit [everything else] and invest in gold.

It somehow looks like real gold - I presume it comes with a certificate stating it's origin and quality?  Will the posting be insured, even to foreign destinations [where are you based?]?

Current market value would put 1g gold at about US$45, maybe BTC190.  However, just to get the ball rolling and see where this goes, I'll base my (first?) bid on some arbitrary future expected value of bitcoins.  I bid BTC25.

On a sidenote, if any admins are listening, if possible, could you add the BTC symbol beside all the smileys above the message box.
legendary
i bid 10 btc

nanotube initiates the auction and leads with 10 BTC.
Activity: 482
Merit: 501
i bid 10 btc
legendary
** Edit.  THIS AUCTION IS CLOSED NOW.  See end of thread. **

Here is an other auction for a 1g mini gold bar (see attached photo).

Price will include postal fees to wherever in the world.  No starting price.

DO NOT BID IF YOU DON'T REALLY INTEND TO BUY THE BAR.  Payment will be required before the bar is sent anyway, so there is no point making a fake bid.

The auction will end at block number 95,000.  At this time, I will lock this thread and thus end the auction.

I may lock it a bit earlier and continue the auction on IRC if I see several people interested.

Do not PM to post your bid.  Just put it in this thread, so that others can see what's happening.
Pages:
Jump to: