Pages:
Author

Topic: Autism awareness month. - page 2. (Read 202 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 3
Soycoin is the future "stablecoin"
April 15, 2018, 11:16:32 PM
I have been with Children with Autism for almost 5 years now and I am still amazed by them every single day. If you haven't encountered one, you might be shocked and afraid but don't be. Yes, they are different, but exceptionally different. They have their own strengths and weaknesses. They may not show you how much they appreciate you but they know in their hearts that you value them and they truly love you.

Happy Autism Awareness!!
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
April 15, 2018, 11:07:00 PM
I think we should not put these children in ordinary schools, where they will be discouraged by what is happening and will become even more self-contained. There are special schools where the autistic child can gently adapt to social interaction without exposing stressful situations.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
dApps Development Automation Platform
April 15, 2018, 11:42:17 AM
Autism is now fast-growing developmental disorder. With every 68 births, one is affected with autism. Physically it's hard to distinguish until they show stereotypical behaviors.

It's Autism Awareness Month and I wanted to share awareness towards these kids. Have you encountered this type of kids? what were your reactions and how do you think we could help them?

I'm way past this topic already but I wanted to share some point. Autism have unusual behaviors. These behaviors has several functions causing it.  Dependiing on severity most of them are unable to express their feelings causing them to cry or whine as their form of communication.

Help them by supporting their parents, most parents are afraid by people's judgement that they rather choose to keep them out of public places just to avoid it.

A friend of mine is a mom of a classic/ severe autism kid. This is one of her fear.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
April 04, 2018, 03:59:02 AM
Autism is now fast-growing developmental disorder. With every 68 births, one is affected with autism. Physically it's hard to distinguish until they show stereotypical behaviors.

It's Autism Awareness Month and I wanted to share awareness towards these kids. Have you encountered this type of kids? what were your reactions and how do you think we could help them?

Yes, I have encountered this type of kids. Of course, these kids would really get your attention but what we can to do to help them is by making them feel good about themselves. Just give them a smile and don't look at them like they are annoying or odd. Just a little kindness would go a long way.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
dApps Development Automation Platform
April 03, 2018, 10:06:55 AM

Pages:
Jump to: