Pages:
Author

Topic: Auto-correct will improve communication on BTT - page 3. (Read 486 times)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 264
...it will also improve the vocabularies of Bitcoin talkers...
For Windows users, I believe there is already an option in Windows Setting that enables text suggestions. I think Android default keyboard even has one of those features.
Like LoyceV mentioned, it should be in client-side instead. Having a script for that in the server would be unnecessary if it can be done by user themselves anyway.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 7007
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
Spell check is already available in internet browsers and it works just fine. If you spell something wrong, it will get underlined in red. You can then go back to that word and make necessary changes. I don't see theymos introducing some type of scripts or software to autocorrect people. You, the person is supposed to make the final decision of what gets posted and not a machine. You can also use Grammarly to your advantage if you want to.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1210
Dont be a ShitcoInfluencer for quick bux, it sucks
Improving vocabulary should be done separately than posting on bitcointalk and getting auto-corrected.

I prefer correcting my own spelling mistakes by the dictionary prompt and I have always found the auto-correct feature to produce more problems than solve problems, leading to its halt on my phone.

Besides, the forum detectives have often used patterns in spelling mistakes as a method to track down alt accounts being run by the same person. Cool
legendary
Activity: 3262
Merit: 16303
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
If you want auto-correct, you should use it client-side. Server-side auto-correct is very close to censoring, which shouldn't happen.

Proofreading helps a lot too: Preview your post and read it again before you submit it.
Activity: 742
Merit: 918
It is just like you want someone to bath for you and feed you when you are an adult already, do not forget that this is a forum, communicate in a way as very simple that you know others can understand you.

If you want to learn more about English, there are YouTube videos and articles that you can check online. You can use grammerly for suggestion of correct words and good English too.
Activity: 966
Merit: 421
Bitcoindata.science
I don't know if a thread similar to this has been created in the past. I did check but did not find any, so I had to bring it up.  It is not enough having ideas, communicating them in a manner the reader will understand and comprehend can be a bit challenging.

A script to autocorrect and making word suggestion will not only make conveying ideas easier, it will also improve the vocabularies of Bitcoin talkers. I know there are many websites that can improve one's writing and communication skills that I don't dispute, but learning can be done anywhere and with the increase in users improved communication can make the forum more outstanding.
Pages:
Jump to: