Pages:
Author

Topic: Auto-lock of topics after a week or 100 posts to solve spammer problem? - page 2. (Read 291 times)

copper member
Activity: 434
Merit: 278
Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee
Asking a moderator to reopen the thread again hmm not likely to happen.
The constant complain is such a pain in the head moderators will not worry about the thread that could be necrobump. They are more worried about how to stop spamming from within not a temporarily solution that could be exploited nonetheless.

And we all know that Bitcoin Discussion is all about increasing your activity and such a like before but when merit system introduced that what's you called a frog pond nowadays.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
I read the Bitcoin Discussion board most of the time, and my observation is that if a there's no post in a topic for a few days (a week, maybe), than the topic is over and noone will reply to it, only spammers who don't have any problem with replying to topics after years of no activity in the topic...
Also, if a topic has about 100 (or 50 or 250 or I don't know the exact post count) posts already, most of the information has already been posted and normal members won't have anything to add to the discussion, but the spammers has of course...
So why not auto lock the threads after reaching the 100 replies (or more if needed or if there's no activity for a week) and only open back if someone writes a decent post and asks the topic's moderator to let him post that into the locked topic and the moderator will open the thread again for e.g. 2 days again.
Any thoughts how spammers could exploit this idea? Will this cause opening much more spam threads to have enough topics to spam, if a topic auto-locks after 100 posts?
Pages:
Jump to: