Pages:
Author

Topic: Auto Run Miners, Run Miners in Background/as Service? - page 2. (Read 27368 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I have the client at home, and the wallet is on my computer (? right ?) so I just have to set up the miner on my friend's desktop and have the pool account send the BTC to my wallet. Is this right?
Yes.

Does his desktop need a wallet? does this set up make sense? I'm very new sorry, don't really know what an exchanger is and probably don't have one yet. I'm still trying to find out how to use/convert BTC right now.
No, he doesn't needs a wallet. Just set your bitcoin address in the pool's settings and the pool will send your reward to you.
Activity: 112
Merit: 100
"I'm not psychic; I'm just damn good"
I have the client at home, and the wallet is on my computer (? right ?) so I just have to set up the miner on my friend's desktop and have the pool account send the BTC to my wallet. Is this right?

Does his desktop need a wallet? does this set up make sense? I'm very new sorry, don't really know what an exchanger is and probably don't have one yet. I'm still trying to find out how to use/convert BTC right now.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Hey guys, my friend with 5970 has agreed to let me use his computer for mining since he isn't interested in the whole scene, what I'll like to know is how best to install a miner such that it doesn't require anything on his part and it'll mine as usual.
You can mine in pool without using bitcoin client at all if you want to send your earnings directly to some exchanger.
Activity: 112
Merit: 100
"I'm not psychic; I'm just damn good"
Hey guys, my friend with 5970 has agreed to let me use his computer for mining since he isn't interested in the whole scene, what I'll like to know is how best to install a miner such that it doesn't require anything on his part and it'll mine as usual.

I've started like hours ago and I'm just wondering, if I'm doing pool mining doesn't that mean that my miner computers doesn't require the client? (Or does it?)

To my understanding, if the computer requires it's GPU (for games and what not), the miner would not stand in the way nor affect the performance too much (Either for CPU or GPU), please correct me if I'm wrong.

I want to try and reduce as much interference and minimally invasive to my friend as possible, so I'm thinking the installation should be minimal, just include a simple script that starts with the computer and runs the miner in the background/service. I'm also not that technically inclined so I might need help with this 'simple' script (I'm assuming), and what are the files/installations needed.

Tried searching the forum however kept getting irrelevant info, sorry if this has been done. Please point me to the right tread if this has been answered.

P.S I'd also like my MBP to have something like that, but I'm not sure how to get my MBP as a miner. I've got GUIMiner on my desktop though.