Pages:
Author

Topic: Automotive Advice/Diagnosis/Procedures for BTC Tips - page 2. (Read 4277 times)

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
'96 Taurus w/V6. Revving engine while in neutral does not result in "linear" increase in RPM, instead resulting in "hiccups." It'll rev a bit, then "hiccups" (combustion rate appears to slow dramatically for ~1-2 seconds) and RPM decreases significantly before heading up again. It's done this since purchase, and I'm unable to tell if performance while driving is affected (flooring it while in drive does not seem to replicate issue). Asked for diagnosis at nearby auto shop in middle of nowhere, received unauthorized tune-up for 1/4 the car's worth which did not resolve issue.

Is this actually an issue or is this normal behavior?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Hi everyone! My name among friends is Deltron, and I'm an ASE Certified Master Auto Tech. Looking to do a little bit of moonlighting here to help out the community should the need arise, for BTC tips.

We all have cars, and they all break down. Not everyone knows how to work on them, but with my help I can point you in the right direction, and hopefully guide you to a solution.
If nothing else, I can help you figure out if your mechanic is trying to hose you or not.
I have full 24/7 access to AllData, the industries leading diagnostic database, and I have 14 years experience on the job as well.

No question is too tough, although there are some limitations to what I can answer without physically being there.

If your question is related to a check engine light(referred to as MIL from here on out(malfunction indicator lamp)), please have the failure code pulled from your vehicles computer before posting. This can be done at your local Autozone for free, but try not to listen to anything they have to say beyond the code number. ( PXXXX (IE: P0340)) They're quite dumb over there.

Remember, the more detailed you are, the better. And don't forget year/make/model/engine size

Let the games begin!
Pages:
Jump to: