Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon 16nm miner to be for sale in this September - page 2. (Read 2993 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I just hope the Avalon 16nm will not be as expensive as the S9. That will create good competition.

I rather they go the ways they used to do.

Price it a bit worse then the s-9.

For me slower growth due to high  priced gear is better then dirt cheap miners.

Only people with a lot of power cheap do well with cheap miners. Since they can always grow a bit.

Ie of you are running 50 s-7 miners at five cents.  Competing s-9 and Avalon 7 should help you.

But if have ten or less s-7 at five cents and can not increase your power cap low priced gear hurts your bottom line.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I really hope this is true.
Competition is always a good thing. One company being the only manufacturer of 16nm chips means they can charge whatever they want.

If the price of miners goes down, how does this affect the price of bitcoin?
Say the miners are a couple hundred dollars cheaper than an S9 unit...
More people buy miners or upgrade their gear.
More people have more hash power, but I guess the difficulty gets adjusted to match?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
MERCATOX
I just hope the Avalon 16nm will not be as expensive as the S9. That will create good competition.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Didn't this company get bought out by Bitmain ?

No. Where the heck did you come up with THAT insanity?

I AM somewhat shocked that Avalon anticipates hitting the market that soon - with the lead they handed Bitmain, Bitfury, etc on the 14/16nm full custom generation I didn't expect to see an Avalon member of that generation before end of the year timeframe.

Let The Competition Begin!

(hopefully before September when Bitfury gets off it's rear with IT'S new chip, or BW gets their LK-1402 chips into miners and actually starts SELLING some miners).
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
New gear is welcome.   I would pick up a piece or two.  I would also run a group buy like I did with the  Avalon6
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Bitcoin Mining Hosting
Folks,

Today I read the news that Shandong Luyitong Intelligent Electric PLC (the company that intends to acquire Canaan) had disclosed their correspondence to Shenzhen Stock Exchange's queries on this transaction. This lengthy document can be found from SZ stock exchange (http://www.szse.cn/UpFiles/fxklwxhj/NMK30042314281255HF.pdf).

On page 39/119, a paragraph outlined their plans for the remaining of 2016, including a status update of their 16nm miner progress.

Apparently they have completed the prototype and specification. The new generation of AvalonMiner will use chips from TSMC. They expect first batch of the chips to arrive in mid-to-late August, then the first batch of AvalonMiner sale would commence in September. Expected sales volume will be 80k to 100k.

Thoughts?

always good to get more miners in the market. A6 is a rock.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Didn't this company get bought out by Bitmain ?
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
No zuo no die why you try, u zuo u die dont be shy
Folks,

Today I read the news that Shandong Luyitong Intelligent Electric PLC (the company that intends to acquire Canaan) had disclosed their correspondence to Shenzhen Stock Exchange's queries on this transaction. This lengthy document can be found from SZ stock exchange (http://www.szse.cn/UpFiles/fxklwxhj/NMK30042314281255HF.pdf).

On page 39/119, a paragraph outlined their plans for the remaining of 2016, including a status update of their 16nm miner progress.

Apparently they have completed the prototype and specification. The new generation of AvalonMiner will use chips from TSMC. They expect first batch of the chips to arrive in mid-to-late August, then the first batch of AvalonMiner sale would commence in September. Expected sales volume will be 80k to 100k.

Thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: