Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon 741 Wont mine - page 2. (Read 1490 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 118
October 26, 2017, 05:48:28 PM
Hello, I am having this same issue. None of the guides show if it's required to change static IP or how to. Is this necessary? I'm still on the default static IP, I'm connected via default LAN and I connected to my home wifi following 1st mining rig guide exactly. I'm trying to mine with slush pool. The pool data is entered correctly, as slush pool explains. Do I have to turn off Lan? If I do this how do I reconnect to the raspberry? I already got locked out once and had to re-flash. Also, I might also currently be locked out because I may have "accidentally" changed it to DHCP because I got impatient and went for it.

pls halp

Thank you.
Oh, and the light on the lil thing between controller ad miner is blue, and the LED's on the miner are yellow.

Yes, changing the IP is needed. If you use the default IP, its probably not the same network as your normal internet, so the machine isn't connecting to pools.

what do i change it to?

Change it to DHCP (instead of a static address)
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
October 26, 2017, 03:50:37 PM
If you changed it to DCHP look check your router to see what IP it was assigned, you will need to use the new IP address to access the controller. You can find your routers IP address on the router usually, log into that and it will give you a list of everything on that network, you should be able to find your Rasp PI controller there.

Just realized this is running between 2 threads. try to limit your posting to 1 thread.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
October 26, 2017, 03:27:09 PM
Hello, I am having this same issue. None of the guides show if it's required to change static IP or how to. Is this necessary? I'm still on the default static IP, I'm connected via default LAN and I connected to my home wifi following 1st mining rig guide exactly. I'm trying to mine with slush pool. The pool data is entered correctly, as slush pool explains. Do I have to turn off Lan? If I do this how do I reconnect to the raspberry? I already got locked out once and had to re-flash. Also, I might also currently be locked out because I may have "accidentally" changed it to DHCP because I got impatient and went for it.

pls halp

Thank you.
Oh, and the light on the lil thing between controller ad miner is blue, and the LED's on the miner are yellow.

Yes, changing the IP is needed. If you use the default IP, its probably not the same network as your normal internet, so the machine isn't connecting to pools.

what do i change it to?
Activity: 658
Merit: 118
October 26, 2017, 12:07:59 PM

pls halp

Thank you.

Activity: 756
Merit: 560
October 26, 2017, 11:32:37 AM
Try to telnet into the RPi and verify the networking is working via command line. Make sure you can ping a public IP and that DNS is working.
Activity: 24
October 26, 2017, 01:27:43 AM

pls halp

Thank you.
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
October 24, 2017, 02:09:50 PM
What color are the lights on the unit and on the AUC serial adapter?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
October 24, 2017, 12:43:23 AM
So it can be a few things.
Have you entered your pool data to mine?
If so what pool are you mining on? Maybe try a different one and make sure you are following the pool log in info in regards to password not being blank.
You mentioned you had it set on Wi-Fi, is it possible to move things and use an ethernet connection to make sure it's not a network issue.
What colour lights are you getting in the back if the miner?

Are you actually getting logged into the cgminer interface for your rasp pi?
Activity: 1
October 24, 2017, 12:39:11 AM
I just got an Avalon 741 set it up following the guide on 1stminingrig and my miner doesnt do anything nor do I see it in the dashboard of the avalon portal idk what Im missing, I set up the wifi correctly I set up my pool data correctly but still I get no results the miner does power up but just sits there. In the CGminer API log window it says Connection refused. Please help idk what else to try have been going at this for 4 hours now.
Pages:
Jump to: