Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon Asic Update March 1st - page 3. (Read 11985 times)

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000
Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com
March 01, 2013, 12:23:21 PM
Now if they'd only confirm my order... !
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
March 01, 2013, 10:58:25 AM
Thank you for the update, got my newsletter this morning.  Exciting times.   Can't wait.
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin calls me an Orphan
March 01, 2013, 10:13:17 AM
http://www.btcmu.info/pools/160-avalon-update-march-1st.html

(From the Newsletter)

Clear for take off, abide a week late.

Deadline has arrived so an update is in order, earlier this week the shipping problem is more or less solved and we are gearing up to dispatch the units, due to the week of delay from before compounded with lingering issues with the recovery from CNY the outlook for shipping time-frames are the following:

Starting from next Monday, units will be en route to their country of destination and tracking numbers will follow maybe 2~3 days after (it is at this point onward which you can expect an email from us with the tracking information), we expect this process to continue to the 10th of March until all the units have been shipped out, if all is well people will get their units in-hand in the middle of March.

Trade-In Situation
After much thought, we believe we have figured out the best system for Trade-Ins that will allow people to continue to mine with their FPGA as long as possible yet still able to get their ASIC on the second batch on time. The process will work as follows:

A week before batch #2 is ready to ship, we will make an announcement to those who wish to trade-in their last generation units to sent in their units, once we receive the units a custom order will be made for you to pay the difference depending on what you have trade-in, remember 1 trade-in discount/coupon is allowed per 1 Avalon unit. For clarification the shipping priority is as such:

Sorted from Highest to Lowest.

Developers - e.g. bitcoin core dev and other bitcoin contributor we feel deserve this treatment.
Trade-Ins/Old Customers - your unit will ship soon as we receive the FPGA and you've paid the difference.
Regular Batch #2 Customers - Unfortunately you are not special.

Other Fun News
This scheduled newsletter had failed because we surpassed the free 2000 MailChimp quota and manual action was required.
Christmas comes early this year. The present we got was the BFL March 1st bet earnings.
Looking back, it was not terribly surprising that failure and delay comes from the only thing not taken cared in-house, Shipping.
Lessons learned. Batch #2 process will have improvements, minor design adjustments and other goodies.
Pages:
Jump to: