Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon Batch #3 & More - page 3. (Read 5868 times)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
July 13, 2013, 10:54:51 AM
While avalon says they will start shipping batch #3 on monday, is there a reason why people are trying to request refunds? seems i m missing something here

ROI is pretty compromised now. With the delay and all those chips they will start shipping at pretty much the same time as batch #3, it's going to be tough mining those 75/100 btc back, even with some overclocking. I'd rather have 100btc in hand now than a "maybe you'll get it back in a year"
legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001
July 13, 2013, 10:42:59 AM
While avalon says they will start shipping batch #3 on monday, is there a reason why people are trying to request refunds? seems i m missing something here
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
July 13, 2013, 09:44:02 AM
all refunds are in full, in addition

you must obtain the invoice URL OR your return address must be one of the inputs.

I don't ever recall seeing a Bitpay invoice URL.
I have the bitcoin client and I can find my transaction ID under transactions -> show transaction details.
So... TXID is easy.

Where do we find our return address?

i believe it means that he will send refunds only to an address that was involved in sending the coins TO him originally (to prevent fraud)
if the address you sent from when you paid is the same address you want your BTC returned to, you're good
if you paid from mt. gox, or a wallet address you do not own, you are s.o.l., unless you have the invoice URL

but don't quote me Smiley

*edit* sort of answered here:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2719737
Activity: 69
July 13, 2013, 03:49:22 AM

you must obtain the invoice URL OR your return address must be one of the inputs.

Bitsyncom

Will you please address your Batch 2 buyers with problems in this thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/avalon-asic-batch-2-problem-orders-bitsyncom-please-help-255130

Activity: 490
Merit: 255
July 13, 2013, 01:44:37 AM

I don't ever recall seeing a Bitpay invoice URL.
I have the bitcoin client and I can find my transaction ID under transactions -> show transaction details.
So... TXID is easy.

Where do we find our return address?

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:42:45 PM
Well,
What he is saying, is that he did 3 things,
First opened a ticket, at bitsyncom page 20 days ago.

Second, filled the form, that Yifu sended to us.

Third, he somehow managed to press a refund button, on the bitpays page.

After all those manipulations, he received his refund in 4 partitions.
23.5+19+18+18

Thanks. But i cant find a refund button at the invoice url. It only states that i paid in full. Ill wait then. Filled that form 24 hours before so i wonder when something will happen. I mean only 48 hours time until the timeframe is gone. So i hope everything went correctly.
Activity: 406
Merit: 254
July 12, 2013, 06:16:03 PM
Well,
What he is saying, is that he did 3 things,
First opened a ticket, at bitsyncom page 20 days ago.

Second, filled the form, that Yifu sended to us.

Third, he somehow managed to press a refund button, on the bitpays page.

After all those manipulations, he received his refund in 4 partitions.
23.5+19+18+18
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:02:48 PM
I have a ticket open for a refund. Reconsidering now that we have a solid shipping date, though. Probably won't be receiving a refund anyway since I didn't keep my BitPay invoice URL. I figured the receipt I got from Avalon would contain whatever information I needed to do business with them in the future. Silly me. :-/

I was lucky and kept the thanks-page for all products i bought with avalon. So i could go back one step in history and got the bitpay invoice url.

But i dont understand what the russian guy wrote. He writes something like that he clicked a bitpay link? I only filled the form but dont remember that i could do more than that.
Activity: 315
Merit: 250
Official sponsor of Microsoft Corp.
July 12, 2013, 06:02:12 PM
@BitSyncom,

Is there any feedback on the refund form submitted? I wonder if you get it and all is ok before it will be too late.
Activity: 67
July 12, 2013, 05:55:33 PM
Read the first few posts in this thread Wink
Activity: 120
July 12, 2013, 05:49:53 PM
will we get the same amount of btc or same value of btc if we request for refund?
I recall the price at that moment if around $60+

About $75 is what the cost was at the time of batch 3 orders. Yufi already stated he would refund in full (BTC). At this point we are all curious as to when this will happen as I know my original refund request was submitted almost 25 days ago?
If you want a refund, you have to fill out the new form from the newsletter. I wouldn't count on your 25 day old ticket.
July 12, 2013, 05:44:09 PM
will we get the same amount of btc or same value of btc if we request for refund?

About $75 is what the cost was at the time of batch 3 orders. Yufi already stated he would refund in full (BTC). At this point we are all curious as to when this will happen as I know my original refund request was submitted almost 25 days ago?
Activity: 205
July 12, 2013, 04:51:56 PM
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
July 12, 2013, 04:45:19 PM
My reply to their newsletter.
Had to try.

Hi,

as much as I am looking forward to seeing process in the shipping department, I would like to voice a my opinion on your handling of the shipping delay in regards to pricing.

the batch 3 units were priced with a certain ROI expection in thought.
of course, that expection is not in any way feasible right now.
would it be too much to ask to backwards-re-adjust the price of the units?
it probably would not even have to represent the true expectional ROI.
most customers would probably accept a refund in the 20% or 25% range, given that batch 3 users only will have a week or two before the custom-built boards with avalon chips start to go live.

you're all engineers, you can do the math.

cheers
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Supersonic
July 12, 2013, 04:38:27 PM
the fact that he is making batch 3 units compatible with future 55nm modules is pretty cool.

source??

From their email :-
Next generation chip is in the works, 55nm will not be very different physically for backward compatibility.

But thats not talking about B3, I think its basically saying that the 55nm chips will not be too different from the current ones, so existing designs would probably work with new chip.
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1174
https://t.me/laser9un
July 12, 2013, 04:35:25 PM
Just curious as to when refunds will begin to be processed?

Komonec (russian guy) got his refund today https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2709517
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
July 12, 2013, 04:20:38 PM
My guess is when they start processing shipments.
When they look up what model to ship for you, they will look up your account to see if there are any tickets for special consideration (delete PSU or please add PSU, etc).
At least... that is how I would do it Wink
Activity: 74
July 12, 2013, 04:16:51 PM

Curious as well. Bumping this in the hope that we'll get some reply.
July 12, 2013, 12:46:10 PM
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
July 12, 2013, 11:24:12 AM
batch #3 order

odd, all batch #3 order was done through bitpay,

can you fill the form out with the bitcoin transaction ID from blockchain instead?

BitSyncom,

I've filled it with my transaction ID and a link to my already open ticket on support.avalon-asics.com, I hope this is enough.

Best regards.

spiccioli
Pages:
Jump to: