Pages:
Author

Topic: avalon miner 741 low mining speed - page 2. (Read 1586 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
October 17, 2017, 03:35:34 PM
it stays like this for long, and the 1600+ figure remains there even if it starts mining. Now i did a total reset and waiting, still at 0 GHs.
I tried wit several pools slushpool, kano and now trying with nicehash as the primary pool.
will keep you posted
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
October 17, 2017, 03:31:10 PM
Did you check all your cable connections in the back? Did you confirm the lights on the hashboards?

How long did you let it run when you first hooked it up, it's needs some time to ramp up.

I also noticed that even in your 45 second shot, that your GHSasc, was 1600+ which still isn't where it should be but that is indicative of it ramping up. I'm pretty sure that corresponds to your hash rate for that machine.

Did you try and run it on any other pools?
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
October 17, 2017, 02:59:24 PM
I just did a reset of CGminer to default and started the miner with -2 setting. I will send a new screenshot after few hours, but in the meantime, pls take a look at the image if you can spot any problem.

don't know 45 seconds is meaningless time frame.

looks like you are not hashing but 45s is too short of a time frame to have any meaning

now  if it is 20 minutes and you are at zero hash something is wrong.

October 17, 2017, 02:55:32 PM
I just did a reset of CGminer to default and started the miner with -2 setting. I will send a new screenshot after few hours, but in the meantime, pls take a look at the image if you can spot any problem.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9NWjdgjoBrWU3FqN3lXSTdsbUk/view
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
October 17, 2017, 12:39:32 PM
I recently purchased a new Avalon 741. After completing configuration and starting the first few test runs, i realized that it’s producing a very low mining speed (around 500GHs only). Whereas it is expected to produce far more speed upto 7THs and maybe higher.

I tried with multiple types of pools such as slushpool, kano and nicehash, but none of it could produce anything beyond the average speed of 500-600GHs. I don’t know if I am doing something wrong or if issing anything here, but everything seems to be normal in terms of the settings. For example, the network latency to slushpool and nicehash is around 30ms.

Did anyone faced the same issue with Avalon miners to help troubleshoot and fix this problem? maybe some settings in the CGminer software that I am not aware of?

show us a  proper gui  of at least a two hour test run.

here are 2 avalons running correctly .

using -2 setting

October 17, 2017, 12:20:37 PM
CGminer shows error code 15, which I presume is a normal one?
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
October 17, 2017, 12:02:17 PM
The Avalon miners have error codes. Have you looked them up?
October 17, 2017, 11:52:31 AM
I recently purchased a new Avalon 741. After completing configuration and starting the first few test runs, i realized that it’s producing a very low mining speed (around 500GHs only). Whereas it is expected to produce far more speed upto 7THs and maybe higher.

I tried with multiple types of pools such as slushpool, kano and nicehash, but none of it could produce anything beyond the average speed of 500-600GHs. I don’t know if I am doing something wrong or if issing anything here, but everything seems to be normal in terms of the settings. For example, the network latency to slushpool and nicehash is around 30ms.

Did anyone faced the same issue with Avalon miners to help troubleshoot and fix this problem? maybe some settings in the CGminer software that I am not aware of?
Pages:
Jump to: