Pages:
Author

Topic: Avoid running into financial ruin this Christmas! - page 3. (Read 1054 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 110
I’m using this medium and the opportunity to wish everyone out there on the forum a jolly and a merry Christmas. 
Compliments of the season to you too Smiley

I hope we all get to see and spend some time with loved ones, family and friends while spreading love, joy and cheer.
There is something about the Christmas season that just brings people together, maybe the presents, the food, the bonus pay from work but either way family always finds its self together and this tradition must continue to strengthen the bond that exists.

I also wish to remind everyone that we should spend money wisely and be very prudent. We should remember that by January of the next year, there would be a lot of bills that would need to be paid. So remember that while shopping for those items that may seem to be relevant and cool to get now but would be definitely irrelevant later on.
By January, a lot of people would probably be heading to the bank after going all out with their funds during Christmas to take loans to settle whatever bills would arise and there would be a lot that would arise!
I think money is always tight for most people in January cause they spent a whole lot of money during the Christmas period.
Wouldn't blame everything on Christmas because year in year out this day always comes and it's all because of our poor planning that leaves us in tight financial spots. To avoid the Jan-worry curse it's time we started saving for Xmas in January so that by December all expenses are covered and January will nolonger be a financial stressful month.

although people are worried and they are complaining about inflation but they are spending so much on their parties and other luxuries that it seems as if I am the only poor in the world - rest of the people are having a good life style - people are traveling showing off their good life and I am always in the bed watching reels and videos of the people.
Happy new year and have a blessed new year ahead.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 507
So while having a good time with friends, family and loved ones during this festive season, please remember that January, with all its bills is around the corner.

A very merry Christmas everyone!!!

Had the worst Christmas in 30 years last year. 2 days before Christmas I got covid and had to stay home alone over the holidays. My parents are already old and I didn't want to risk them getting infected. While the whole holidays were kind of sad and lonely, watching bad movies online and eating canned food, it also had some advantages. I didn't have to give any presents to my family and will probably now keep them for this year. Giving presents a few weeks after Christmas seems wrong and like that I already have all the birthday presents for a whole tear. The second good thing is that I didn't gain any weight over Christmas, had almost no food at home and no sweets or biscuits. So financially this was a very good Christmas and I am not so worried about the bills coming in now.
that is so say to learn - hope you are feeling better.
The Covid and the cough has made the life miserable for the people. Even there is mild Covid we all are experiencing during this winter.
May God keep us safe during the  toughest time.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 109
So while having a good time with friends, family and loved ones during this festive season, please remember that January, with all its bills is around the corner.

Had the worst Christmas in 30 years last year. 2 days before Christmas I got covid and had to stay home alone over the holidays. My parents are already old and I didn't want to risk them getting infected. While the whole holidays were kind of sad and lonely, watching bad movies online and eating canned food, it also had some advantages. I didn't have to give any presents to my family and will probably now keep them for this year. Giving presents a few weeks after Christmas seems wrong and like that I already have all the birthday presents for a whole tear. The second good thing is that I didn't gain any weight over Christmas, had almost no food at home and no sweets or biscuits. So financially this was a very good Christmas and I am not so worried about the bills coming in now.
How are you feeling now? The world has been a different altogether
Living alone in isolation give us time to reflect and think that we have to cope up alone for all the crisis we go through
Hope you are well now.
Haappy new year!
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516

Activity: 1834
Merit: 879
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
I’m using this medium and the opportunity to wish everyone out there on the forum a jolly and a merry Christmas. 
Compliments of the season to you too Smiley

I hope we all get to see and spend some time with loved ones, family and friends while spreading love, joy and cheer.
There is something about the Christmas season that just brings people together, maybe the presents, the food, the bonus pay from work but either way family always finds its self together and this tradition must continue to strengthen the bond that exists.

I also wish to remind everyone that we should spend money wisely and be very prudent. We should remember that by January of the next year, there would be a lot of bills that would need to be paid. So remember that while shopping for those items that may seem to be relevant and cool to get now but would be definitely irrelevant later on.
By January, a lot of people would probably be heading to the bank after going all out with their funds during Christmas to take loans to settle whatever bills would arise and there would be a lot that would arise!
I think money is always tight for most people in January cause they spent a whole lot of money during the Christmas period.
Wouldn't blame everything on Christmas because year in year out this day always comes and it's all because of our poor planning that leaves us in tight financial spots. To avoid the Jan-worry curse it's time we started saving for Xmas in January so that by December all expenses are covered and January will nolonger be a financial stressful month.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 616
I think spending foolishly on shoes and clothes these days is the biggest mistake one can do .. during this time of the year when people try to have less gathering and maintain distance - - one can have comfortable and nice dress one already have. . The COVID has made people realize that the biggest blessing in life is health and that is it.
Health is indeed a blessing in everyone's life, because maintaining health is not easy because everyone needs to ensure that every food that enters their body is healthy food. Many valuable lessons and experiences were born through the condition of Covid, because with this everyone already has a better idea of everything they want to do.

But I won't consider other people stupid when they still want to gather and don't keep their distance from each other, because maybe they already have immunity in their bodies or have implemented health protocols as recommended by doctors.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 397
dice9.win/ - Simple, fast and provably fair
New Year's has been running for a few days so I'm sure many people have enjoyed Christmas and New Year's Eve, if the financial problems they are currently facing certainly depend on their respective incomes if they are entrepreneurs then Christmas is the time they enjoy everything they want. regardless of the expenses they spend because Christmas is an event that only happens once a year if it passes, of course it is very sorry for those who really enjoy special days like that, so the advice you give only applies to those whose lives are mediocre and those who don't. Enjoying this very special Christmas day too.
Christmas and New Year is a great time for a business that manufactures and sells Christmas (New Year's) products. 

Marketers are well aware of this and use various psychological tricks to encourage people to spontaneous purchases.  At the same time, Christmas advertisements appear on city streets very early - in early December, and sometimes even in early November. 

Giving Christmas gifts is a great tradition, but you should avoid spending too much money.

Happy New Year 2023!
But people are upset due to high prices of electricity and rental as well.
So it is a good practice to spend wisely and don't overspend.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1775
Christmas and New Year is a great time for a business that manufactures and sells Christmas (New Year's) products. 

Marketers are well aware of this and use various psychological tricks to encourage people to spontaneous purchases.  At the same time, Christmas advertisements appear on city streets very early - in early December, and sometimes even in early November. 

Giving Christmas gifts is a great tradition, but you should avoid spending too much money.

Happy New Year 2023!
Activity: 1204
Merit: 110
I’m using this medium and the opportunity to wish everyone out there on the forum a jolly and a merry Christmas.  I hope we all get to see and spend some time with loved ones, family and friends while spreading love, joy and cheer.

Our society today has become very demanding and many things are defined by money and some even goes the rate to look at how much as a quantifier. You immediately see people trying there possible best to meet up quota as though, they are seeking public approval and appreciation. I would say, it somes up go the heart and how one feels while and after making some expenses.
It would be wrong for societal pressure to push you into doing what doesn't give you much joy, that won't be termed "merry" by any means.
Make a budget and stock to it. Although, its hard sticking to budget with the rising inflation but, one still has to check and balance things up. In the seasonality, there are those who are at the receiving end and making money off everyone.
The coming year will be toughest of all. One should keep the money management thing in mind all the time.
with the advancement in technology and new gadgets in market all the time we all yarn to get them. Living within your means and living contented is very important and saving the money is more important than anything.
Activity: 896
Merit: 645
I’m using this medium and the opportunity to wish everyone out there on the forum a jolly and a merry Christmas.  I hope we all get to see and spend some time with loved ones, family and friends while spreading love, joy and cheer.

Our society today has become very demanding and many things are defined by money and some even goes the rate to look at how much as a quantifier. You immediately see people trying there possible best to meet up quota as though, they are seeking public approval and appreciation. I would say, it somes up go the heart and how one feels while and after making some expenses.
It would be wrong for societal pressure to push you into doing what doesn't give you much joy, that won't be termed "merry" by any means.
Make a budget and stock to it. Although, its hard sticking to budget with the rising inflation but, one still has to check and balance things up. In the seasonality, there are those who are at the receiving end and making money off everyone.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
Christmas and New Year's Day are things that are always looked forward to, so everyone must have prepared their money to spend all the money they get on that day, so for people who have a lot of opinions, I think they don't care how much money they have. they spend on that special day and the important thing is for them to be able to enjoy it to their heart's content, but for those of us who produce mediocre of course what you say is something that must be done.

Mostly we really save when the December comes because we really spend on that day and also it is the month of giving. I my self i do really  save when the December comes because i do give gifts on my relatives and also we prepare foods since we celebrate on that that time . There is nothing wrong as long as you still have money after those celebrate you dont go broke because that is another problem. But i am sure all of people already think of it since it is very hard to go broke
Activity: 1400
Merit: 674

I was surprised to learn how many people will take on loans to afford holiday expenses negatively impacting their credit for the sake of a few holiday gifts. It's not worth paying interest on a loan for non-essential items.

Maybe for me, it's better to celebrate Christmas and New Year in winter with the existing facilities, we don't have to go far to go on vacation or eat deliciously, yes, even though everyone has their own way of celebrating moments of happiness but for now, I think it's more it's good to just celebrate as little as possible without having loans that will burden our bills later.

A difficult economy like this for middle and lower-class people should be considered wisely, but if you have prepared funds for the holidays from your savings and if you are a rich person then maybe there won't be any problems with next month's bills.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 276
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
Christmas and New Year's Day are things that are always looked forward to, so everyone must have prepared their money to spend all the money they get on that day, so for people who have a lot of opinions, I think they don't care how much money they have. they spend on that special day and the important thing is for them to be able to enjoy it to their heart's content, but for those of us who produce mediocre of course what you say is something that must be done.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332
It is never too late, after all it is not like this is going to be the last holidays that you are going to celebrate, so even if you cannot really implement the advice being given on the OP now, you could always do it during the next holiday season, and taking into account that the economy is probably not going to recover as much as we want during the next year either then it is important to keep an eye on our finances so we are always ready to take action if we get to see another economic downturn.
You're right, it's never too late to keep starting over after all the spending he's spent on. Because celebrations to seek pleasure need to be done but with sufficient portions. If it's already done, let it pass, and in the future what needs to be done is to always control finances by minimizing waste. There are still many holidays to come, if you only spend them for one day it will be quite difficult to manage your finances the next day.
And by simply having this positive attitude a lot of things can change, many newbies come to the forum and lament the fact they were not around on the early days of bitcoin to invest in it when it was very cheap, however they are forgetting they are around to buy bitcoin for under 20k, which is not a small thing as it is likely that after this bear market is over bitcoin will never touch that price again and we may reach the point in which bitcoin will never go below 100k at some point in the future, so if people can stop thinking about what they missed and instead think of the opportunities ahead of them they can still make progress on their finances and in several other aspects of their lives.
It's not just wise to spend foolishly during the festival periods not just it but at all times but people tend to show off buy things that aren't worth getting.
Avoid showing off especially when with has to gifting distance friends and relatives expensive commodities.
January tends to be very long and hard mostly bills to sort and investment to make why waist em all when you have nothing coming back in return. Do not forget to spend lesser than what you earn
It is so surprising that some people don't care about their present financial status,  they can even go to the extend of borrowing money to celebrate the festive season which doesn't make any sense . Festive season should only be celebrated  according the amount of money one can afford and not to put too much debt and stress on one's self all in the name of festive season.  Festive season will come and go but the debts will still be their to stress one.
I think spending foolishly on shoes and clothes these days is the biggest mistake one can do .. during this time of the year when people try to have less gathering and maintain distance - - one can have comfortable and nice dress one already have. . The COVID has made people realize that the biggest blessing in life is health and that is it.
Activity: 966
Merit: 573
God is great
It's not just wise to spend foolishly during the festival periods not just it but at all times but people tend to show off buy things that aren't worth getting.
Avoid showing off especially when with has to gifting distance friends and relatives expensive commodities.
January tends to be very long and hard mostly bills to sort and investment to make why waist em all when you have nothing coming back in return. Do not forget to spend lesser than what you earn
It is so surprising that some people don't care about their present financial status,  they can even go to the extend of borrowing money to celebrate the festive season which doesn't make any sense . Festive season should only be celebrated  according the amount of money one can afford and not to put too much debt and stress on one's self all in the name of festive season.  Festive season will come and go but the debts will still be their to stress one.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1253
Cashback 15%

I was surprised to learn how many people will take on loans to afford holiday expenses negatively impacting their credit for the sake of a few holiday gifts. It's not worth paying interest on a loan for non-essential items.

True but you cannot remove the fact that giving gifts to a loved one and seeing their smile is more precious than anything.  I don't mind paying extra as long as I see the people I cherish happy with that simple gift I prepared for them.

If you have money to use then why not? Christmas is once a year celebration and you can make it as a gift for yourself also to your family to give the best Christmas to them. But If you don't have any spare money then settle down and don't lend anything just to show off that you have good christmas this year because for sure you will suffer with paying debts with interest for long months.

The problem being is that most people don't look further ahead than the Christmas holiday. Sure, they might be able to afford Christmas shopping at the moment -- do they consider the possibility of losing their job in the coming months due to economic turmoil leaving a house/car payment without stable income? People spend without thinking about the future and it's especially true during the holidays.

You cannot have peace of mind if you always look at the future in a negative way.  What comes will come, what matters is that I made my family happy this holiday season.  This is the mere reason why I am working, to see the face of my family with a smile.  If the future becomes dull, I believe God will make a way.  It is been proven multiple times and I don't need you to believe that or make an argument about it.  It is my experience so I know better.  Grin
Activity: 2548
Merit: 533
The problem being is that most people don't look further ahead than the Christmas holiday. Sure, they might be able to afford Christmas shopping at the moment -- do they consider the possibility of losing their job in the coming months due to economic turmoil leaving a house/car payment without stable income? People spend without thinking about the future and it's especially true during the holidays.

Sure, most people tend to forget that after all the festivities, normalcy would return and that includes loads of bills to pay, debts that would need servicing and mortgage payments.
I think some being very optimistic and jolly, delve fully into the joyous mood and forget for a moment the harsh reality that anything from losing their job to unexpected expenses popping up later on could happen. And most times, people end up falling back to the bank to borrow money at exorbitant interest rates to settle their financial woes.

people should have learned their lessons already. remember during the pandemic period when people were struggling for survival. so by now, they should know what are their priorities. there's no need to prepare a lot of food if you don't have much. a simple dinner with the family is more than enough. much better if you will take care of your debts rather than thinking of extravagant menus on the table. being practical these days is a must to survive the various crises humanity is facing with.
People never ever learn, they would commit on the same mistakes again if ever they would really be having again some funds into their pockets which they wouldnt really be
minding and would commit on the same mistakes again.They wouldnt learn yet there are indeed people who are like this but eventually most of the time which we do all
avoid all things once we do have that bad experience back in the past.We wont really be making the same mistakes but there are really just things which are
unavoidable.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1101
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

Sure, most people tend to forget that after all the festivities, normalcy would return and that includes loads of bills to pay, debts that would need servicing and mortgage payments.
I think some being very optimistic and jolly, delve fully into the joyous mood and forget for a moment the harsh reality that anything from losing their job to unexpected expenses popping up later on could happen. And most times, people end up falling back to the bank to borrow money at exorbitant interest rates to settle their financial woes.

people should have learned their lessons already. remember during the pandemic period when people were struggling for survival. so by now, they should know what are their priorities. there's no need to prepare a lot of food if you don't have much. a simple dinner with the family is more than enough. much better if you will take care of your debts rather than thinking of extravagant menus on the table. being practical these days is a must to survive the various crises humanity is facing with.
Pages:
Jump to: