Pages:
Author

Topic: Awesome Miners Antminer S9 firmware - page 2. (Read 977 times)

legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
August 14, 2019, 09:01:09 PM
I saw mention of it in version notes for the past couple AM upgrades and so far have seen no mention of it here.
Anyone try it yet? ref https://www.awesomeminer.com/antminerfirmware Not sure if it requires also running AM to access it.

I only have 2 s9's left running so can't say I can give it a good test but seems the same as other 2% dev fee custom firmware here where one pays for the privilege of being able to tweak the heck out of a S9.

About the fee: This the first custom FW that clearly spells out how the 2% dev fee works.
From their above web page:
With a total hashrate of 15TH/s, no more than 0.3TH/s will be used for the mining fee.

The mining fee consist of two pools named DevFee that are running mining in parallel with a slow speed mining. Please note that because of the slow speed these two pools are working with a very low difficulty level, resulting in that they will produce quite high number of accepted shares. A high number of shares doesn't indicate that the DevFee pools are taking all hashrate - it's a result of the low difficulty level for each of the shares.

Again, curious if anyone has had a chance to kick the tires on this FW. Does it use the known security risk xnonce for the parallel mining?

edit: added emphasis to the dev pool hashrate
Pages:
Jump to: