Pages:
Author

Topic: Awesome way to spread the word... - page 2. (Read 1182 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
April 01, 2015, 01:10:23 PM
Which ways ? Please talk it out.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
April 01, 2015, 12:29:35 PM
I saw this on another thread...

That is a great way to spread the word about Bitcoin.  Not only do more people learn that Bitcoin is an alternative to dollar, euro, yen, - but the message gets passed around, and around, and around while the old school currencies are diminished.

Let's use old school currency (fiat) as our message carrier.  Where can I buy a stamper to stamp all my notes?  If everyone  also buys a stamper and stamp notes in their country - EVERYONE will know about Bitcoin in a hurry.  

Somebody please organize sales of stampers and tell us where to buy them!!!  You could make a shit ton of Bitcoin if you started selling these next week.  I'd buy one today!!! 

Put it on a T-Shirt or Sweatshirt and walk through shopping malls and crowded places. You will get recognized for sure!
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
April 01, 2015, 12:22:34 PM

That is a great way to spread the word about Bitcoin.  Not only do more people learn that Bitcoin is an alternative to dollar, euro, yen, - but the message gets passed around, and around, and around while the old school currencies are diminished.

Let's use old school currency (fiat) as our message carrier.  Where can I buy a stamper to stamp all my notes?  If everyone  also buys a stamper and stamp notes in their country - EVERYONE will know about Bitcoin in a hurry.

Surely a cheap and effective way of promotion. But I remember there was a discussion about it on reddit, many bitcoiners didn't like it at all, saying it's kind of cheap and intrusive. It could be pretty irritating to see your banknote polluted with unwanted advertisement. So the effect could be opposite to intended, instead of people going to a website to learn about it, you could get: "I don't know what Bitcoin is but I already don't like it".

Somebody please organize sales of stampers and tell us where to buy them!!!  You could make a shit ton of Bitcoin if you started selling these next week.  I'd buy one today!!! 

There are already plenty of businesses out there that makes custom stampers. Just google it. Although the bitcoin symbol could be a problem.
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
April 01, 2015, 03:54:36 AM

Somebody please organize sales of stampers and tell us where to buy them!!!  You could make a shit ton of Bitcoin if you started selling these next week.  I'd buy one today!!!  

A very curious thing about this, it is NOT illegal.  The law defines 'illegal' defacement as defacement that renders bills unfit to be re-issued.

Advertising a product is illegal.  Marking a bill with ink which is not a commercial advertisement isn't.  http://www.moneyfactory.gov/historicallegislation.html   There is one guy who knows all about this in great detail.  He's had many personal talks with the Secret Service regarding this point.  His name is Hank.  This is his company which dealt with this on a very serious level: http://www.wheresgeorge.com/.  Contact him if you want to know why it is legal to do this.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026
April 01, 2015, 03:47:24 AM

Pages:
Jump to: