Pages:
Author

Topic: Bad Day for Bitcoin. Cryptsy finally admitted theft and Mike Hearn tells truth - page 5. (Read 4420 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004
I love that someone who worked as BTC dev. is admitting what I said since 2-3 years ago.

"a system completely controlled by just a handful of people". Smiley

These people are manipulating the price as they want. They own the biggest exchangers(as investors), mining firms and BTC media like Coindesk and others.

Do not believe? Search! You will be "amazed" of what you will find. Smiley

Do not say that BTC is decentralized because it's just an illusion.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Here is the story of Mike Hearn
https://medium.com/@octskyward/the-resolution-of-the-bitcoin-experiment-dabb30201f7#.8cl1xjgdk

should I be worried? I guess so...

should I sell my bitcoins now? Dunno, I wait for now to cool of the "hot" news and see what happens the next 2 weeks.

what about my physical coins? Well, I paid 80% of my physical coin with mined bitcoins, so no loss there and the coins will probably have a collectors value. For the other 20% I maybe have take a loss of the BTC value...

I will be more careful now buying or spending BTC but I still have faith bitcoin will be success or else another cryptocoin will take over (Ethereum, Emercoin, Ripple... we will see)

Brave man Smiley last time I held and bad news happened I lost out.. But generally speaking I am not a trader and I always try to limit loss these days. I would probably buy a couple of coins if it reaches like 200 usd mark again. But until then... I will not sell my XRP though now that stuff is useful indeedily Smiley Still havent figured out Ether yet but I have a modest sum. Oh wait no I had that in Cryptsy Sad
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
You can read that there have been big losses/ thefts in Bitcoin again from an exchange (can we ever have any real security in Crypto?) Then one of the core Devs resigned because bitcoin obviously has got some big hurdles to overcome before it dies. Well personally because of the 2 of these I am down 15 bitcoins to start today. I have sold everything now and I am contemplating knocking crypto on the head for sure. I have lost far more money that I put into it. the bitcoin priice is going to go down devaluing any remaining physical coins I have left.
I am seriously annoyed by my stupidity to play with crypto so much.
Its a massive shame and a blow for bitcoin today. I hope everyone gets a chance to sell their remaining coins for a decent price.

For me I am fulfilling my current orders on physical bitcoins and then we will see where to go from there.

I need a new business me thinks

I don't blame you at the moment but don't lose faith....There's still a community of loyal and honest bitcoin adopters that aren't motivated primarily by greed and power.  Leverage your investment to protect yourself but don't give up on the project because the good side of the community will prevail....too much has been learned from the project to let it fail!
legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109
Here is the story of Mike Hearn
https://medium.com/@octskyward/the-resolution-of-the-bitcoin-experiment-dabb30201f7#.8cl1xjgdk

should I be worried? I guess so...

should I sell my bitcoins now? Dunno, I wait for now to cool of the "hot" news and see what happens the next 2 weeks.

what about my physical coins? Well, I paid 80% of my physical coin with mined bitcoins, so no loss there and the coins will probably have a collectors value. For the other 20% I maybe have take a loss of the BTC value...

I will be more careful now buying or spending BTC but I still have faith bitcoin will be success or else another cryptocoin will take over (Ethereum, Emercoin, Ripple... we will see)
legendary
Activity: 1399
Merit: 1004
northern exposure
Bad news not only for cryptsy, bad news for his users..., from what i had read they was hacked some months ago, then they start to use all those abusive withdraws etc etc... im happy because i WD everything some time ago Wink

this can happen with any exchange, this was the time of cryptsy, that's one more reason about why we need decentralized exchanges yes or yes.
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035
Bitcoin accepted here
The bad news have already impacted BTC price...

$30 loss, come on, people are afraid for such thing really? they have not the right to hold then

I hope it's just a temporary loss, but it might not be.
legendary
Well i don't think bitcoin is going anywhere, it defiantly has a purpose. The problem with bitcoin is not bitcoin its the users who are foolish enough not to protect their savings.

I agree bitcoin will stay but the price is gonna go down again and people will lose money again... I have told all my non informed friiends to sell also.. Luckily they still got a decent price.
legendary
i'm sure nothing will really, happen, the usual dump becuse of this new drama, and then again the value will surge for the umpteenth time

there were other bad days of bitcoin, and nothing happened, all were depicting, as a catastrophic scenario, yet bitcoin is still here, there is no real competitor for bitcoin

the tech behind it is unprecedent, at best it will remain a niche market, surely it will not die

$30 loss, come on, people are afraid for such thing really? they have not the right to hold then

3 months ago it was half the current price.. Yeah I am scared of that  Cry

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
i'm sure nothing will really, happen, the usual dump becuse of this new drama, and then again the value will surge for the umpteenth time

there were other bad days of bitcoin, and nothing happened, all were depicting, as a catastrophic scenario, yet bitcoin is still here, there is no real competitor for bitcoin

the tech behind it is unprecedent, at best it will remain a niche market, surely it will not die

legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035
Bitcoin accepted here
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
Turns out the biggest menace to Bitcoin aren't governments, banks or shady intelligence organizations, but from its own development.
legendary
You can read that there have been big losses/ thefts in Bitcoin again from an exchange (can we ever have any real security in Crypto?) Then one of the core Devs resigned because bitcoin obviously has got some big hurdles to overcome before it dies. Well personally because of the 2 of these I am down 15 bitcoins to start today. I have sold everything now and I am contemplating knocking crypto on the head for sure. I have lost far more money that I put into it. the bitcoin priice is going to go down devaluing any remaining physical coins I have left.
I am seriously annoyed by my stupidity to play with crypto so much.
Its a massive shame and a blow for bitcoin today. I hope everyone gets a chance to sell their remaining coins for a decent price.

For me I am fulfilling my current orders on physical bitcoins and then we will see where to go from there.

I need a new business me thinks
Pages:
Jump to: