Pages:
Author

Topic: Bad economy is not good for either super rich or very rich - page 2. (Read 338 times)

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255
I think a bad economy is something that the very rich are afraid of, when there is a bad economy, it is prone to riots so that their wealth can drop or even disappear, many very rich people have immovable assets such as land, factories, apartments and so on, when there is a bad economy then purchasing power decreases so this is what is very feared.
Activity: 602
Merit: 11
I just read an article that talks about inflation and the current bad economy actually makes the rich richer,,,,, and this has a bad impact on those in the lower and middle economies
What happens is that even if everyone is affected by hyperinflation the effects are different depending on your wealth level, the poor become even poorer as they can hardly afford food and other basic necessities, the middle class which is heavily indebted suffers as they lose their homes, their jobs, keep their debts and they can hardly afford food either, so in my opinion they are the hardest hit, while the rich lose a great deal of their paper wealth, but they can still retain or even increase their wealth in hard assets, and if they make the right moves they can even thrive under those difficult circumstances, making the rich richer and the poor poorer.
This happens because the super-rich have the power to monopolize the vital economic areas of the country, where they can tamper with their income by selling their products, so that in a hyper-inflationary situation they can still make a profit. plus of course they have power in the country with the money. while the poor and middle class seem helpless, it is also possible that they can buy government regulations so that only some parties benefit, things like this often happen in poor or developing countries
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
I just read an article that talks about inflation and the current bad economy actually makes the rich richer,,,,, and this has a bad impact on those in the lower and middle economies
What happens is that even if everyone is affected by hyperinflation the effects are different depending on your wealth level, the poor become even poorer as they can hardly afford food and other basic necessities, the middle class which is heavily indebted suffers as they lose their homes, their jobs, keep their debts and they can hardly afford food either, so in my opinion they are the hardest hit, while the rich lose a great deal of their paper wealth, but they can still retain or even increase their wealth in hard assets, and if they make the right moves they can even thrive under those difficult circumstances, making the rich richer and the poor poorer.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Recessions are not good for anyone. The poor and middle class will suffer the most and the rich will suffer because their businesses will make less money and they will make less money as a result.

The rich are obviously safer because they got more savings rather than some middle class person working pay check to pay check who loses their job. However we all suffer as a result.

However right now with the way how inflation is going crazy there isn’t much that central banks can do. They need to raise interest rates to control inflation. If they don’t it’ll get much worse in the near term.
Activity: 1041
Merit: 25
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
To have a good or bad economy, I think it's depends on the government on how they will manage the economy and get solution to avoid a bad economy because whether good or bad economy everyone will be affected. It will affect to the businesses of the rich people and also affect the daily living of the poor and the middle class. While the government think for the better economy, we as people and community should also strive to have a good life and do a legal works to earn money.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
This is something I talked about before in the money printing period. There were a lot of people who said that money printing only helps the rich people, and I said it was the other way around, it helps the poor a lot more.

Why? Because the rich managed to build a wealth, and their wealth became nothing when the inflation and money printing happened, whereas that printed money went to people instead and even though most didn't make any money and barely paid their survival with it, that basically means that at least they got something. So, what wealthy people got was the main cause for their wealth to worth a lot less than what it used to worth.
Activity: 657
Merit: 102
Think a bit personal when you can only do so within your ability. An unstable economy is something no one wants right now, but think more positively to look forward to a good future. We all want to be rich and pursue our own goals. When you know how to be satisfied with what you have, even if it's not a life of luxury or a life of poverty, they are all your life. Helping each other towards a better future is not just for personal gain. If you think only of yourself, you are like those who want to dominate and control for themselves.
Activity: 2786
Merit: 606
When the economy is bad, the poor ones are the ones who suffer the most from it. The rich ones will be able to go through it because they're already rich and they have what it takes to keep going when the economy is bad.

But for the poor people, they do not have anything at all and when food starts getting costly and they have nothing to rely on to get income and take care of themselves and their family, some of them might choose to do something wrong just because they want to get that money and take care of themselves and feed. So, it is usually difficult for everyone and just like you said, it’s also difficult for the rich, but the poor ones suffer the most.
Doing something wrong like committing a crime only to feed yourself or your family is not right. There are so many ways to earn money, why will someone choose that path. Rich or very rich people usually run a business and they can get affected because they can get less customers whenever there's a problem with the economy.

To have a good or bad economy is I think starts with the government if how the government runs their own country but we shouldn't put all the blame on them. We people must do something in order to improve our lives like we can save some of our earnings but before that, we should not be lazy and do a legal work to earn money.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 655
Bitcoin is achievement
lol...it base on the height of your richness, probably inflation is negative condition that the welfare of contry, so when it happened to a country i think everyone suffer it and it doesn't give any vital room or create any space for the rich to get richer, expecting it's a condition where by a government arms actually contributes ninety percent (90) of the inflation in order to punish the massive, actually normal inflation always affect everyone dwelling in such society or geographical environment
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
If you are the rich man,you are good by paying taxes.Incase you skip for the sake of taxes.You are not the good person to percentage.At the bad economy the person who had huge money also accepted to pay for the food.If you help the poor at food sense,you may look like a good person.But it’s not a correct one.For this,you may pay the taxes,government will look many person.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
Bad economy is worse off because the situation will deteriorate the more and the poor people living there will suffer more. However no type economy is good for bad decision or policy aa it will not take people out of poverty line but to bring them into more poverty. The reason for bad economy is bad policy from the government. Poor people have limited resources for themselves and family but if the situation becomes worse then the extended families may be cut off.
Bad economy brings negative impact to everyone, but mostly the poorest people are the most affected. It will make their life's situations worst that will lead them to extreme poverty and hunger. This is why when candidates run in the election, they always promise the poor people to bring good economy, of course the poor ones stick to it and vote for them. But as always, promises have gone totally when the election ends.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 110
If I am rich then why do I care about the economy is bad or not! I absolutely don't care and if I already have wealth then I can make more wealth through smart investment. In a bad economic condition poor and middle class people need money for food and run business. I can give them money as a loan and charge interest. There are many other ways too.

Actually in capitalism rich become richer no matter what the economic condition is.

It matters to me when I am rich and while the economy is in bad shape. Remember the poor are the workers, they are many than the rich people. If they won't work who will? It is a balance, the rich must support the poor and help them out even a little. If poverty is getting worst in the country, all of the people will suffer including the rich. Maybe not in financial matters but, crime rates will increase, illicit activities, riots and rallies. The people will oppose somewhere and I won't be relaxing at those times as it will also affect my daily living, with danger in the society. Well the case is different when you are a foreigner from a rich country, which you could go home anytime you like if things gets worst in a place where you are doing business. We just need to be human in times of hardship, we are dependent on each other in some ways.
Activity: 728
Merit: 19
KUWA.ai
If I am rich then why do I care about the economy is bad or not! I absolutely don't care and if I already have wealth then I can make more wealth through smart investment. In a bad economic condition poor and middle class people need money for food and run business. I can give them money as a loan and charge interest. There are many other ways too.

Actually in capitalism rich become richer no matter what the economic condition is.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 642
In a bad economy the rich will stay rich and the poor will be pulled down more.
Yes it might sounds grazy but i rather live in safe world and i dont mind unfair system i prefer safety and relaxing and that happy people around me and safety
Hunger will come so how could you relax if the people you are with have empty stomachs? Will they even feel safe knowing nothing about what lies in the future of their country or for them?
Business owners who are mostly the upper class can adjust their sales if an inflation happens. Then, merchants will need some profits, an item will be inflated once again. While a working class or the consumers will have to wait for months or worse, years waiting for an increase to equal the need of the inflation happening. That explains it.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 120
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
In any possible economic conditions.  The most difficult are still the poor.  For example, during the peak of inflation, the poor could not own any land and they had to come to terms with that bad economic trend.  As for the rich - they own or attach available resources to further create the basis for making money.  So I agree with the OP that a bad economy leads to a chain of effects, potentially abusive behavior for the benefit that continues in the end only the poor are left alone.  Lol
Activity: 224
Merit: 5
If we ever come towards a society where everybody needs a gun to protect his family and personal belongings than we are doomed. Without a law everyone can trust in, a country will collapse. First of all in such a world nobody would be using banks anymore, large amounts of cash will be stored at home and the financial system will go bankrupt. After that transactions will only happen between two people individually and no taxes are going to be paid. Why would anybody give money to the government if they can't guarantee laws and safety for its people. Once the government runs out of money the whole administration will stop working and military will likely riot. Eventually there will be a civil war where small local groups fight against each other.

We dont need to search for examples look at the san fansisco look at the crime rates.
If soceity dont change we will see more like this
Who would tought city like san fransisco becomes like this ...?? So if the current capitalism way contiunes we all need to have guns in homes.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
If we ever come towards a society where everybody needs a gun to protect his family and personal belongings than we are doomed. Without a law everyone can trust in, a country will collapse. First of all in such a world nobody would be using banks anymore, large amounts of cash will be stored at home and the financial system will go bankrupt. After that transactions will only happen between two people individually and no taxes are going to be paid. Why would anybody give money to the government if they can't guarantee laws and safety for its people. Once the government runs out of money the whole administration will stop working and military will likely riot. Eventually there will be a civil war where small local groups fight against each other.
Activity: 1895
Merit: 328
When the economy is bad, the poor ones are the ones who suffer the most from it. The rich ones will be able to go through it because they're already rich and they have what it takes to keep going when the economy is bad.

But for the poor people, they do not have anything at all and when food starts getting costly and they have nothing to rely on to get income and take care of themselves and their family, some of them might choose to do something wrong just because they want to get that money and take care of themselves and feed. So, it is usually difficult for everyone and just like you said, it’s also difficult for the rich, but the poor ones suffer the most.
Activity: 966
Merit: 573
God is great
I tell you a surprise, bad economy is also not good for the poor nor for the middle class. Bad economy hits everyone, the only question is how hard. And in relative terms (not in absolute terms), the poor and the middle class always lose more than the rich when economy struggles. Therefore, I can only partially understand your argumentation.

Generally, if a country suffers from poor economic conditions, then being rich or being poor is of irrelevant matter as everyone is indeed affected in this issue. Like what has been mentioned, it is a matter of the degree of its impact on the people. Unfortunately, mostly people who are living from the average median household to the poverty line would feel the effects more compared to the rich people.

The difference is that, rich people have the security in case of poor economic conditions. They have assets that can be used as a form of security/collateral in the event of an economic crash. Unlike poor people, what they only have are their monthly wages and a relatively small amount of assets.

Bad economy is  never good  for  the poor or  the rich, bad economy  will always  bring any categories of individual.  I have  seen top rich men in the  world  but when  ever their countries economy have some challenges their wealth rating drops. One may have  so many  properties to sell out in economic crisis and if the economy continues to face such challenges it maybe  difficult to  meet up how buoyant one used to be like before.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1176
Rich in usa not positioned good position.
As food shortages many people will go and take it from others and to keep law and order the govermemt and super elite should for their own good create system when even the hard times people who could be violant to others dont need to if you lock them up in prison then its even more expensive and need a lot resources.
Areas where is a lot gangs when things get bad its a matter of time when they hit to the so called " neigbhoods safe neighbourhoods"

It's hard to comprehend when you don't have access to that level of money, but the richest among us are making big money through good or bad times. In fact they have to be overspenders or follow extremely bad advice to have their wealth threatened at any time. Once you get to the level of let's say $10 million, probably less, provided you live a lifestyle within your means - it's extremely possible to never have to work a day in your life and you'll have a steady income even through the roughest recessions. People with the level of wealth have large chunks invested in the stock market, yes it goes down during bad times but there are still companies making money and paying it out to shareholders, if you're well diversified that income is enough to sustain you.
Pages:
Jump to: