Pages:
Author

Topic: Bad time to get into GPU mining - yes or no? Share your thoughts! - page 2. (Read 346 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
there are still many new altcoins in the ANN sub forum everyday and waiting to be mined...

it's better to have a GPU mining rig for those new coins, mine and hold !

most of them will die in the near future, but some of those new altcoins will keep growing!
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Hey,
So I've just bought 6x rx 570's and 3x 1070's, which I'm planning to run with a 1200W server psu and b250 mining expert mobo. I am currently waiting for my b250 which arrives in stock 1st of february. Here comes the big question though: Is this really a good time to get into mining? With the rapidly increasing difficulty and asic mining taking over some coins, will this be the end of GPU mining you think? I am just hoping to make ROI, but just since I placed the buy order on the parts till today the profits on very many coins that I was planning to mine has gone down 3x.. How do you see GPU mining in a year or so? Now the new nvidia 2x series are coming too so that should also be taken into consideration.
Let's see your opinions!

Nobody knows... since we can't predict future ETH or BTC or ZEC prices.

Could be a good time because prices might stay flat or go higher...

Could be a bad time because ETH might start crashing and in 2 months go POS.

Its a gamble... but a small one
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Hey,
So I've just bought 6x rx 570's and 3x 1070's, which I'm planning to run with a 1200W server psu and b250 mining expert mobo. I am currently waiting for my b250 which arrives in stock 1st of february. Here comes the big question though: Is this really a good time to get into mining? With the rapidly increasing difficulty and asic mining taking over some coins, will this be the end of GPU mining you think? I am just hoping to make ROI, but just since I placed the buy order on the parts till today the profits on very many coins that I was planning to mine has gone down 3x.. How do you see GPU mining in a year or so? Now the new nvidia 2x series are coming too so that should also be taken into consideration.
Let's see your opinions!
Pages:
Jump to: