Pages:
Author

Topic: Bad wallet PC, what are my choices? - page 2. (Read 1852 times)

Activity: 457
Merit: 251
September 29, 2014, 10:05:35 AM
You could use multibit (doesn't store the whole blockchain)

www.multibit.org
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
SelfPay - ICO PRE SALE - huge Profit !
September 29, 2014, 09:45:56 AM
So I'm having problems with the PC that has my Bitcoin wallet. It's basically a motherboard issue; I have to RMA the damn thing about once a year (thankfully ASUS has a 5-year warranty on it) however I need to operate my wallet elsewhere because having the wallet on an unreliable PC was fine when I was just mucking around with BTC. I currently have about a TH/s of local mining power, several cloud contracts, BTC Jam investments... anyway, I'm taking BTC more seriously now and I need my wallet somewhere more reliable an on a dead-once-a-year PC.

I have a one-month old wallet.dat backup and a Microsoft Surface Pro. The reason I haven't installed the wallet there is because I only have 128GB of space in there and the blockchain is too damn big. Is there another client that doesn't store the whole blockchain that I can use to load that wallet.dat into my Surface Pro? Or maybe some online service where I could import it and have a cloud wallet? The file is encrypted and I have access to the pass phrase.
Pages:
Jump to: