Author

Topic: Baikal Giant X10 - page 140. (Read 132881 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
November 10, 2017, 05:57:48 PM
Mid November is rapidly approaching. When do you think they will ship the first batch? I was secretly hoping for today.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
November 10, 2017, 05:01:11 PM
Others were supplied a different wiring address.

I'm thinking of seeing if I can cancel my transaction and just resend it to the other wiring address I've seen in previous posts.

read about that too. Tho i would confirm that old one first with baikal itself incase it ceased to exist meanwhile - else why would they have changed it to the new one.
Activity: 2
November 10, 2017, 04:49:59 PM
Others were supplied a different wiring address.

I'm thinking of seeing if I can cancel my transaction and just resend it to the other wiring address I've seen in previous posts.
Activity: 8
November 10, 2017, 04:18:03 PM
I sent my wire transfer a little while ago to the Construction bank of china wire address.

My bank came back to me saying the construction bank of China wanted some info on Baikal(business dealings, are they russian etc) before releasing my funds to them.

Anyone else have something similar ?

Yes.. already discussing with my Bank since start of Week. The Hongkong Branch Office is delaying the payment. It seems the Issue is based on the use of the Name "BAIKAL" itself.
Upon investigation in this thread and else it all points to possible confusion with some Russian Arms Company called Baikal.. so the name baikal raises all kinds of red flags in the swift interbanking system.
aaf tbh, after the 2nd Question Round i urged my Bank to speed up the process and provided all Informations necessary.

Still hoping for common sense to prevail.
Activity: 12
November 10, 2017, 04:11:09 PM
The Baikal X10 back looks like this....

http://www.baikalminer.com/img9/a6.jpg

I'm a newb at this. Could someone send me a link to what PSU they'd recommend? The D3 PSU has 8 6 pin connection points... so I could use that PSU from Bitmain yes? I've also seen these connector boards that hook into a HP PSU, which could be a cheaper route.

http://www.parallelminer.com/product/breakout-board-adapter-compatible-with-hp-1200-watt-dps-1200fb/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAuZXQBRDKARIsAMwpUeQ90D7AyTdYJldRqo0_ipJdZpWRwxDx1DnOETSAJ_5gbfpmc5E0ZxQaAteREALw_wcB

Mainly I don't want to fry anything.  Grin

HP DPS-1200FB power supply with something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Breakout-Board-10pcs-Cable-for-HP-1200w-750w-Power-Module-Mining-Ethereum/272870905226

This probably the cheapest and reliable setup.
Activity: 362
Merit: 252
November 10, 2017, 03:16:05 PM
I think i need to agree ...  Smiley
baikal is not bitmain, i don't think baikal has the willingness to flood the market with ten thousands baikal x10 miners in one or two batch delivery, actually i don;t even think they have the capability to manufacture that many miners...
it is reasonable to believe the 1st batch, there would a couple of hundreds miners in Nov, and another couple of hundreds miners in Dec

for the first batch at least 247 pieces with crypto.... ( wallet Baikal / cost of single Giant)
i don't know how many pieces with wire transfer i supposed other 250 pieces... but for wire transfer is only a my idea...
Activity: 2
November 10, 2017, 02:15:51 PM
I sent my wire transfer a little while ago to the Construction bank of china wire address.

My bank came back to me saying the construction bank of China wanted some info on Baikal(business dealings, are they russian etc) before releasing my funds to them.

Anyone else have something similar ?

Activity: 3
November 10, 2017, 01:41:48 PM
The Baikal X10 back looks like this....

http://www.baikalminer.com/img9/a6.jpg

I'm a newb at this. Could someone send me a link to what PSU they'd recommend? The D3 PSU has 8 6 pin connection points... so I could use that PSU from Bitmain yes? I've also seen these connector boards that hook into a HP PSU, which could be a cheaper route.

http://www.parallelminer.com/product/breakout-board-adapter-compatible-with-hp-1200-watt-dps-1200fb/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAuZXQBRDKARIsAMwpUeQ90D7AyTdYJldRqo0_ipJdZpWRwxDx1DnOETSAJ_5gbfpmc5E0ZxQaAteREALw_wcB

Mainly I don't want to fry anything.  Grin
Activity: 196
November 10, 2017, 11:36:56 AM
I asked if they were still in stock for seccond batch no response

They have answered me:

"Second pre-sale of Giant X10 have started.

Price: 1399usd/pc (shipping charge not included)
Delivery date: 20th December - 30th December.
Payment method: Bank transfer USD dollar Only
For this batch is no discount available.

Note the Power supply is not included, so you have to get it by yourself. For one Ginat X10, we recommend 800Watt PSU.
Shipping will be DHL/UPS, Russia customers will be S.F.Express."

Too late, too expensive for the tremendous steep increase in difficulty
If think december is to late for a ROI

2nd batch shipment is "already" in 1.5 months.

So I really don't think that december is too late for a ROI with this machine. Yes there will be a high increase in difficulty but however, there are already many coins available you could mine with baikalx10 and 2 algos are following.

Even if the profit drops a lot with myriad,skein etc... If its true that they consume just 150Watt with Skein+Myriad and around 400W with Quark it will be profitable way longer than with other sha256 asics, with sha256 or scrypt miners you only can mine a few coins which are profitable... Or am I missing something?
I agree with you. Smiley that's why I ordered, my order is 10-16Dec, ordered earlier for second batch.
I am so eager to see what the last 2 algo will be!!!

I think i need to agree ...  Smiley
baikal is not bitmain, i don't think baikal has the willingness to flood the market with ten thousands baikal x10 miners in one or two batch delivery, actually i don;t even think they have the capability to manufacture that many miners...
it is reasonable to believe the 1st batch, there would a couple of hundreds miners in Nov, and another couple of hundreds miners in Dec
Activity: 3
November 10, 2017, 11:12:20 AM
has any one received this miner? is it real?
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
November 10, 2017, 08:14:47 AM

They have answered me:

Note the Power supply is not included, so you have to get it by yourself. For one Ginat X10, we recommend 800Watt PSU.

So I really don't think that december is too late for a ROI with this machine. Yes there will be a high increase in difficulty but however, there are already many coins available you could mine with baikalx10 and 2 algos are following.

Even if the profit drops a lot with myriad,skein etc... If its true that they consume just 150Watt with Skein+Myriad and around 400W with Quark it will be profitable way longer than with other sha256 asics, with sha256 or scrypt miners you only can mine a few coins which are profitable... Or am I missing something?
I agree with you. Smiley that's why I ordered, my order is 10-16Dec, ordered earlier for second batch.
I am so eager to see what the last 2 algo will be!!!
Activity: 362
Merit: 252
November 10, 2017, 08:12:29 AM

They have answered me:

I think that most people in this forum bought Antminer D3 and the experience tell that simple gain with all miners are not possible......
Activity: 168
November 10, 2017, 05:56:12 AM

They have answered me:

Activity: 420
Merit: 105
German Translator - Hire me on Bitcointalk!
November 10, 2017, 05:00:47 AM

They have answered me:

Activity: 179
November 10, 2017, 04:53:58 AM

They have answered me:

Activity: 78
November 09, 2017, 11:49:20 PM

i think the best way to contact them and get response quickly is not via email, but ping their sales guy directly on Skype...  Wink Smiley Grin
from my own experience, that sales guy on Skype is pretty responsive, and is always online in the evening time (US time), and usually would reply any question within 60 mins...
yes! but the top thing is you have to make sure you are contacting the official one,not scammer. lol
Activity: 196
November 09, 2017, 09:43:04 PM

i think the best way to contact them and get response quickly is not via email, but ping their sales guy directly on Skype...  Wink Smiley Grin
from my own experience, that sales guy on Skype is pretty responsive, and is always online in the evening time (US time), and usually would reply any question within 60 mins...
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
November 09, 2017, 07:26:54 PM
Activity: 155
Merit: 110
Activity: 155
Merit: 110
Jump to: