Pages:
Author

Topic: Bald men discrimination - page 5. (Read 1015 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
December 03, 2018, 10:32:53 PM
It's not okay to mock fat women but somehow it's socially acceptable to make fun of bald men?
Bald men are discriminated against for jobs and are often joked about but it's not like they can control their genetics.  Fat people can actually lose the weight.

What about those, who are bald AND fat, and still get good jobs, money, fame, and women?

Fat Vin Diesel is laughing at your rant.

I think he means that something like this is going to be the exception, and sure as shit not the rule.

Also, this isn't saying that bald people aren't going to be successful in life. It's just pointing out that in society it is fine to make fun of someones looks when it falls under certain categories (OP is talking about, in particular, being bald) but you can't do it (or it's frowned upon) if you're making fun of someone's weight.

The double standard is all it is, really.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102
December 03, 2018, 07:52:26 PM
It's not okay to mock fat women but somehow it's socially acceptable to make fun of bald men?
Bald men are discriminated against for jobs and are often joked about but it's not like they can control their genetics.  Fat people can actually lose the weight.

What about those, who are bald AND fat, and still get good jobs, money, fame, and women?

Fat Vin Diesel is laughing at your rant.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
December 03, 2018, 07:50:53 PM
I noticed this myself once back in college. It was a bunch of kids and like 1 or 2 adults. One was a middle aged gentleman who was bald. I forgot how the context came up but someone was reviewing one of the projects in front of the class and mentioned how she just didn't like bald men, found them creepy, etc and went on. This was all right in front of this balding guy like he didn't even exist too. I look at him like WTF, and he shoots me back a vindicated look like, yeah YEAH really WTF?

I think it boils down to male disposability. Unless you got a full wallet no one gives a shit if you live or die, let alone how your feelings might be hurt. Unless you are the alpha male you are going to be largely invisible.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
December 03, 2018, 07:43:05 PM

I have noticed a lot of men in their teens and 20s are balding these days and no one is standing up for them.

The bad guys in movies and media are almost always bald.
Pages:
Jump to: