Pages:
Author

Topic: Ban locked threads in Alternate cryptocurrencies > Announcements (Altcoins) - page 2. (Read 783 times)

Activity: 305
Merit: 106
Perhaps though there should be a separate board for tokens.  I see more scams pop up and far more frequently for projects that dont maintain their own designs or at least have their own bc.

There already is a sub-board for tokens: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=240.0
Activity: 112
Merit: 44
Looking at the Report Malware and Suspicious Links here so Mods can take Action ! thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/report-malware-and-suspicious-links-here-so-mods-can-take-action-5182222
Most of them are in Alternate cryptocurrencies > Announcements (Altcoins) which is a cesspool anyway, but beyond that most of the posts that get reported & removed are locked topics. They are locking them so people can't post warnings in the threads.

Not allowing for locked topics could probably alleviate some of this.

That or just give lafu and a few other posters in the reporting thread their own ban hammer / delete ability.

Stay safe.

-Dave

I'm sorry dave, I'm afraid I cant support that.

Lafu was pushing exit scams on members and is likely responsible for millions of dollars of members lost funds.
He also directly supports scammers. He must not be given delete powers for any threads or posts anywhere.

Not allowing the threads to be locked is a better idea. This is more sensible.

For actmyname but what would prevent people coming to that thread via google links?

I also don't agree alt announcements is a total cesspool there are still some interesting projects on there.
Perhaps though there should be a separate board for tokens.  I see more scams pop up and far more frequently for projects that dont maintain their own designs or at least have their own bc.

Maybe reports that are for malware should be super priority for mods so they are removed super swiftly.

Worst case on a locked thread all links are auto deactivated and if you click then a warning appears that offsite links on locked topics are risky do you wish to proceed for sure? Maybe that could help.

Still yes locked topics being held down below active topics is a good move just that you will still get people on those threads albeit in a reduced number so that could be a help.
Activity: 305
Merit: 106
Or modify again the default sorting so locked threads will be arranged automatically after the non-locked ones regardless of how many bumps or super bumps or mega bumps it receives.
When the thread is locked sent to the bottom of the pack
Does it sounds like a step in the right direction?
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510
Spear the bees
What if we applied a "negative bump" to all locked threads in the Altcoin boards? If a thread is locked, then there it must have fizzled out of relevance and thereby requires no further discussion. Why else would you lock it, after all? (Self-moderated threads can be used for clearing spam)
Given that we've added the bump option for the boards, couldn't this be a way to fry two patties with one spatula?

Interested in seeing any problems with this idea.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6320
Crypto Swap Exchange
Looking at the Report Malware and Suspicious Links here so Mods can take Action ! thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/report-malware-and-suspicious-links-here-so-mods-can-take-action-5182222
Most of them are in Alternate cryptocurrencies > Announcements (Altcoins) which is a cesspool anyway, but beyond that most of the posts that get reported & removed are locked topics. They are locking them so people can't post warnings in the threads.

Not allowing for locked topics could probably alleviate some of this.

That or just give lafu and a few other posters in the reporting thread their own ban hammer / delete ability.

Stay safe.

-Dave
Pages:
Jump to: